Australia Travel Visa

YAC

Where's the best place to get an Australia Travel Visa? The internet shows some sites charging $9.95 and up to $39 for a visa. Is the Easy ETA $9.95 visa a legitimate service or we better off using the ones that are higher priced?????:confused: Thanks for your help!

Interesting that the official price is different(much higher) than that the person who asked for info got quoted.

I see the fee as 115 or 130

Better to use the official site to be correct, do not want to arrive and be

turned away.

Where's the best place to get an Australia Travel Visa? The internet shows some sites charging $9.95 and up to $39 for a visa. Is the Easy ETA $9.95 visa a legitimate service or we better off using the ones that are higher priced?????:confused: Thanks for your help!

You don't say where you are coming from - my brothers come over from the UK and South Africa and their TA's do it all for them each time they come - and they have been over a number of times - I recall my brother from the UK saying they paid 30.00 UK pounds each (he came with his wife and daughter and son in law)for their visa's two years ago on their last trip through his TA.

Edited by dizzy1948

You don't say where you are coming from - my brothers come over from the UK and South Africa and their TA's do it all for them each time they come - and they have been over a number of times - I recall my brother from the UK saying they paid 30.00 UK pounds each (he came with his wife and daughter and son in law)for their visa's two years ago on their last trip through his TA.

We're coming from the US. Thanks:cool:

I used easy ETA.

Be sure to double check the info.

I used the same passport number for both my husband and me. Easy ETA was super nice about it. If you make a mistake there is a $2.95 fee to change. I made a mistake on the correction (sheesh):eek: ...and they refunded change fee and fixed it free.

Now easy ETA you get a printed receipt.

If you pay $20 you get an online number and can verify.

I would use easy ETA again. You get visa in 24 hours (it is electronic, they send a confirmation receipt).

They have great customer service.

Edited by Luv2travel4FunNSun

To use the American slang: Your brothers are being "taken for a ride". UK, or other citizens of the Commonwealth pay nothing for an entry visa thru the official Australian website.

Edited by Aloha 1

Thanks for all your help! If it costs A$20 for the official site & Easy ETA, I'll stick to the official Australia site. I didn't go through all of the online submission, but I was leary about Easy ETA because they had the visa listed for $9.95 and the website didn't look very official! :D

To use the American slang: Your brothers are being "taken for a ride". UK, or other citizens of the Commonwealth pay nothing for an entry visa thru the official Australian website.

I reckon they are now - and have mentioned it to them - it's up to them what they do - it was a passing remark on their last trip - I think they are set in their ways ;) Ironically we don't need visa's for South Africa or Europe - and that's on Aussie passports

Edited by dizzy1948

We have travelled twice to Auckland and then taken a cruise to Sydney. We have flown via Qanta and our TA agent arranged for our ETA's. If there is a cost I don't know what it is, so the moral of this is - have your TA get the ETA for you, it is the easiest way.

• 4 weeks later...

Applied online at the official immi website.

Paid AUS$20 each.

I was instructed to recheck 12 hrs later because my info was being further assessed by the Aussie govt.

That has since been accepted.

However, on Hubby's receipt, it states:

"This document is not your authority to enter Australia and cannot be used as such. It is not required at airport checkin nor on arrival in Australia."

???

Neither visa has our names on it...only a reference number.

Anyone else have experience with this?

I hope there won't be a problem getting off the ship, because Hubby is already upset with me for doing this rather than going for the $9.95 special that was previously mentioned on this thread.

I opted to do the immi ETA online in hopes of having everything official.

BTW, we are Americans.

Edited by rumpelstiltskin

You did the right thing by going to the official Australian Immigration website to obtain your visa (ETA).

Since you are U.S. citizens, you obtained an ETA. This is an Electronic Travel Authority and, as such, it is all "electronic" and you do not get anything in your passport or any documentation showing your ETA. Instead, you get a reference number which the airlines, cruise authorities, etc. can access. I don't see any problem with your ETA as you have described it, but you can always check your ETA through the following website:

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/etas.jsp?tub=&submit=check

Applied online at the official immi website.

Paid AUS$20 each.

I was instructed to recheck 12 hrs later because my info was being further assessed by the Aussie govt.

That has since been accepted.

However, on Hubby's receipt, it states:

"This document is not your authority to enter Australia and cannot be used as such. It is not required at airport checkin nor on arrival in Australia."

???

Neither visa has our names on it...only a reference number.

Anyone else have experience with this?

I hope there won't be a problem getting off the ship, because Hubby is already upset with me for doing this rather than going for the $9.95 special that was previously mentioned on this thread.

I opted to do the immi ETA online in hopes of having everything official.

BTW, we are Americans.

That just means that piece of paper (the receipt) can't be used to enter the country. If you got a number you're fine. That number is now attached to your passport electronically so Customs can look it up. There is no need for any papers.

You did it the right way.

I used easy ETA.

Be sure to double check the info.

I used the same passport number for both my husband and me. Easy ETA was super nice about it. If you make a mistake there is a $2.95 fee to change. I made a mistake on the correction (sheesh):eek: ...and they refunded change fee and fixed it free.

Now easy ETA you get a printed receipt.

If you pay $20 you get an online number and can verify.

I would use easy ETA again. You get visa in 24 hours (it is electronic, they send a confirmation receipt).

They have great customer service.

If you used the SAME passport number for both of you, one of you is going to be very upset. The Visa is keyed to your specific passport number and yours only. If you arrive with a passport number different than the one you used for your Visa, you will not be allowed in to the country.

That just means that piece of paper (the receipt) can't be used to enter the country. If you got a number you're fine. That number is now attached to your passport electronically so Customs can look it up. There is no need for any papers.

You did it the right way.

Well, now I can breathe easier.

This is our first experience with visas.

Now that we know the routine, it seems very simple.

And best of all...Hubby is all happy again.:D

Thanks for the help and the link. It was so easy and only $20 per person. When I went on the Aus Embassy site without this link it was NOT easy to navigate and from the chart I clicked on it looked like the visa would cost something like $135 per person. THANK YOU again!

• 4 weeks later...

After reading some of these posts, I became somewhat worried about the ETA I obtained via EasyETA as I travel to Australia in a week, so I went to Australia's official website and applied. It said that I already had an ETA issued. I am now relieved with my choice to save some money by using Easy ETA.

I just used Easy ETA for the second time. We used them several years ago, too. Took me about 3 minutes to do 2 visas, got my receipt and acknowledgement in about 10 seconds, used PayPal which has a buyer protection service. It's all good.

The Aussies really know how to make it easy with their electronic (and inexpensive) travel visa.

I just used Easy ETA for the second time. We used them several years ago, too. Took me about 3 minutes to do 2 visas, got my receipt and acknowledgement in about 10 seconds, used PayPal which has a buyer protection service. It's all good.

The Aussies really know how to make it easy with their electronic (and inexpensive) travel visa.

Do you know why it's legitimate to use Easy ETA & not the official Aussie website for the travel visa???

Do you know why it's legitimate to use Easy ETA & not the official Aussie website for the travel visa???

EasyETA is just a vendor that provides processing for visa applications and sends them on to the Aussie government web site. Perfectly legal, etc. I got my approval email this morning. This is minus my id information:

TYPE OF TRAVEL T TOURIST

ENTRY STATUS UD/601 ETA

AUTHORITY TO ENTER AUSTRALIA UNTIL 16NOV2014

PERIOD OF STAY 03 MTHS

MULTIPLE ENTRY

NO WORK - BUSINESS VISITOR ACTIVITY ONLY

ETA APPROVED