Anyone purchased a Carnival mattress?

dnj628

In all honesty, I did not find the mattress on any of my Carnival cruises that great. They were ok, for a week ( and not worthy of complaining about) , but I would not want one to sleep on at home indefinitely. However, I did love the crisp linens and the duvet/comforter. JMHO.:)

Edited by sparky8

Not Carnival but HAL,,,so here is a warning,,don't do it!

HAL sells thier matresses to but they are not the same as the ship. Yes they come direct form the factory, the covering looks just like a HAL mattress (they did thier coversions over the last few years too) but they don't quite feel the same or last very long,,the second part I am basing on a thread about this same subject on the HAL forum.

I got rid of my Simmons Beautyrest for the HAL bed which is a Sealy Posturpedic, european top (whatever that means). I think the mattress is probably fine but the box springs are junk,,and you know there are no box springs on a ship, and somehow the way they support you on the ships are not the same at home. I would like to have tried the HAL mattress with the Simmons box springs.

But someone on the HAL forum started a thread about their HAL mattress which wore out in 3 years (10 year warranty I think) and always made a crunchy sound. The Sealy rep came to their house, had the bed replaced and the new one made a crunchy sound right off the bat. Sealy wanted to give them a 3rd one and they didn't want that. They are in the process of figuring out how to sue (I think) to get their money back or use thier money on a better mattress.

The major point on the thread was buy a mattress from someone that has a store, so you have someone to go to and complain if you didn't get what you wanted,,rather then dealing with a factory as the cruise lines are just the middle men and once they made the sale you're on your own. I am going for a memory foam bed when this HAL one wears out. And yes,,HAL beds on the ships are to die for too.

Without exception, all the CCL onboard mattresses have been extremely comfortable, and have provided top-quality vacation sleep. :)

I've never really considered buying a set for my own home bed (as I prefer what I'm currently using better), but . . .

I did purchase the Carnival Comfort Bedding for my dog, and he loved it. Two thumbs up -- well, paws up. :D

Edited by DGP1111

www.carnivalcomfortcollection.com/

I got my pillows two years ago for Christmas. I absolutely love them!

Haven't been on a HAL cruise yet, but will one day soon I hope. Glad to hear their beds are comfy. The Princess beds are BRUTAL. I'd like to cruise Princess again, but don't think I can tolerate the beds again.

• 7 years later...

Once of the things I leaned during the behind the fun tour is that they replace several of mattress every cruise. I guess you could always ask for one of thoseclear.png?emoji-eek-1725. I'm not sure how frequently they replace them, but from the couple BTF tours I've been on, I get the impression the mattresses don't hold up well over time.