Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

Any word of the Panama Canal transit itinerary?

No sorry...phoning from Australia I try not to spend too long on the phone but it took some time to get confirmation of the itinerary which I posted on the other board going.. It might help if we can combine them or just use one

Maybe I might start one on the legend board

I didn't think of that leg as I would only be doing the 2nd part ... It's about time they settled it all but pricing now would be good

Dianne

...I didn't think of that leg as I would only be doing the 2nd part...Maybe I might start one on the legend board...

I guess you can't do one part without the other so hopefully both parts (or three) are posted soon? There already is a Panama Canal Transit Roll Call thread; can you guess who started that one? :rolleyes:

Here's the itinerary for the imagination Canal transit in January!

• Miami, FL

• Fun Day at Sea

• Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

• Montego Bay, Jamaica

• Fun Day at Sea

• Cartagena, Colombia

• Panama Canal Transit

• Fun Day at Sea

• Puntarenas, Costa Rica

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

• Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA

Of course this is a 16 day cruise instead of 13. My vote would be to drop Grand Cayman, Puerto Vallarta & a day at sea!!

Here's the itinerary for the imagination Canal transit in January!

• Miami, FL

• Fun Day at Sea

• Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

• Montego Bay, Jamaica

• Fun Day at Sea

• Cartagena, Colombia

• Panama Canal Transit

• Fun Day at Sea

• Puntarenas, Costa Rica

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

• Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

• Fun Day at Sea

• Fun Day at Sea

• Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA

Of course this is a 16 day cruise instead of 13. My vote would be to drop Grand Cayman, Puerto Vallarta & a day at sea!!

I say skip Miami!!!! :D Just kidding, I know we start in Tampa.

I suspect that they may elect to skip Jamaica and Columbia, and increase the knots on certain sea days in getting to some ports faster thereby closing the gap from a 16 day (Imagination transit) to 13. I like Imagination's 16 day itinerary better, however I can use the "spare" 3-days in the LA area at the end.

Edited by ShotoJuku

I say skip Miami!!!! :D Just kidding, I know we start in Tampa.

I suspect that they may elect to skip Jamaica and Columbia, and increase the knots on certain sea days in getting to some ports faster thereby closing the gap from a 16 day (Imagination transit) to 13. I like Imagination's 16 day itinerary better, however I can use the "spare" 3-days in the LA area at the end.

Bad idea! They can skip Jamaica and Grand Caymans, but Cartegena is on my list of places I want to visit. John

I did Cartagena on a Canal transit a couple yrs ago and loved it.

Don't have my map in front of me. Is Tampa on the Gulf Coast? If so, I would imagine that Jamaica and Grand Cayman wouldn't be part of the itinerary. And then one of the sea days could be cut.

Karen

Don't have my map in front of me. Is Tampa on the Gulf Coast? If so, I would imagine that Jamaica and Grand Cayman wouldn't be part of the itinerary. And then one of the sea days could be cut.

Karen

Yes. Tampa is on the Gulf but Grand Cayman is a logical port insofar as it navigates more towards the direction on the canal.

Karen

Hi Karen! This cruise looks great! Anyone else around from the Splendor?

Peggy (&Jim):D

Bad idea! They can skip Jamaica and Grand Caymans, but Cartegena is on my list of places I want to visit. John

Hi John, You mean there is one place you haven't been?? Hope you guys are doing good! We'll be in Cartegena for the 2nd time this fall. We're doing a t/a from Copenhagen to Miami then Boston to San Diego (through the Panama C.

Hope to see you on the Legend next year!

Peggy (&Jim)

Nikki,

I did a B2B2B on the Spirit repo and it was 35 days. That was a bit long for me, but 23 (22) should be about right.

But you definitely have to like sea days, because there is going to be lots of them.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, Are you with us? I am lovin this cruise more and more!

Hi Peggy,

A couple people from the Splendor have shown some interest. I hope we get a lot more.

As of right now, I'm looking to do both the Panama Canal transit and the transpacific. My sister may join me for the Canal transit, but I'll be solo for the cruise to Oz. That will be my 50th milestone, so I'll have a ton of OBC. I think I hear some slot machines calling :p.

Hope to see you again.

Karen

I hope they announce the cruises before my Baltic cruise on the Legend. I leave 7/25 and would like to have this settled before then. I think I'll probably be traveling solo this time, but my sister may join me for the Panama Canal transit. Too much to try to coordinate while cruising in Europe.

Caryn, when we last talked - on the Splendor - you were job hunting. Any luck - esp finding an employer who understands your need to go off on long cruises :rolleyes:?

Karen

Well they finally announced the cruise and we are booked!

I have 2 jobs, a seasonal full time position with a local non-profit, I really like it,and since it is seasonal, I'll be able to go on next cruise and a p/t cashier/clerk at a national drug store chain, so 'll work it out with them. You gotta do what you gotta do ;).

Well they finally announced the cruise and we are booked!

I have 2 jobs, a seasonal full time position with a local non-profit, I really like it,and since it is seasonal, I'll be able to go on next cruise and a p/t cashier/clerk at a national drug store chain, so 'll work it out with them. You gotta do what you gotta do ;).

Are you referring to the Panama Canal on the Legend? I don't see it.

23 Day Tahiti and Fiji Islands from Los Angeles, CA

Departs from: Los Angeles, CA

Aboard the: Carnival Legend

Ports of Call: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Crossing The Equator

Papeete (Tahiti),

Polynesia

Moorea, French Polynesia

Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Cross International Dateline

Suva, Fiji Islands

Noumea, New Caledonia

Sydney, Australia

Who has booked?????:eek:

Peggy

Edited by Honeymooners in December

Agreed, John. A Cartegena visit would mean we've set foot on all continents excepting Antarctica. Hope it doesn't get cut.

Mal

I worked in Venezuela for 8 weeks and took the Splendor around South America, but have not been to Columbia. Well, the schedule does show a stop, though a short one. John

Hi Peggy! A big HUG from SASA! :) Hope you and Jim are doing well!

OHHHHHH.....check out my planning site for our next trip. Since you lived in Norway, you can give me some pointers. -->> Click here <<--

Email me, my email addy is on the bottom of each page. John

Hi Peggy,

A couple people from the Splendor have shown some interest. I hope we get a lot more.

As of right now, I'm looking to do both the Panama Canal transit and the transpacific. My sister may join me for the Canal transit, but I'll be solo for the cruise to Oz. That will be my 50th milestone, so I'll have a ton of OBC. I think I hear some slot machines calling :p.

Hope to see you again.

Karen

Hi Karen, We were looking forward to taking the Splendor from Tampa to Sydney when it was first announced, but our lives have changed big time since then. My 96 year old Mother has come to live with us. So, we are hoping we could have her stay with family for a few weeks, making the Panama Canal trip a possibility. Just don't know about anything longer.

Gratz on the milestone and good luck on the slots! :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying cruising! John

I know the TP is listed under Tahiti-Fiji...saw it this morning, even though many of us booked yesterday. Your PVP is not correct. Both cruises can be booked.

Dennis also posted that the Panama Canal trip is listed on the website.

And there are already Roll Calls for both legs.

Edited by crzndeb

Are you referring to the Panama Canal on the Legend? I don't see it.

ALL THE INFO is now on http://www.carnival.com. We booked Tampa to Long Beach yesterday afternoon before actually posted - our PVP was aware & walked us through info. We're happy! Prices high now but we believe they will come down during sales, etc.

We have booked the Panama Canal leg. Only 4 ports, but 2 that we haven't visited and of course the Canal is on our bucket list.

Hopefully we will be able to book the rest of the journey to OZ, but won't know for a long while. John