What is your favorite food in MDR on Carnival?

vladdyfan

Could someone PLEASE try to describe what escargo taste like? Thought of trying it, have eaten all kinds of shrimp, lobster, crabbs, and fish, but not a fan of oysters!! Is it like all slimmy??? or more of a meaty kind of thing??? Soooo want to try them, but kinda scared to!!! lol

For breakfast I love the corned beef hash with grits and scrambled eggs. Delish! For dinner, smoked duck appetizer, spicy alligator fritters, Chateaubriand (best MDR dish to me!), prime rib, bitter and blanc, creme brulee, Grand Marnier souffle.

Could someone PLEASE try to describe what escargo taste like? Thought of trying it, have eaten all kinds of shrimp, lobster, crabbs, and fish, but not a fan of oysters!! Is it like all slimmy??? or more of a meaty kind of thing??? Soooo want to try them, but kinda scared to!!! lol

Escargots are not slimmy. They usually are chewy and the taste will be whatever sauce--usually a garlic butter sauce--in which they are cooked.

To me, oysters on the half shell are slimmy. Escargots are not like that at all. I don't care for oysters on the half shell, either, but I love fried oysters!

St. Louis ribs, Chateaubriand, lobster tail, rubens (at the grill), tiramisu, creme brulee, Black Forest cake. It's all good.

18 Carnival cruises, 125 sea days since 2007. More to come.

Would someone please tell me what Bitter and Blanc is?

It's a vanilla and chocolate bread pudding with an amazing sweet sauce poured over the top. I hate break pudding but tried this once and now I am hooked! Right up there with the WCMC.

I love all the hot soups, escargot, filet, ribs....the list goes on and on!! 28 more day until I get to do it again!

Deb, thank you so much for responding. I love bread pudding so this should be on the top of my list. :)

It's a vanilla and chocolate bread pudding with an amazing sweet sauce poured over the top. I hate break pudding but tried this once and now I am hooked! Right up there with the WCMC.

I love all the hot soups, escargot, filet, ribs....the list goes on and on!! 28 more day until I get to do it again!

I remember a lasagna bolognese in the MDR. I couldn't decided between that and something else. But since you could get the lasagna as a starter, I decided to try it out and then order my other choice for dinner. Should have totally ordered the lasagna for dinner (and maybe two) ;) It was so good.

And you can't go wrong with warm chocolate melting cake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

MDR

Pecan pie in (best dessert)

Braised Brisket in

Greek spinach and cheese parcels in

Escargot

stuffed mushrooms

Pot stickers (best starter)

Filet Mignon Carnival

Lido

The proscuittio/ 4 cheese pizza from pizza pirate

Corned beef sandwich from the deli

Any of the Carvery meats

Chips and cheese sauce from the grill

All of the breakfast stuff apart from the scrambled eggs and bacon.

• 1 year later...

My faves were Chateaubriand hands down best bite of my cruise Chili relleno great flavor escargot something new and of course the wmc which may have something added to make it sooooo good and addictive

Tayoko

Only one cruise so far but i think i caught the cruising bug 😊

• 5 months later...