Poor Reviews?

HanaleiSailor

Well Baggiewrinkle, as was said in "Casablanca", they will always have McDonalds....or was it Wendys'?, maybe Dairy Queen....At 81 it kind of all runs together but thankfully along the way I found patience and tolerance for others unless, of course, they are competitive complainers/whiners....Then it is all bets are off!:cool::D

AWED - Astute observation! Yup, I'm still in my mid-60's so I'm the "fuzzy face". Best Regards to you and Bill :D

I hope to cruise with both of you in the future. Of course you both are aware that in the REAL Navy, the TIN CAN Navy, we did not have icecream machines and guaranteed hot showers ?....Anchors aweigh my men....Rob

Rob, Things can be bad on carriers too. On my first cruise on the Essex, just having been commissioned as an Ensign, we were returning from the Med to Mayport. We ran into a storm which resulted in a stove in bow and negative progress over land for 36 hours. Not fun.:eek:

Bill

It was with much reluctance that we booked the Navigator in Aug.2013 for our 3rd cruise to Alaska. There had been so many negative reviews concerning the ship...you name it: service, food, rough water handling, vibration,etc. We have been on the Mariner and Voyager and were anxious to cruise on the Navigator. I am so delighted we made the choice to "hang in there" and give it a go. I daresay this was one of the most enjoyable sailings we have had the pleasure to be a part of. Honestly, I can not think of one negative remark concerning this cruise. I'm of the opinion that a cruise is what you make it. We made some delightful friends and still keep in touch via email from NYC, NC, Ukraine to Australia. The food was every bit beyond excellent, the crew knew our name from day 2 and went out of their way to please. Our young Captain was very friendly and made as few interruptions over the PA system as a courtesy to the passengers.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is we have booked a cruise in Mar 2014 on the Navigator which should be proof positive of our love for this ship. Just hope some of our crew buddies haven't changed ships:(

Patty

You pretty much summed up the Navigator (from our perspective). Nothing can be done about the ship but the Regent Experience is still there. That is what we want -- we can live with the ship.