Anyone cruising with Celebrity or Royal?

11dfr11

Yes, we are big fans of Celebrity, but we actually like the Millennium Class ships better than the new "S" Class ships. We found they used the space better and it was much more traditional - on the "M" class ships. We also liked many of the features like the Thallostherapy pool, dining room, drawer/closet space in the room, picture window on the ocean sauna and in general, the public spaces.

We have also been several times on the Gem Class ships of Princess - Ruby, Emerald, Crown, Diamond, etc... and have been very pleased. It is just a smidgen down a notch from Celebrity in ambiance.

Now as for RCCL - we went on a couple of cruises; the last one we took five years ago - we were very disappointed in the food and service. We also like that Celebrity/Princess does not have as many kids/families aboard. We also feel Celebrity is a bit more upscale in its clientele.

We have been on NCL once (food horrible, service fair, cabin and entertainment excellent) and Oceania (too old and stodgy, lack of entertainment and life on the ship after 9 PM and food was okay; not better than Celebrity) - never again for NCL; maybe in 20- 30 years for Oceania. Holland was good to very good in food and service, but clientele tends to be VERY old - 75 & up - we hung out with the entertainment group as the ship was also dead after 10 PM. FYI we are in our early 50's & 60's male couple - we were the young-ins. :p

Celebrity has always taken good care of us and now that we have been "Elite" in their program - they take really good care of us. We will stick with Celebrity and Princess for the mid-priced cruise lines.

Whatever line you choose have a great trip... Happy sailing :)

Edited by neilrr

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I are booked on the Celebrity Infinity for my 50th birthday. We did splurge on Aqua Class, but Blu was so excellent on the Reflection, I felt like we would be missing out.

Hi, Steve and Dale--

Michael and I are booked on Infinity for the January 5, 2014 sailing from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Which sailing are you guys booked on?

--Terry

Hi, Steve and Dale--

Michael and I are booked on Infinity for the January 5, 2014 sailing from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Which sailing are you guys booked on?

--Terry

Hi Terry,

We are sailing on the March 30th, 2014 sailing from Miami to San Diego. We are looking at your itinerary for our next cruise.

Steven

Hi Terry,

We are sailing on the March 30th, 2014 sailing from Miami to San Diego. We are looking at your itinerary for our next cruise.

Steven

Steven,

Have a great time on your cruise. We look forward to our. Can't believe that it's less than a month away.

Terry

Dec.12,2013 Brilliance of the Seas

April 20,2014 Celebrity Silhouette:)

See you on the Brilliance tomorrow. Check out the roll call.

We usually sail with Celebrity. Transatlantics are usually loaded with LGBT folks.

RCCL is fine. Never tried Princess and will probably never go on Carnival (never say never, right?); if it's anything like Costa, then no.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are fans of Celebrity. We really fell in love with the Solstice Class of ships after our cruise on the Equinox in 2011. We do two cruises a year and he would be happy doing all Celebrity. However, I like variety, so we always do one Celebrity and one on a different line. We enjoyed NCL, but ONLY if we book a suite. The rest of the ship is pretty low rent. We did Crystal last year - I enjoyed it, but my partner didn't like all of the old people (we are in our 30s). And for the expense, it would only make sense to do it again if he had liked it. We did Holland America this year - we hated the ship (Maasdam), but liked the overall product, so we will try them again, but on a newer ship.

We just got off the Infinity after cruising down the West Coast of South America. It was an amazing trip. Our next cruise is on the Silhouette in the Mediterranean. We are really excited to get back on the Solstice Class ships. We love the layout of those ships - especially the Solarium.

We have some upcoming cruises booked with Princess and Azamara, which my partner isn't as excited about, but I'm the one in charge of planning lol

Michael

We did a btb on Celebrity's Solstice from west coast USA to Sydney, took a day off then a btb on RC's Radiance around Auss. & NZ.

Granted, the area sailing will have alot to do with the kind of passengers. On X, lots of Aussie, fun crowd. On both of the Radiance cruises, the average age ( according to sickbay ) was 80. The top end cruise, more walkers, wheel chairs than I have ever seen, took forever to tender. The bottom cruise, same age, much more agile. The difference between the 2 lines, X is like the " Lord & Tayor " & RC is WalMart.

Dec. 2014, sailing on the Infinity from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires via the canal.

Hi

We are travelling around the Med on Celebrity Reflection in September. We did a lot of research before we booked and judging by some recent Celebrity face book posts, I dont think we will be too lonely ;)

which sailing? we are on the Reflection on September 5 (Rome).

My partner and I are trying out the Reflection in 2 weeks. This is our first Celebrity cruise...having sailed on RC in the past with family. We are hoping for less children and no power scooter parking areas like on Princess or HAL! The beverage package might have influenced the decision as well. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

My partner and I just came back from our South America cruise from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso last month on Celebrity Infinity. This was my 4th, and his 3rd cruise, with Celebrity. We had a most fantastic time on this cruise. The only thing we wished different was that there would be more "family members" on board. The LGBT cocktail hour did not draw anyone the times we went there, but we did meet a few on the ship.

We have booked another cruise for next year. We will be going on Celebrity Millennium on March 1, 2015 from Singapore to Hong Kong via Thailand and Vietnam.

--Terry

Partner and I are booked for Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas out of NJ for 9 nights in June 2014. We are so excited and are very social with anybody, but didn't run into any FODs on our last cruise (but still had an amazing time). LOL

We prefer Celebrity and Royal with a slight preference for Celebrity. We would be open to trying Princess some day. We gave Carnival more than one shot and we are done.

We also prefer Celebrity (3 cruises) & RCI (5th coming up), leaving today to go to Florida and catching the Brilliance for a 5 nighter and then setting up a group of friends and family to go out for a Thanksgiving cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. I just started to cruise in Sept of 2010 and my partner has 70+ under his belt (but then he is an agent).