Is Carnival Gay Friendly

I can't believe that someone, out of the clear blue, would just go ahead and do this. What occurred before that happened and afterward? What's the whole story? It seems to be unfair to just capture that one statement and "condemn" a line without detailing all the circumstances around the issue.:eek:

Perhaps the person was affectionate with his partner? Either way, that drunken slob had NO right to do what he did!

Perhaps the person was affectionate with his partner? Either way, that drunken slob had NO right to do what he did!

Honestly, I don't agree with what the drunkard did, it was reprehensible, but I'm trying to get an overall impression of the events which transpired. Did Carnival get involved, etc.?

Honestly, I don't agree with what the drunkard did, it was reprehensible, but I'm trying to get an overall impression of the events which transpired. Did Carnival get involved, etc.?

Not enough info. has come online about this event. Knowing Carnival(or any line,for that matter)The drunken slob would have been put off at the next port & a lawsuit could easily be filed by the victim. If it had happened to me..I guess I'd be up on manslaughter, as that jerk would have been thrown over the side!

I have done most of my most recent cruises on Carnival, and I must say that I do not think there is any antipathy toward the GLBT cruiser. It is silly to think so. Besides, Carnival owns Princess, HAL, and several other cruise lines, so to imply any corporate attitude is nonsense.

To put yourself in a Carnival CSR in their corporate offices dealing with complaints from individuals... how are they supposed to know what happened? I can't imagine how many individual spats happen on a cruise... and while someone may think a slight was because we are gay, unless there is a direct, specific, and explained confrontation, how could they know?

I am confident the individuals involved were correct in their assumption... but virtually impossible for Carnival, or any cruise line to know. But it is wrong to make broad assumptions about corporate policy when it is no doubt only an individual problem.

I organize group cruises on Carnival and quite often I have spoken to the Cruise Director to request some change or arrangement for the GLBT/FOD Mixer, and our requests have always been honored.

Carnival may not be the best cruise line, but it may be the best value. But I know there many of our breathern who look down on Carnival, and come aboard with an attitude... and if you come aboard with an attitude, it shows. If you want to have a good cruise, you will have a good cruise.

I have been met with nothing but welcome and respect on all cruise lines... including Carnival. I've only had one experience with a neighboring table glaring at our group in the MDR. I had occassion to bring the Maitre 'd over to the table to meet us, and it was clear in our area that we were welcomed, friendly, and cordial. The glares ceased.

I have done most of my most recent cruises on Carnival, and I must say that I do not think there is any antipathy toward the GLBT cruiser. It is silly to think so. Besides, Carnival owns Princess, HAL, and several other cruise lines, so to imply any corporate attitude is nonsense.

To put yourself in a Carnival CSR in their corporate offices dealing with complaints from individuals... how are they supposed to know what happened? I can't imagine how many individual spats happen on a cruise... and while someone may think a slight was because we are gay, unless there is a direct, specific, and explained confrontation, how could they know?

I am confident the individuals involved were correct in their assumption... but virtually impossible for Carnival, or any cruise line to know. But it is wrong to make broad assumptions about corporate policy when it is no doubt only an individual problem.

I organize group cruises on Carnival and quite often I have spoken to the Cruise Director to request some change or arrangement for the GLBT/FOD Mixer, and our requests have always been honored.

Carnival may not be the best cruise line, but it may be the best value. But I know there many of our breathern who look down on Carnival, and come aboard with an attitude... and if you come aboard with an attitude, it shows. If you want to have a good cruise, you will have a good cruise.

I have been met with nothing but welcome and respect on all cruise lines... including Carnival. I've only had one experience with a neighboring table glaring at our group in the MDR. I had occassion to bring the Maitre 'd over to the table to meet us, and it was clear in our area that we were welcomed, friendly, and cordial. The glares ceased.

Wonderful post Kenito! I've seen some whiney queens have a drink thrown at them by their own friends at a gay bar. Sometimes it's the only way to shut them up.;)

Wonderful post Kenito! I've seen some whiney queens have a drink thrown at them by their own friends at a gay bar. Sometimes it's the only way to shut them up.;)

Oh my gosh! :eek: You gave us a hearty Sunday morning laugh! :D

Thanks and good sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I were on the Carnival Liberty in May and had a wonderful time! We felt very welcomed and had many converstions with the CD and other staff. FOD meetings were scheduled almost every day if not every day. This I do have to say was the most disappointing part of the experience. There was a carnival staff prsent but spent the entire time "chatting up" two young 20 somethings (noticed them later in the cruise with same staffer being taken to prime seats for one of the more popular shows). We participated in many of the events on board and even walked away with a couple of those highly coveted solid gold (plastic) shiiiiiiips on a stick! We never noticed any signs of homophobia. We are not the type to show any PDA (including on an RSVP Cruise in 2007), we ended up feeling very comfortable. We enjoyed the RSVP experience but are very glad to know that we can go on a "mainstream" cruise and will be on another Carnival cruise in February.

My only experience with Carnival was business related so I have no idea what to expect. All the other ships I have been on have certainly not felt homophobic and I have had a great time. Only 1 held an FOD party' date=' but for the most part I have always felt part of the cruise. I would be interested to hear what people's experiences on Carnival have been.

Joey821

PSM821@aol.com

MS Scandanavia 1983

Carnival Victory 2000

Nordic Empress 2000

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Explorer of the Seas 2002

Millennium 2003

Norwegian Star 2004

Carnival Miracle 2004

• 4 months later...
My partner and I are sailing on the Conquest this Sunday. This will be our first cruise. Do they post the FOD gatherings in a newsletter or something? Please explain how this all works! :cool: Thanks for the info!

Carnival is very gay friendly. They post the LGBT daily in their newsletter. I don't now the deck plans for the Conquest, but on the Carnival ships I've been on it has been in the bar aft deck 6 or the Loby bar deck 3. The time very, so check the newsletter when you get to your cabin for the first night. Be prepaired, each cruise is diffrent and there may be people there or not. Some cruises just don't want to go. Have fun.

Joe

Edited by CrusingJoe

We were just on a carnival nude cruise. They seem to have no problem with LGBT at all. However, they designated the FOD at a terrible spot in a tiny bar in a main hall on the way to the dining hall. Not nearly enough room for us.

Hawaii 2010

BOFI 2011

FF2 2011

BNB cabin 9210

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were just on a carnival nude cruise. They seem to have no problem with LGBT at all. However, they designated the FOD at a terrible spot in a tiny bar in a main hall on the way to the dining hall. Not nearly enough room for us.

Hawaii 2010

BOFI 2011

FF2 2011

BNB cabin 9210

How did I miss this cruise. When was the sailing date and intenerary? If there was so many of us, you shouls ofaskthe CD to change locations or you could of just changed it yourself and informed everyone at the first gathering. We hav had to do this a few time on Princess.

Edited by CrusingJoe

This was a Bare Necessities cruise. It was feb 9th thru 17th. We went to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Next time we WILL change the venue ourselves, believe me.

Hawaii 2010

BOFI 2011

FF2 2011

BNB cabin 9210

This was a Bare Necessities cruise. It was feb 9th thru 17th. We went to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Next time we WILL change the venue ourselves, believe me.

Hawaii 2010

BOFI 2011

FF2 2011

BNB cabin 9210

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Partner and I went on the Legend for the July 4th holiday in 2012. This was our first cruise. We had a great time!, There was FOD gatherings listed in the newsletter thingy that took place in the piano bar but no one showed up, (at least at the time we were there).

We were looking forward to the dinner seating as a way of meeting other cruisers (not necessarily gay) We ended up at a table of 8. I think they sit all same sex couples at the same tables because we had 3 other same sex couples at our table. One was a lesbian couple, one was a mother-daughter pair and the last was suppose to be a couple friends (ladies) but one cancelled at the last minute so there was an empty seat at our table. Had a great time with everyone.

We always presented ourselves as a couple where ever we went and had no problems ever. (maybe it had something to do with me being 6'2" and 300 lbs.;))

• 3 weeks later...
Partner and I went on the Legend for the July 4th holiday in 2012. This was our first cruise. We had a great time!, There was FOD gatherings listed in the newsletter thingy that took place in the piano bar but no one showed up, (at least at the time we were there).

We were looking forward to the dinner seating as a way of meeting other cruisers (not necessarily gay) We ended up at a table of 8. I think they sit all same sex couples at the same tables because we had 3 other same sex couples at our table. One was a lesbian couple, one was a mother-daughter pair and the last was suppose to be a couple friends (ladies) but one cancelled at the last minute so there was an empty seat at our table. Had a great time with everyone.

We always presented ourselves as a couple where ever we went and had no problems ever. (maybe it had something to do with me being 6'2" and 300 lbs.;))

LOL!!! I"m with you glassman352! I'm 6'7" and 250 and although I don't have a chip on my shoulder, won't hesitate to lock eyes with someone who looks "down" on me and my better half...and they will look away. Ha!:rolleyes:

My partner and I have sailed with Carnival 8 times. We have NEVER had a problem with staff or fellow passengers for being gay. We have been together for 30 years this coming October! We do not flaunt our “gayness”, but it is obvious we are together as a couple. Both the staff and fellow passengers have always been nice to us. Of course, you always have those drunks and snobs, but you just deal with them as they should be dealt with…you give back what you get. HA!

• 3 months later...

Pacific islands departing sydney...

My girlfriend and I are off next month on carnival spirit existing sydney, just wondering if any of the "family" has been on this ship and if they have had any problems? Also, do they have these FOD meetings you all are on about? Ps. Never heard of FOD before.... We just have LGBTI.... Actually I think it has a Q now too. LGBTIQ

Pacific islands departing sydney...

My girlfriend and I are off next month on carnival spirit existing sydney, just wondering if any of the "family" has been on this ship and if they have had any problems? Also, do they have these FOD meetings you all are on about? Ps. Never heard of FOD before....

The Spirit is a good ship. We have had small gay groups sail on her when she was ported in San Diego, and consistently had a good time. I suspect that Stuart Dunn is still the Cruise Director, and he always had the FOD mixers, usually daily. If for some reason it wasn't at a time or location we liked, we mentioned it to him and he always accommodated our request.

The FOD mixers were generally more supported by gay men, but I have always seen lesbian couples aboard... they just don't come to the mixers in great numbers it seems.

Enjoy your cruise.

My partner and I have sailed with Carnival 8 times. We have NEVER had a problem with staff or fellow passengers for being gay. We have been together for 30 years this coming October! We do not flaunt our “gayness”, but it is obvious we are together as a couple. Both the staff and fellow passengers have always been nice to us. Of course, you always have those drunks and snobs, but you just deal with them as they should be dealt with…you give back what you get. HA!

All cruiselines are gay friendly. The PAX may not be, however. We've found that short booze cruises (less than 5 days)on Carnival/NCL/RCCL. These may have less than supportive people, as they are really cheap fares & if you're not worldly, well...These cruises tend to get a lot of Bible Thumpers. Yes, I know they're NOT ALL like that, but enough are.

My first Cruise Director was a bit questionable, but my husband and I have never had a problem on Carnival. In fact, somehow or another have always ended up with gay cabin stewards. Have had no problems with our dinner companions at any point. We'll stay with Carnival. We've never had a problem, and we like the line. Plus, since it isn't quite as expensive, we can do 2 cruises a year.

Furry

Totally agree! We felt very welcomed on Carnival and at their prices we can get a NICE balcony and cruise more often! Like someone else said, as long as your not making out on the Lido Deck you should be fine. Save that for your private balcony. :D

Originally Posted by FurryCruiser View Post

My first Cruise Director was a bit questionable, but my husband and I have never had a problem on Carnival. In fact, somehow or another have always ended up with gay cabin stewards. Have had no problems with our dinner companions at any point. We'll stay with Carnival. We've never had a problem, and we like the line. Plus, since it isn't quite as expensive, we can do 2 cruises a year.

Furry

And how did you know that?;)

Thank you everyone for reassuring us that everything will be ok. We travel a great deal and over the years we have been to china, the Middle East and Africa and before every trip we change or hair and take cloths that aren't our usual stuff to not draw attention. Dont get me wrong I'm not complaining, I understand that things take time to change. But it will be really nice to be able to travel and be able to wear our own cloths.... I can't wait. Thanks.

I was on the Spirit in 2005 out of Alaska. My first cruise and possibly my favorite ship, or at least a ship with one of my favorite deck plans. I really enjoyed the Atlantic Deck, 3, aft. It has a rear deck that all passangers can access and is a great place to stand, especially at night, and listen to the wake. I also enjoyed the Interior Jungle Promenade on that same deck. Enjoy your cruise!!

I am going to be on the Carnival Glory August 19th 2013 out of New York to Canada, I am hoping other Gay men are going but no one responds to my post on the forum boards on the Carnival website. I hope I am not the only gay guy on this cruise. :mad: