NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

1. Re the patch: Yes, some dryness of the mouth. However, my DW always has a bottle of water with her because other things dry out her mouth as well. She did not find it bothersome or worse than she has otherwise had in the past.

2. Re the open booking on RCCI: We are toying with the idea of an Australian / South Pacific cruise to use that one up in January 2013. We have applied to attend a convention in New Zealand or Costa Rica at that time, but haven't heard if we have been chosen to attend. If we do get chosen to attend in NZ, it will be a much higher likelihood we use that cruise while we are in that neck of the woods. Otherwise we've been toying with the idea of cruising to Hawaii with my in-laws. My father in law is 88 years old and has been to 49 of the 50 states, with Hawaii the only exception. We may do that in the year ahead, but likely using the open booking on Princess since it sails round trip out of SFO and they'd prefer not to fly.

I'll let you all know what we think of HAL when we get back. I heard two positive reviews from people I met at a work conference this week that enjoyed their HAL cruises in the past year.

UVaWiseGuy

I hope you are enjoying your Holland America cruise; interested to hear how you might like them. I have heard pros and cons but that is true of most things in life!

Carl:

I just booked the Allure - doing with you on Dec 2.... I am soooooooooo excited!!

just posted on the roll call - I have friends on that sailing -

We will also stay for the Dec 9 sailing - double excitement for me!!

Can't wait to meet you and yours...

carol

Carol and Carl, I am so envious...are we still planning a Northern California luncheon sometime this year?

Yeah, they seemed out of sinc last night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh our dear Sharks need to be on a feeding frenzy! I wonder if the Canucks lose tomorrow...that would be the curse of the President's Trophy!

Narce was just saying, it would be nice to be in SLO again like what we did two yrs ago Janice -- perhaps in July we can get together for lunch around our bay area somewhere convenient local for all of us -

Carl - our stateroom is across from yours - we are port.. you are starboard - I am on the left side.... ha!ha! get my terms confused sometimes -- anyway, I am in 11288--- I chose deck 11 cuz of being on the same floor as the Concierge's Lounge - Janice, we are also on the same deck, across from it in fact, on the Navigator too - like to go in there during the evenings before going to bed so we can have either coffee or tea - relax a bit cuz no one is in there that late (or early ha!ha!)....

I was suppose to be gone from last Sunday to this Fri - Lake Tahoe with my gal pals, but I bailed out cuz my Mom went to ER last Easter Sunday and I didn't want to take a chance being away and something might happen to her - another gal cancelled as well cuz something came up, so only 3 went-- would have been fun cuz we did this same trip last yr and we had a great time in that area - oh well........ Carol

Narce was just saying, it would be nice to be in SLO again like what we did two yrs ago Janice -- perhaps in July we can get together for lunch around our bay area somewhere convenient local for all of us -

Carl - our stateroom is across from yours - we are port.. you are starboard - I am on the left side.... ha!ha! get my terms confused sometimes -- anyway, I am in 11288--- I chose deck 11 cuz of being on the same floor as the Concierge's Lounge - Janice, we are also on the same deck, across from it in fact, on the Navigator too - like to go in there during the evenings before going to bed so we can have either coffee or tea - relax a bit cuz no one is in there that late (or early ha!ha!)....

I was suppose to be gone from last Sunday to this Fri - Lake Tahoe with my gal pals, but I bailed out cuz my Mom went to ER last Easter Sunday and I didn't want to take a chance being away and something might happen to her - another gal cancelled as well cuz something came up, so only 3 went-- would have been fun cuz we did this same trip last yr and we had a great time in that area - oh well........ Carol

Carol, we did have a wonderful time there didn't we? I cannot believe that it was two years ago! Hope your mom is alright; scary isn't it? My mom is doing well with her in-home PT & OT visits.

I know that it helps to be feisty in life. Isn't our weather gorgeous?

Edited by barnismom

It's actually kind of creepy, like they share the same brain.

Carl, did you see the Kings fan at the game sitting behind the Vancouver team wearing a sweat shirt or t-shirt talking about the Sedin Sisters? I am sure that it iritated the Canuck fans.

Carl, did you see the Kings fan at the game sitting behind the Vancouver team wearing a sweat shirt or t-shirt talking about the Sedin Sisters? I am sure that it iritated the Canuck fans.

I sure did. It took me a while to realize what it said. I started laughing so hard.

Actually Carol, we changed cabins, we are now in 9146.

Ok - I'll come aknockin' -- me and the rest of my friends on that cruise! can't wait!! i am so excited!! carol

Ok - I'll come aknockin' -- me and the rest of my friends on that cruise! can't wait!! i am so excited!! carol

Carol and Carl, I am so envious! Hope you get Captain Zini! December is such a difficult month for us to getaway because my boss is focused on YEAR END. I did manage to get away for the Oasis inaugural though...

Carl, dear Carol is the social butterfly so we need to get her to write us in somewhere. Yvonne are you still sometimes working on a Saturday?

Wow I was just reading back and saw that I missed this post. I actually work every Saturday till 4:30 now. My schedule was so crazy before that I felt having a regular schedule every week would be better. So now I work Tue-Sat, Tue-Fri 7:30-4:00 Sat 8:00-4:30. Being off Mondays has been really nice the stores are dead so I save most my shopping for Mondays. Of course the trade off is that Don and I don't have 2 days off together which is a drag. If you ladies happen to meet a little later in the day let me know and I will be there. :)

Carol I hope your Mom is doing better.

I sure hope Canucks lose. I really don't like them.

Carl, I am "sad" that our team lost but HAPPY that the Canucks lost too! It seems that the established teams are falling to the newer less established teams...wonder what will happen to our team during this off-season?

Wow I was just reading back and saw that I missed this post. I actually work every Saturday till 4:30 now. My schedule was so crazy before that I felt having a regular schedule every week would be better. So now I work Tue-Sat, Tue-Fri 7:30-4:00 Sat 8:00-4:30. Being off Mondays has been really nice the stores are dead so I save most my shopping for Mondays. Of course the trade off is that Don and I don't have 2 days off together which is a drag. If you ladies happen to meet a little later in the day let me know and I will be there. :)

Carol I hope your Mom is doing better.

Yvonne, I am sure that we could make arrangements to accomodate your Saturday schedule. We just need to decide on a date, time and place.

Carl, I am "sad" that our team lost but HAPPY that the Canucks lost too! It seems that the established teams are falling to the newer less established teams...wonder what will happen to our team during this off-season?

Us too. :(

But....very happy to see the Canuckle heads lose. :D

With Chicago losing tonight, all 4 of the western power house teams are eliminated. Very weird. :confused:

Us too. :(

But....very happy to see the Canuckle heads lose. :D

With Chicago losing tonight, all 4 of the western power house teams are eliminated. Very weird. :confused:

So who do you think the final 2 will be? I was surprised that the Coyotes won!

So who do you think the final 2 will be? I was surprised that the Coyotes won!

I think Philly and Nashville.

I sure feel sorry for Patrick Marleau, seems like everyone wants him shipped out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

I think Philly and Nashville.

I sure feel sorry for Patrick Marleau, seems like everyone wants him shipped out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Carl, from what I have read and seen Patrick Marleau seems like a genuine down-to-earth individual who has set up roots here in the San Jose area. I know that everyone needs to blame someone but it was a collective loss although he did choke during the playoffs. Unfortunately he is the scapegoat this year.

I think it might be St.Louis and I don't know who their opponent will be but I am still mourning our loss.

Seems like on our Dec cruise we are being outnumbered by those Critter folks!! they sound like fun - I have to check out their threads cuz they haVe zillions of postings and subjects... Carl you and I can be SHARKS -- that's a critter....? ..no?ocean critter?

have a good weekend everyone - weather was so nice today - carol