Low Carb Dieting

jesskuhmarie

I have tried heaps of different 'diets' LCHF is the only one that has worked and that I can keep doing for a long time- woe as a life style. I never feel hungry. It does take a bit of planning. But the food is delicious.

I just made fathead pizza for dinner. Fantastic- ate 1/2, got the other 1/2 for dinner tomorrow. Also crust less quiche for lunch tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hang in there - I am stabilizing since our last cruise - I have been busy preparing for cruising friends to come and stay with us 10 days - we have so much planned - wine tasting - 17 mile drive in Monterey - Carmel by the Sea - Yosemite - Sequoias - family BBQ - my saving grace is that she also eats low carb!

Hang in there - the weight will drop -:D BTW _ I DROPPED 80 POF WITHOUT ANY EXERCISE - I couldn't even walk because I had to have my hip replace - but I am walking now!

Thank you! I stuck through it the last week as you said, and I just dropped another 24.5 pounds! So up to 25.5 pounds now! 80 pounds for you? That is amazing! I was starting to experience hip pain before I started this. I could walk okay, but I was so stiff and it hurt to get up in the morning. Now only the occasional hip pain. And hopefully that will continue to get better.

I'm so glad how easy this is to fit into social gatherings. In the past I always avoided going out when dieting, and now I love it!!!

What is it?

Egg fast is basically eating eggs - around 10 to 12 a day. You need to have 1 tablespoons fat for each egg and up to 100g - 4 oz of cheese. There is heaps of ideas on the internet. You do it for 3 - 5 days. Plus you need to drink heaps of water.

Egg fast is basically eating eggs - around 10 to 12 a day. You need to have 1 tablespoons fat for each egg and up to 100g - 4 oz of cheese. There is heaps of ideas on the internet. You do it for 3 - 5 days. Plus you need to drink heaps of water.

Thanks for the information. It doesn't really sound appealing to me. Is there usually a big weight loss?

Thanks for the information. It doesn't really sound appealing to me. Is there usually a big weight loss?

It's not really appealing... yes it can get you results quickly. It can break a stall or someone's you level back out after. Not something to try if you haven't berm low carb for a couple months solid. There are other things you can tweak first. This is kind of a last resort usually if you're doing everything perfectly and stuck for weeks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's not really appealing... yes it can get you results quickly. It can break a stall or someone's you level back out after. Not something to try if you haven't berm low carb for a couple months solid. There are other things you can tweak first. This is kind of a last resort usually if you're doing everything perfectly and stuck for weeks

Thanks again!

I find a cmbo of Atkins and South Beach work best. You don't have to purchase any special foods and eating out a breeze. Others who I know who have been successful swear by weight watchers

I 'm new to this. what is your combination of atkins and south beach?

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! Today marks my 7th week at this, and I am down 29 pounds. Had a two week stall, and now the scale is moving again.

Hope everyone is doing well! Looking forward to hearing about your successes!!!

Thanks! I'm so impatient, and I want 100 pounds gone NOW! :)

So, I have to keep reminding myself it is a journey.

And I had never heard of Whooshes before this, but I just love that word! And I love when it happens!

How much exercise do you guys/gals do? I think I want to start adding some strength training in at home. I just don't want it to make me hungry. :)

And I had never heard of Whooshes before this, but I just love that word! And I love when it happens!

How much exercise do you guys/gals do? I think I want to start adding some strength training in at home. I just don't want it to make me hungry. :)

I'm activity restriction right now. Only supposed to 've walking and stretching. I do some light weights for my arms and occasionally Zumba. Lifting is a great complement to keto. Once I'm cleared I plan to go back to weight training 3x a week

Due to total hip replacement I was not able to do any exercises for the first 12 months of LCHF - not even walking - I have just started trying to get in 10K steps daily - doctor does not want me doing more than walking and stretching until 1 year mark!

That's great that you're having so much success without exercise!

I definitely need to add in some movement. Not for weight loss sake, but just to strengthen and stretch my body. I got a few strength and stretching DVDS I want to start doing. And I need to add in walking when I can. I'm from NY, but live in LA now, so I've gotten in the habit of diving everywhere. I need to get out of that habit when I can. :)

That's great that you're having so much success without exercise!

I definitely need to add in some movement. Not for weight loss sake, but just to strengthen and stretch my body. I got a few strength and stretching DVDS I want to start doing. And I need to add in walking when I can. I'm from NY, but live in LA now, so I've gotten in the habit of diving everywhere. I need to get out of that habit when I can. :)

Yesterday I only got in 6500 steps but the three days prior were 11,000 steps or more - today going to walk again! Trying to build up my 'quads' since they atrophied so much before my total hip replacement!

Yesterday was over 10K again - have a birthday party for friends 92 year old mother - 1300 today - so I need to get out of my office chair and get moving -

Hostess already warned me she is catering from mexican restaurant so I will take my own pork rinds and LCHF friendly chicken salad!:D

Yay! So glad everyone is out moving!! It's inspiring.

And yum, pork rinds! I just found some by Epic that are salt and pepper flavored. They were expensive for such a small bag, but SO GOOD! They had other flavors too, but those had carbs in them.

A friend of mine made an artichoke, spinach and bacon dip, that we ate with pork rinds. I really need to get that recipe.

Finally broke through my plateau of gaining and losing the same pound for two weeks. I'm now down 32 pounds! Hoping by another 30 by September.

Hope you are all well!!!

Yay! So glad everyone is out moving!! It's inspiring.

And yum, pork rinds! I just found some by Epic that are salt and pepper flavored. They were expensive for such a small bag, but SO GOOD! They had other flavors too, but those had carbs in them.

A friend of mine made an artichoke, spinach and bacon dip, that we ate with pork rinds. I really need to get that recipe.

Finally broke through my plateau of gaining and losing the same pound for two weeks. I'm now down 32 pounds! Hoping by another 30 by September.

Hope you are all well!!!

Congratulations on the POF lost! I have been steady up and down for the last 6 weeks - added daily walking now to my list! Know that will help - I also need to get back to IF (intermittent fasting) a couple days per week - I always go about 18-20 hours without eating and OMD (one meal daily) window of eating about 4 hrs or so... but need to kick in high gear and lost these last 35 POF!

I buy my pork skins from amazon - Lowrey's Bacon Curls in Spicy and Plain - 18 pkgs per box about $18 per box - pop them in the microwave like popcorn - they come out hot and fresh and good for everything!

I use them as chips - crush them up as breading for meats - chicken - instead of bread crumbs - chicken fried steak - meatloaf -

Really takes care of my 'need for chips' :):D

Hi, my doctor diagnosed type 2 diabetes, carbohydrate intolerant. Together with my nutritionist I achieve in a year to lower 33 pounds. Both told me that to be successful are 3 things to meet 1) Medication (Dabex XR), 2) Healthy food and 3) Exercise at least 30 minutes of walking.

For my next Celebrity Eclipse cruise March 18, 2018, I've got the MDR menus. My nutritionist will review them on my next visit and he will tell me that I can eat.

It is important not to abuse food and drinks, to avoid problems with our health.

Congratulations on the POF lost! I have been steady up and down for the last 6 weeks - added daily walking now to my list! Know that will help - I also need to get back to IF (intermittent fasting) a couple days per week - I always go about 18-20 hours without eating and OMD (one meal daily) window of eating about 4 hrs or so... but need to kick in high gear and lost these last 35 POF!

I buy my pork skins from amazon - Lowrey's Bacon Curls in Spicy and Plain - 18 pkgs per box about $18 per box - pop them in the microwave like popcorn - they come out hot and fresh and good for everything!

I use them as chips - crush them up as breading for meats - chicken - instead of bread crumbs - chicken fried steak - meatloaf -

Really takes care of my 'need for chips' :):D

That's fantastic! I've been doing mostly 16/8 IF. Occasionally if I have a big lunch I'll naturally skip dinner, which makes it like a 23/1. I'll have to try to add more of those in.

Thank you so much for the pork rind info! That sounds amazing!!! I will definitely have to order those!!!

Looking forward to hearing about those last 35 pounds melting away. I've got 68 more before my initial goal of 100 pounds lost, and then I will assess if I need to lose any more. I have no idea what my body will look like at my goal weight. According to BMI charts, I should be about 40-60 pounds less than my goal weight, but I'm not sure how feasible it will be.

Hi, my doctor diagnosed type 2 diabetes, carbohydrate intolerant. Together with my nutritionist I achieve in a year to lower 33 pounds. Both told me that to be successful are 3 things to meet 1) Medication (Dabex XR), 2) Healthy food and 3) Exercise at least 30 minutes of walking.

For my next Celebrity Eclipse cruise March 18, 2018, I've got the MDR menus. My nutritionist will review them on my next visit and he will tell me that I can eat.

It is important not to abuse food and drinks, to avoid problems with our health.

Oh please don't do that - Run - don't walk - to the nearest book store or amazon and buy Dr. Fung's book - "The Obesity Code" - it is about 'reversing' Type 2 Diabetes - and it has helped many of us on this forum to lose weight (I have lost 83 POF (pounds of fat) by following a low carb - healthy fat (high fat) LCHF WOE (Way of eating) -

It is not that I was carbohydrate intolerant - I was insulin resistant (same thing) BUT it cannot be lowered or changed by taking more insulin and eating low fat or the way most nutritionists want you to eat -

If you can't get the book - go to face book and/or google Diet Doctor dot com - Dr. Fung is on that site also -

That's fantastic! I've been doing mostly 16/8 IF. Occasionally if I have a big lunch I'll naturally skip dinner, which makes it like a 23/1. I'll have to try to add more of those in.

Thank you so much for the pork rind info! That sounds amazing!!! I will definitely have to order those!!!

Looking forward to hearing about those last 35 pounds melting away. I've got 68 more before my initial goal of 100 pounds lost, and then I will assess if I need to lose any more. I have no idea what my body will look like at my goal weight. According to BMI charts, I should be about 40-60 pounds less than my goal weight, but I'm not sure how feasible it will be.

If you are eating LCHF you will lose more inches and not as much weight - I am wearing clothes that were tight at 20 pounds less from 12 years ago -

My goal weight should be 135 but my own doctor doesn't want me under 145 - ! :)