Sapphire Beach still offering amenities? Problems?

Balconyaft

We were just at Sapphire 2/11/14. That is one incredible beach. We got off the cruise ship and hopped on an open air taxi. They kind of tried talking us into going to Coki bit we heald our ground and insisted on going to Sapphire. I am so glad we did. Just incredible. The view was stunning and the beach wasn't crowded at all. I'll definitely return.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

if I took the bus, can I still go in the same way - walking down the hill through the dive shop entrance - that's how I did it last year when they were still open

Our cab driver took us down the hill and pulled into the parking lot behind the beach resort (buildings with the red roofs). We just followed a path that went between two of them and walked right on the beach. Hope that helps.

Our cab driver took us down the hill and pulled into the parking lot behind the beach resort (buildings with the red roofs). We just followed a path that went between two of them and walked right on the beach. Hope that helps.

Was that before the owner taped off the lobby parking area or after?

The red-roofed bldgs are the Sapphire Beach Resort & Marina, excellent spot to rent a condo, and even more so now :)

Are you saying that there isn't any access to go to sapphire Beach now? Don't want to go all that way and not be able to get to the beach. We have a friend with a bad back so can't walk a long way.

Are you saying that there isn't any access to go to sapphire Beach now? Don't want to go all that way and not be able to get to the beach. We have a friend with a bad back so can't walk a long way.

There is and will always be access to the beach. You just cannot walk through the old lobby now.

The walk may be as long as 100 yards now from the parking lot to the beach or less.......

• 2 weeks later...
if I took the bus, can I still go in the same way - walking down the hill through the dive shop entrance - that's how I did it last year when they were still open

updated report went there mar.10, 2014 - I took the $2 bus, walked down the same hill towards the parking lot, instead of entering via the dive shop, we walked through an outdoor walk way by the condos- that indicated beach access. you can get food via the runners, or via the truck back on top of the hill. to get back to dock- wait for the $2 bus or bargain with the taxis- we managed to bargain for an open-air taxi for $45 for 11 adults back to dock-instead of the $8pp standard rate - but he can only drop you off near the shops - and you need to pay him discreetly so he does not get caught by the taxi captain.

Also visited Sapphire on March 7th. Took the $2 bus from near the K-mart. Asked driver for Sapphire and he stopped and showed us where to walk. It is down a long hill and takes about 5 minutes to get to the beach. My husband was worried as we passed the gatehouse for the condos but they did not question us.

There are no bathrooms.

There are no chairs for rent.

No snorkel rental.

Food is available.

Beach is lovely and the snorkeling is good over to the right hand side.

It is a very steep hill to walk back up to the road. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. DH didn't as he goes to the gym often. To take the $2 bus back to the ship you get it from the same spot you got off as it is a circle route. Pay the driver when you exit.

We would have stayed longer if there had been restrooms. :(

However, on the upside, it made for our cheapest port day ever.

Also visited Sapphire on March 7th. Took the $2 bus from near the K-mart. Asked driver for Sapphire and he stopped and showed us where to walk. It is down a long hill and takes about 5 minutes to get to the beach. My husband was worried as we passed the gatehouse for the condos but they did not question us.

There are no bathrooms.

There are no chairs for rent.

No snorkel rental.

Food is available.

Beach is lovely and the snorkeling is good over to the right hand side.

It is a very steep hill to walk back up to the road. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. DH didn't as he goes to the gym often. To take the $2 bus back to the ship you get it from the same spot you got off as it is a circle route. Pay the driver when you exit.

We would have stayed longer if there had been restrooms.

However, on the upside, it made for our cheapest port day ever.

Yes Sapphire is a gorgeous beach to relax on or snorkel from and is even quieter now that the public restrooms and chair rentals are not available. Along with the reef there is also a seagrass area to the left where you can often spot rays and sea turtles.

The hill is steep going up and it's a bit of a walk on a very hot day, but most people shouldn't have a problem. But it is worth noting.

Food and drink are available at the Banana Cabana between condo buildings B and C, and a runner takes orders on the beach for the BC and for the Sapphire Village Restaurant behind the marina. And the Off The Grid food truck at the entrance has a great BBQ.

You will see chairs being rented to folks renting condos but I believe these are restricted to the condo guests.

And in a pinch there is a rather large restroom just off the beach

:D:eek::D:p:eek::p

Thanks for the updates!