Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

Hi Lusitanica!! This thread is amazing, thank you!

I am booked into #12178. In looking at the layout, I believe the bed is next to the balcony (yay!) but the room looks incredibly SMALL and I'm not sure about covered vs. uncovered balcony. Can you help?

Also, does anyone have any insight into whether a Deluxe Balcony is bigger? Or is a Spa Balcony worth the price? I have until March of 2012 so there's some time to ask my travel agent to move me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm booked in cabin 12184 on the EPIC. How can I tell if the bed is near the balcony or the door?? I'm pretty sure this is a good cabin. Thanks in advance for feedback!

look at a ship diagram. The bed is where the widest part of the room is (where the wave goes out, not in). Your couch is by your balcony.

Edited by sdmike

look at a ship diagram. The bed is where the widest part of the room is (where the wave goes out, not in). Your couch is by your balcony.

Thanks for the info. I'm debating switching to cabin 12100...it looks like it is the start of the hump and has a bigger balcony...plus the bed is not by the door. I noticed it's being re-classified as a diff category in the future. My cabin 12184 (currently on the hump) that I'm booked in now appears to have the bed by the door and it overlooks lifeboats and the open cabins on 8. But if I book 12100 will people be able to see into my balcony since it'll be on an angle?? I know I'm probably over-thinking this stuff, but if anyone can provide some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!! :D

Hi Mike, re: your statement that only Deck 8 has uncovered balconies, that's not entirely true. There are some staterooms on the 9th that are uncovered.---those way forward and those in the stern, mainly 9269 to 9286. There are also some kind of on the bump-out, midship. I have been doing so much research on this,because we wanted uncovered. I might be wrong (God, I hope not--I've changed cabins 3 times) I ended up choosing 9278. BTW, I'd like to thank you for some great reads about this ship. We are so looking forward to it.:)

Im just amazed how much effort you have all put into this thread ! We are cruising the med next year on the Epic our first ever cruise , were cruise virgins !!! We are booked into 8038 , I have read each thread on here but still cant work out whether we have a good cabin or not and whether we are over sheltered or not ! I know most of you are expert cruisers and the info and your knowledge on this site is invaluable to my husband and i Thank You all so much.

Best wishes to you all and once again my huge thanks x

How do you know where the bed is in all the staterooms and where do you find all the pics. I could look at a ship all night and still wouldn't know where one room is or another other than the description on the web sites. Are you a TA or just really, really informed about ships? Is it all ships or just the Epic your familiar with? I am sooooo amazed!! You are getting so bombarded with questions! ;)

Would love to see *exactly* where this cabin is :confused: and where bed is ? Looks to me like it may have a larger balcony ?? So difficult to see on deck plans :rolleyes: Appreciate any help,,,,,,,

Happy Cruising.......

DonnaF :D

Hi Lusitanica,

I just looked at some of your great 'location' photos and am trying to find an external view of #10184

I saw the external view of 10152 and when counting balconies and checking deck plan it didn't seem to match up- I'd appreciate your help and expertise.

Many thanks

How do you know where the bed is in all the staterooms and where do you find all the pics. I could look at a ship all night and still wouldn't know where one room is or another other than the description on the web sites. Are you a TA or just really, really informed about ships? Is it all ships or just the Epic your familiar with? I am sooooo amazed!! You are getting so bombarded with questions! ;)

Looking at the wave cabins it is fairly simple to figure out the arrangement of the room. The sofa will be against the wall that bulges into the room (if you were standing at the front looking back that is).

Lusitanica has a knack for finding cabins for sure;)

hi can anyone tell me if my cabin is exposed too,its 12014, thanks ever so much

jayne

Lusitanica pointed out that 12014 is a "sheltered" balcony....

FWIW, we just got off Dawn's repositioning cruise and had a sheltered balcony. We really liked it because of the extra shading and protection from the wind. Take care....