motorcycle cruise

SKYBAR STIRRER

Hi all ...

New to the boards and thought Id say hello.

Hubby and are oing on the 4/2014 motorcycle cruise and cant wait. This will be our first cruise of this type. Looking forward to it.

Originally from Long Island but now a North Eastern Pa resident. Not sure yet if we will riding up overnight or just head out early in thr morning. Was wondering if anyone knew what time we have to be at the ship in the morning??

Hi all ...

New to the boards and thought Id say hello.

Hubby and are oing on the 4/2014 motorcycle cruise and cant wait. This will be our first cruise of this type. Looking forward to it.

Originally from Long Island but now a North Eastern Pa resident. Not sure yet if we will riding up overnight or just head out early in thr morning. Was wondering if anyone knew what time we have to be at the ship in the morning??

We've done 2 on the Explorer and bikes and riders are to be at the pier between 1000 and 1030. Passengers go to the terminal because they are not supposed to be in the secure area where the bikes gather.

We've done 2 on the Explorer and bikes and riders are to be at the pier between 1000 and 1030. Passengers go to the terminal because they are not supposed to be in the secure area where the bikes gather.

Thank you - that helps a great deal! Think we will overnight it to save ourselves of a 5am alarm clock!!

Is anyone spending the night prior to the cruise at the Marriott Newark Airport? I think I'll ride down the day before and spend the night there. My gf will be flying in on the 18th and will meet me on-board.

Hi,

We weren't sure if we were overnighting but we will be. We live about 2 1/2 hours out but for not chancing it for traffic or anything else. Plus I'd rather not have to get up at the crack of dawn. Although ill probably be up anyway cause of the excitement.

Hubby and I will be on our own bikes and really looking forward to it.

• 2 months later...

I just stumbled across this thread... as a biker I would love to take my bike on a cruse and visit ports. I was wondering if there was any fb pages or other information anyone could share?

I just returned off of the Carnival Conquest where one of the excursions I took was a bike ride across the Cozumel island.... it was a great experience, the only thing that would have made it better if I'd been on my own bike! :) LOL!

I just stumbled across this thread... as a biker I would love to take my bike on a cruse and visit ports. I was wondering if there was any fb pages or other information anyone could share?

I just returned off of the Carnival Conquest where one of the excursions I took was a bike ride across the Cozumel island.... it was a great experience, the only thing that would have made it better if I'd been on my own bike! :) LOL!

I just got off this cruise last month.

Here is a review I did here on CC http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839973

Another one I did on the HD forum, a lot of the same pics, but some different info http://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/872846-yes-we-took-our-harley-on-a-cruise-ship.html

Any questions, just ask!!!

• 1 month later...
I just got off this cruise last month.

Here is a review I did here on CC http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839973

Another one I did on the HD forum, a lot of the same pics, but some different info http://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/872846-yes-we-took-our-harley-on-a-cruise-ship.html

Any questions, just ask!!!

Hi, loved the blog on both forums, thank you for sharing.

Okie dokie here is a silly question. I ride my own and see both men and women in shorts to Capris to jeans. I am an avid believer in jeans due to chin safety and pipe burn safety ... However I'm concerned about how hot it gets there. Could you tell me what the temps and humidity levels are on the islands whole riding? I know it varies and weather changes but curious about your experience.

Thanks,

Kathy

Okie dokie here is a silly question. I ride my own and see both men and women in shorts to Capris to jeans. I am an avid believer in jeans due to chin safety and pipe burn safety ... However I'm concerned about how hot it gets there. Could you tell me what the temps and humidity levels are on the islands whole riding? I know it varies and weather changes but curious about your experience.

Thanks,

Kathy

You can see by my past cruises that we love to cruise in March/April. It is warm in the Caribbean without all the crazy humidity. If I remember correctly, temps were mostly mid 70's to low 80's. So, I think you picked a great time to cruise.

Even though most people didn't wear jeans, we did have a few that did the whole trip. I see you are from Pennsylvania too :D!!!! If you can handle those kind of temps here riding jeans, I don't believe you will have any problems on your cruise.

I hope your trip will be as wonderful as ours was. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :).

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed reading through this thread and am just a bit envious. We have rented H-Ds in the Caribbean and Hawaii but it would be nice to ride my own bike. No opportunity for us that I know of on the West Coast, except that almost all my riding is on Islands: Vancouver Island, Quadra, Cortez, and Texada. Our Islands are easy to get to by ferries and the rate for bikes is half of the rate that it is for cars. There are some great rides in this part of the world!

Ride safe and ride often. :D Cheers, Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Enjoyed reading through this thread and am just a bit envious. We have rented H-Ds in the Caribbean and Hawaii but it would be nice to ride my own bike. No opportunity for us that I know of on the West Coast, except that almost all my riding is on Islands: Vancouver Island, Quadra, Cortez, and Texada. Our Islands are easy to get to by ferries and the rate for bikes is half of the rate that it is for cars. There are some great rides in this part of the world!

Ride safe and ride often. :D Cheers, Bill

Don't be so envious. Keep your eyes open. There might be some exciting news soon for the west coasters ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Kathy

We never ride with anything but long pants and boots and shake our heads at the shorts and capris, but to each his own. Jeans definitely are hot but so are pipes, we wear a khaki colour (light) pant so that they don't absorb as much heat as a dark pant or jean. We do go for the cooler sleevless tops though after all you gotta let the heat out somewhere. :D We will be doing our 4th MC cruise in Feb/14 and will always continue to wear long pants.

Oh I'm so envious! I too and hubby, each ride our own and rode bikes on cruise last year. It was GORGEOUS, We had a wonderful time with the group we were riding with and our tour guides. We dress for riding, jeans, gloves, helmet, etc. In Cozumel we wore long sleeve shirts instead of jackets. Perfect attire for riding. This cruise I promised I'd do the tour of Mayan temples vs riding lol! Well, it was in exchange for hubby trying scuba diving last time. Anyway, I've actually been looking for cruises that focus on biking. Enjoy!

Had a nice ride today on our Pacific Island, down the ocean side of Vancouver Island to Parksville where my bike dealer was having an antique and collector's bike show. Some really interesting stuff including a 1931 4 cylinder Indian (the owner rode it to the show), a steam powered MC, lots of old bikes with sidecars and lots of drool from me. Downside was the $300 bill to have my bike serviced. :( Our next cruise is Sydney, Australia to Hawaii b2b with Hawaii to Vancouver, B.C. We have rented a Heritage Softtail Classic when in Honolulu previously. Rental rates are quite reasonable.

Cheers, Bill

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all my boyfriend and I LOVE going on trips.. add in our bikes and we are in heaven could anyone post a link or give me more info on this.. It's the first I have heard of them and I think we have been missing out!!

Here is the link for the cruises that I was looking at: http://www.cruise-eta.com/

Enjoy!! Prices not much different than cruise itself.

• 4 months later...
We never ride with anything but long pants and boots and shake our heads at the shorts and capris, but to each his own. Jeans definitely are hot but so are pipes, we wear a khaki colour (light) pant so that they don't absorb as much heat as a dark pant or jean. We do go for the cooler sleevless tops though after all you gotta let the heat out somewhere. :D We will be doing our 4th MC cruise in Feb/14 and will always continue to wear long pants.

Thank you for the info. Pretty much how we are ... I ride in jeans and tanks all summer long but was just curious. I am actually looking into buying new jeans an making them into zip-offs this way when we stop for a legth of ime I can zip'em off and zip'em back on again.