Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

I know that lobster bisque is not as unique as the strawberry bisque and pumpkin soup. But it is out of this world. I am a lobster bisque addict. And Carnivals was really , really good. Is it in your book? I would love to have it if is in there and not too much trouble!!!

Thanks, Sue

Lobster Bisque

lobster4ss.jpg

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks! Now I don't have to wait until Feb to have this again - although it probably still won't taste the same. Something about being on a cruise ship just changes EVERYTHING!

I know what you mean, it's like you never can recreate all that hard work those people go through to put all that food together. I hope the Souffle suits you well.

I have an older recipe book from Carnival. I've got the newer one too. In the older book the Strawberry Bisque recipe does not include red wine. I believe it uses whipping cream too.

If you haven't found the recipe for one of your favorites, write a letter to Carnival for the recipe.

I bought the book sold in 2001. It did not include the recipe for the chilled orange soup (tasted like melted orange sherbet) I enjoyed at lunch one day. I wrote a letter to Carnival to request the recipe. They sent it but in their conversion to a smaller batch size, they miscalculated a couple of the ingredients. I checked with them again and finally got the right recipe. I now know why it tasted like melted orange sherbet - it had orange sherbet. The recipe is Chilled Orange Sory.

If you are interested, I'll post it. (The recipe is at home. I'm checking the boards during lunch at work.)

Yield: 4 servings

• 4 c seeded watermelon chunks & juice
  • 2 tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tbs chopped fresh spearmint
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1/3 c white wine
  • 1-1/2" fresh ginger root, sliced- 1/8" thick
  • Fresh spearmint springs for garnish

In a blender, blend all ingredients except the ginger. Add the ginger slices and chill the soup several hours. Remove the ginger slices. Serve the soup garnish with mint sprigs.

GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated.

When we were on the Destiny a few years back, my sister bought the cookbook just for the West Indian Pumpkin soup. When she saw the servings were for 100 people, she asked our waiter to ask the chef to cut down the recipe. The chef did it with no problem!

Hate to bug you, but my wife and daughter both loved the pasta they had last week. I don't know the official name, but it was a Bowtie Chicken Pasta dish. Any chance you have something like that in your books? It would earn me great brownie points!!

Thanks!

First of all PineappleGal, thanks for doing this for everyone here.:D

I have a slightly different question...

I'm trying to compile a vegetarian option menu for Cruise Critic(because the question has come up quite a few times here recently).

I have figured out most of the info, except for a few items.

So, here's the items, and I don't need the recipes, just if they have meat (which means beef, fowl, seafood of some kind) or especially the soups (if they have beef, chicken, or fish broth) as they can always be tricky for a vegetarian.

Crema Di Funghi Selvatica

Gazpacho Andalouse

Black Bean Soup

Chilled Cucumber Soup

Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomatoes with a Touch of Gin

Chilled Cream of Lyches

Corn Chowder Maryland

Asparagus Vichyssoise

Cream of Garden-Fresh Broccoli and Wisconsin Cheddar

Chilled Zucchini Soup

American Navy Bean Soup

Mango Cream

Ragout of Wild Mushrooms

Southwestern-Style Egg Roll

Penne Tossed in a Tomato-Cream Sauce with Vodka and Caviar

Penne Siciliana

Fettuccine Tossed in a Mushroom Cream

Thanks in advance for all of the vegetarian Cruise Critic members and/or family and friends.

Curt Jerome Wild:)

Pineapplegal....you are too nice!! The cookbooks are availabel on Carnival's web site and on ebay. I just bought Carnival Creations on ebay for $5.

EXCELLENT BUY!! I wish I could have thought of that. I got the book for my mom and dad for there anniversary (my mother such a foodie) Me a former culinary student is having fun with this book and all these posts.

First of all PineappleGal, thanks for doing this for everyone here.:D

I have a slightly different question...

I'm trying to compile a vegetarian option menu for Cruise Critic(because the question has come up quite a few times here recently).

I have figured out most of the info, except for a few items.

So, here's the items, and I don't need the recipes, just if they have meat (which means beef, fowl, seafood of some kind) or especially the soups (if they have beef, chicken, or fish broth) as they can always be tricky for a vegetarian.

Crema Di Funghi Selvatica

Gazpacho Andalouse

Black Bean Soup

Chilled Cucumber Soup

Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomatoes with a Touch of Gin

Chilled Cream of Lyches

Corn Chowder Maryland

Asparagus Vichyssoise

Cream of Garden-Fresh Broccoli and Wisconsin Cheddar

Chilled Zucchini Soup

American Navy Bean Soup

Mango Cream

Ragout of Wild Mushrooms

Southwestern-Style Egg Roll

Penne Tossed in a Tomato-Cream Sauce with Vodka and Caviar

Penne Siciliana

Fettuccine Tossed in a Mushroom Cream

Thanks in advance for all of the vegetarian Cruise Critic members and/or family and friends.

Curt Jerome Wild:)

Is it OK if I reply with Yes (you can use it )or No (Don't use this)? I went to Culinary School and I can tell you if there is any trace of meat/seafood/etc.

Crema Di Funghi Selvatica - Unsure

Gazpacho Andalouse- Yes

Black Bean Soup; I believe there is Chicken Stock in there *

Chilled Cucumber Soup ; I believe there is Chicken Stock in there*

Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomatoes with a Touch of Gin: No

Chilled Cream of Lyches - Yes

Corn Chowder Maryland -NO; Chicken stock in it*

Asparagus Vichyssoise- NO; Chicken Stock in it*

Cream of Garden-Fresh Broccoli and Wisconsin Cheddar; No; Chicken stock*

Chilled Zucchini Soup - I believe there is Chicken Stock*

American Navy Bean Soup- No; Chicken stock in it. (made it in school)

Mango Cream- Yes; Dessert soups don't have stock in them

Ragout of Wild Mushrooms- Yes

Southwestern-Style Egg Roll- Yes; I believe Vegetables are in the whole thing

Penne Tossed in a Tomato-Cream Sauce with Vodka and Caviar - isn't Caviar something you can't use.

Penne Siciliana- Yes

Fettuccine Tossed in a Mushroom Cream- Yes you can use

* Don't you just hate it that they make soups that sound Veg. but have chicken stock or meat products in there.* I hope this helps; let me know on any other recipes. *

Hate to bug you, but my wife and daughter both loved the pasta they had last week. I don't know the official name, but it was a Bowtie Chicken Pasta dish. Any chance you have something like that in your books? It would earn me great brownie pointsThanks!

Fettuccine w/ Mushroom Sauce and Chicken Tenders

2 cups Chicken stock

1 1/2 tablespoons Roux

4 oz. Dried porcini Mushrooms

2 lbs Chicken Tenders

1/2 cup Olive Oil

1 teaspoon minced garlic

2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped

1 tablespoon clarified Butter

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 cups sliced mushrooms

1 cup whipping cream

1 1/2 lb Fresh fettuccine

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

For Chicken Veloute, bring stock to a boil in medium saucepan; reduce heat to low. Whish in roux; simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until thickened. Soak porcini in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain well; chop.

Combine tenderloins, olive oil, garlic, and thyme in food storage bag; toss to coat chicken. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat butter in medium skillet; add onions. Cook until golden. Add mushrooms and porcini; simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken veloute; bring mixture to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; add cream. Keep warm.

Cook pasta to desired doneness in boiling salted water; drain. Toss with mushrooms sauce; keep warm. Heat large skillet until hot; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta onto serving plates; top with chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. 6 Servings.

GOOD LUCK!! HAVE ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW!!