Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

1A's are confusing, at least to me, and it seems to be to other members on the Carnival forum. I have started different threads on the topic, and still have questions about other 1A cabins because they all seem to be unique. I thought it would be beneficial to have one thread dedicated to this topic with all the information you would want to know.

I have started by listing just about all the 1A cabin's by number on the different ship classes. I, for one, am especially interested to better understand which cabins have true upper/lowers, which one have 2 twin beds that are able to push together, and which have 1 bed and 1 convertible sofa. Also, which ones have portholes or other interesting info. Pictures, if anyone has them, are a plus (with ship and room #, of course)! :D Please contribute to my list and make any changes for errors I may have made.

Thanks for your contributions!! :D

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS, portholes

6224 fwd, port,

6227 fwd, SB,

6393 mid, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

7345 mid, SB,

8357 mid, SB

SPIRIT CLASS

1211 fwd, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1247 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1249 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1255 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

1257 aft, SB, 2 beds can be pushed together

FANTASY CLASS

R50 mid

R52 mid

R54 mid

R56 mid

R58 mid

R60 mid

R62 mid

R64 mid

R66 mid

U167 aft

U169 aft

U171 aft

U173 aft

U175 aft

E181 aft

E183 aft

E185 aft

E187 aft

E189 aft

DESTINY

1101 fwd, SB, portholes

1102 fwd, port, portholes

1105 fwd, SB, portholes

1106 fwd, port, portholes

1306 aft, port

1309 aft, SB

2101 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 cCS, portholes

2102 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2105 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2106 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2334 aft

2335 aft

6126 fwd

6127 fwd

TRIUMPH CLASS

1201 fwd, SB, portholes

1202 fwd, port, portholes

1205 fwd, SB, portholes

1206 fwd, port, portholes

1402 aft, port

1405 aft, SB

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS

2208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS

2211 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2217 fwd, SB, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2216 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 CS, portholes

2444 aft

2445 aft

6226 fwd

6227 fwd

Great job with all the listings. I was wondering about the 1a's that have a bigger picture type window in them, rather than port holes, does anyone know about these?

I will be cruiseing solo soon and want a room with the pictures windows in them, so any ideas? kmbb

Great job with all the listings. I was wondering about the 1a's that have a bigger picture type window in them, rather than port holes, does anyone know about these?

I will be cruiseing solo soon and want a room with the pictures windows in them, so any ideas? kmbb

I am fairly certain that those are no longer 1A's. They used to be on the main deck, aft, behind the stairwell. According to the carnival website, they are now considered an outside cabin. If there are others, will someone let us know? :)

If you look thru the above list you can quickly see that these are only on the Destiny and Triumph class and have bunk beds. The others that had two twin beds are now 6Bs.

So just book a Destiny (2334, 2335) or Triumph (2444, 2445) class ship, they are the ones in the back of the ship on Main deck. Just be aware as shown above they have bunk beds.

I am fairly certain that those are no longer 1A's. They used to be on the main deck, aft, behind the stairwell. According to the carnival website, they are now considered an outside cabin. If there are others, will someone let us know? :)

True, on Conquest class ships they were changed, but not on all ships. The poster is sailing solo, so might not care she doesnt get two twins.

I've seen pictures(somewhere) that show the port holes, and also the picture windows, I would really want a room with the windows, the beds really don't matter to me, since it will be only me in the room. I like how the picture windows were, just seem like you could see out so much better. So what class room would I be looking at if these are not available as 1a's anymore? Thanks, kmbb

Firefly, you are the 1A Queen! :D Thanks for all your help!

KMBB, what ship were you planning on going on? As firefly mentioned, on the Destiny and Triumph/Victory, they are available in select cabins as 1A's. Otherwise you could get just about any outside cabin (5A and up, I think) if you wanted a picture window. Hope that helps!

I've seen pictures(somewhere) that show the port holes, and also the picture windows, I would really want a room with the windows, the beds really don't matter to me, since it will be only me in the room. I like how the picture windows were, just seem like you could see out so much better. So what class room would I be looking at if these are not available as 1a's anymore? Thanks, kmbb

They're 6A's.

You may be thinking of the Holiday. That class of ships had a few rooms at the very back that were 1A on Upper Deck. I think there are also some 1As at the front that have portholes.

I have started by listing just about all the 1A cabin's by number on the different ship classes. I, for one, am especially interested to better understand which cabins have true upper/lowers, which one have 2 twin beds that are able to push together, and which have 1 bed and 1 convertible sofa. Also, which ones have portholes or other interesting info. Pictures, if anyone has them, are a plus (with ship and room #, of course)! :D Please contribute to my list and make any changes for errors I may have made.

Thanks for your contributions!! :D

TRIUMPH CLASS

1201 fwd, SB, portholes

Here are pix of 1201 on the Carnival Victory: http://travel.webshots.com/album/560272286DDJgAl?vhost=travel

Thanks to everyone who has responded about the 1a's. I plan to travel on the Truimph, April 5 sailing(solo) its a 7 day. I might change my mind, once I check the prices. I really just wanted a 5 day, with ports Grand Caymen and Cozumel, so I guess I should start checking prices and cabins. I will need to get a book with the cabins in them so I can see what cabin I really want. Like I said, I want the ones with the big windows, so I will take a look. Thanks for your help. I'm nervous about going by myself, but need the time to get away.(cancer enter my life last year and mess alot of things up) so I just want to get away from it all.(it has been almost a year of chemo and cancer free, so hopefully I've beaten it) Thanks all, kmbb

(6As are only front and aft on Riveria deck now on Conquest class, but all ships 6As, are only on Riveria deck).

That is until Carnival Dream makes her debut next year, and then those formerly "special" 1A with the two picture windows will become 6A (and on both Main and Riviera Deck)

And just adding to the general 1A information. . .

If you are booking Carnival Dream, be very careful about considering a "guaranteed 1A", as I don't think any of us want to consider being stuffed into R1332, which somehow appears to be the smallest 1A ever created on a Carnival vessel. That cabin looks teeny tiny!!

Thanks to everyone who has responded about the 1a's. I plan to travel on the Truimph, April 5 sailing(solo) its a 7 day. I might change my mind, once I check the prices. I really just wanted a 5 day, with ports Grand Caymen and Cozumel, so I guess I should start checking prices and cabins. I will need to get a book with the cabins in them so I can see what cabin I really want. Like I said, I want the ones with the big windows, so I will take a look. Thanks for your help. I'm nervous about going by myself, but need the time to get away.(cancer enter my life last year and mess alot of things up) so I just want to get away from it all.(it has been almost a year of chemo and cancer free, so hopefully I've beaten it) Thanks all, kmbb

I hope you are beating that darn cancer then.

These are the two 1A cabins on Triumph that have the two big windows. Im assuming you dont care if there is only one twin regular bed.

2444 aft

2445 aft

2216 and 2217 (these are also larger than the 1As next to them) would be my second choices, because you have a sleeper sofa and a twin, so a sitting area by the window in effect. Both have the two port holes.

firefly333, Any idea when or if Carnival will turn those 2 1A aft. cabins on the Triumph (2444 & 2445) into 6B's and adding the second twin bed?

I sure hope so, cause if they do I'll be sleeping in a bed and not in the bunk next year!:) :) :)

firefly333, Any idea when or if Carnival will turn those 2 1A aft. cabins on the Triumph (2444 & 2445) into 6B's and adding the second twin bed?

I sure hope so, cause if they do I'll be sleeping in a bed and not in the bunk next year!:) :) :)

lol we will have to agree to disagree. I hope they dont put the beds on the floor and change them, 'cause she is coming to New Orleans, and Im only about 7 1/2 hours away yahoo maps says. I dont know of any plans and hope not.

I had cabin 2462 on the Glory a few years ago. It had the 2 large picture windows but still had an upper / lower berth. It is now shown as a 6B so the upper / lower have been replaced.

My next cruise on the Feedom is a back to back and I have cabin 7345 on the Empress deck. I wanted to have a higher deck so trips to the Lido deck won't be so far. The Empress deck should be perfect since it is 2 decks below Lido and 2 decks above Promenade. Every thing will be easy to get to.

Ah, so the bunk bed is hidden, and I do get a sofa, I guess! I'm in 1202 on the opposite side next week. I'll assume the setup is exactly the same. This is great. Thanks.

Well actually there is no hidden bunk lol. Yes, you have a convertible sofa bed and one twin bed, no bunk. If you look at the first post, it says what is in each cabin for each class, go to Triumph class and look at your cabin #. Nicely done, all spelled out by ship class.

Well actually there is no hidden bunk lol. Yes, you have a convertible sofa bed and one twin bed, no bunk. If you look at the first post, it says what is in each cabin for each class, go to Triumph class and look at your cabin #. Nicely done, all spelled out by ship class.

What's the thing coming out of the ceiling in the pics? Lol.