Is the fish, meat and poultry really frozen?

tripkat

I just read a review for the Constellation and the reviewer said that they learned from a kitchen tour that meat, fish, and poultry are brought on frozen and kept for up to 4 months before being thawed and cooked. Could this be true? I don't expect a premier line to use frozen food products but am I just being naive?

I do not believe what you were told on the tour.

I am fairly certain they have a lower deck filled largely with chicken coups. I once made the mistake of entering a crew-only door when I was heading for a lower deck and saw the chicken feathers blowing in the air.

I have also heard very late at night what I believe is moo-ing coming from somewhere deep in the hold, so they almost certainly have cattle aboard.

I don't know about the fish, but it would be easy enough to lay nets behind the ship, also probably late at night.

meats thaw for three days, from frozen to ready to cook. fish is kept live, below the glass doors of the hull.:D

Fruits and veggies are fresh and if they run out they are brought aboard every port, they visit. so when you waste food it gets cooked and tossed to the sea, while other stuff saved till its ready to leave the ship.

take the kitchen tour, its very interesting,

Doesn't the slugs that they call escargot come from the lawn?

🎅🎄

The snails used for escargot are raised free-range on a ranch in the Midwest. A couple of times a year the fully-grown ones are rounded up and herded to market. This takes a looooooooooooooong time. Or course, there's always the dangers of snail rustling or, if spooked by a whiff of garlic, a snail stampede. Not a pretty sight. They can run as far as a hundred feet in a week, leaving slime trails everywhere. Terrible slip hazard.

Art

the snails used for escargot are raised free-range on a ranch in the midwest. A couple of times a year the fully-grown ones are rounded up and herded to market. This takes a looooooooooooooong time. Or course, there's always the dangers of snail rustling or, if spooked by a whiff of garlic, a snail stampede. Not a pretty sight. They can run as far as a hundred feet in a week, leaving slime trails everywhere. Terrible slip hazard.

Art

lmao, :d

I do not believe what you were told on the tour.

I am fairly certain they have a lower deck filled largely with chicken coups. I once made the mistake of entering a crew-only door when I was heading for a lower deck and saw the chicken feathers blowing in the air.

I have also heard very late at night what I believe is moo-ing coming from somewhere deep in the hold, so they almost certainly have cattle aboard.

I don't know about the fish, but it would be easy enough to lay nets behind the ship, also probably late at night.

I thought this was too funny, and then I read this:

The snails used for escargot are raised free-range on a ranch in the Midwest. A couple of times a year the fully-grown ones are rounded up and herded to market. This takes a looooooooooooooong time. Or course, there's always the dangers of snail rustling or, if spooked by a whiff of garlic, a snail stampede. Not a pretty sight. They can run as far as a hundred feet in a week, leaving slime trails everywhere. Terrible slip hazard.

Art

There are some very creative people on this forum! :D :D :D

I just read a review for the Constellation and the reviewer said that they learned from a kitchen tour that meat, fish, and poultry are brought on frozen and kept for up to 4 months before being thawed and cooked. Could this be true? I don't expect a premier line to use frozen food products but am I just being naive?

Yup, just like at the grocery at home, no other way.