Anyone been on Vikings new ship Ingvi for Rhine Getway?

Tamre

Great photos, Cindy. Thanks, also, for the captions. ;)

Some folks post and fail to caption and it's like, "What the hell am I looking at?"

I will be on the Longship Viking Var in November 2015 but not sure when she was built.

Donna I.

I believe that we were docked next to this ship in Amsterdam. From what I'm told the newest Long Ships are identical. ( I was on Gullveig)

I have a link posted in another thread. Here it is again....Hope it works, I'm still figuring it out.

https://cindyandjohnstravels.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Thanks, Cindy for the pictures! I always prefer traveler's pics instead of the advertising photos, and you have a great documentation of the cruise. Looks fabulous and I can't wait for our own trip on one of the new longships! Thanks especially for the pics of the "aquarium" class cabin, that's what I booked also!

Thanks for the lovely pictures. We are leaving for Amsterdam at the end of the month for our cruise on the Idi so any information is greatly appreciated.

Finally, a mention of the Idi! We are sailing on her at the end of next May. Will certainly look forward to hearing from you after your cruise.

Are you spending some time in Amsterdam before your cruise? I am in the process of researching hotels for our 2 night precruise stay. Lots to look at.

Enjoy your trip. You will have a wonderful time.

And, the pictures from Cindy are wonderful. Thanks for posting them. Great job.

We have also just booked on the Idi, for late August 2015 so I am very interested to hear about other experiences on the longships including Idi. I understand from the Viking rep that all their new long ships are identical. We booked Aquarium class too. For the little time we will spend in our room, that location will be ample.

Finally, a mention of the Idi! We are sailing on her at the end of next May. Will certainly look forward to hearing from you after your cruise.

Are you spending some time in Amsterdam before your cruise? I am in the process of researching hotels for our 2 night precruise stay. Lots to look at.

Enjoy your trip. You will have a wonderful time.

And, the pictures from Cindy are wonderful. Thanks for posting them. Great job.

We decided to do this trip the easy way and booked flights and pre and post cruise with Viking. We are pleased with our flight arrangements - we got our first notification of our flights in Feb. and had one update sometime in March. (Just a small time shift by the airlines). We have not yet received our "cruise document" package, but since we booked this trip through our travel agent they will go to her first and then get sent on to us.

• 1 month later...
We will be leaving Amsterdam on June 27 and would love to have any info on ship Ingvi

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're doing the Rhine Getaway on Ingvi in September, and would also be interested in any information on the new ships.

Thanks

We will be leaving Amsterdam on June 27 and would love to have any info on ship Ingvi

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Tamre, we will be on the Ingvi July 25. Please let us know how your trip goes and any tips you think we should be aware of. Have a great time and happy travels!

Jerry