Do you guys have any cruise traditions?

tarajean1962

We always fly in at least a day before the cruise.

We always purchase our Welcome Aboard photo-even if it's awful!:D

We always go to the Schooner Bar for a drink right after boarding.

We always play 'win a cruise' BINGO- mind you, we have never won it, but we are always hopeful.

Tara

P.S. I'm sure I can think of some more!

We always play 'win a cruise' BINGO- mind you, we have never won it, but we are always hopeful.

Tara

We always take in Karoake....there is NEVER enough Karoake for us....we always want more. It amazes me how much talent arrives on board, labeled 'cruisers'. They make the cruise a little extra fun....and my DH is one of those Karoake stars!

Edited by Paulette3028

Just before we walk up the gangway we step aside hold hands and declare " "we are leaving all our troubles and worries here on the dock. They are not going on this ship with us if we miss them we can pick them up when we come back." come to think of it might not work so well on a T/A, however I've never been on one.

Tara

We always get a drink and Toast our friends and family and smirk because they are not with us.

We always take in Karoake....there is NEVER enough Karoake for us....we always want more. It amazes me how much talent arrives on board, labeled 'cruisers'. They make the cruise a little extra fun....and my DH is one of those Karoake stars!

I always sing Karaoke!:D...........unfortunately, I am not very good!

We always fly in a day before

We head straight up to the Windjammer

We always get on the ship early so we can take pictures and explore before the crowds come

We go to the dining room to see where our table will be located.

By then its time to go to our cabin and we can unpack our luggage and read the first night's activities.

Tulsa Tom....LOVE your tradition!!!.... We are using it on our FIRST CRUISE in Feb ......

" Just before we walk up the gangway we step aside hold hands and declare ..."we are leaving all our troubles and worries here on the dock. They are not going on this ship with us if we miss them we can pick them up when we come back."

:)

I always make my husband stand in the hall while I take photos of the room. Then I thoroughly disenfect everything I can in the room, especially the phone, door knobs, countertops, toilet and shower. Lastly, I spray the carpet so I can walk bare footed.

After things are put away, vacation begins and I focus on rest and relaxation. :)

As soon as we can get into our cabin, we drop our carry-ons, I grab DH's hands and bounce around like a kangaroo doing my happy dance while singing "We're going on a cruise, we're going on a cruise." DH just smiles, rolls his eyes :rolleyes: and holds my hands tightly so I don't hurt myself. It never gets old. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)