Friends and family discount?

ChrisB123

Does anyone know how the friends and family discount work and what the price difference is? I have a friend who works for the company ( Princess ) who says he can get me a wonderful discount.:eek:

Does anyone know how the friends and family discount work and what the price difference is? I have a friend who works for the company ( Princess ) who says he can get me a wonderful discount.:eek:

Maybe you should ask your friend how the discount works. I'm sure if they get one, it is probably outlined in the Employee handbook.

I understand the rates are very good - however - I understand that the cruises and days do not count against your CC status.

Ron

After they quit using the discount, the cruises and days apply.

One of the rules is it is not to be discussed.

Your friend could loose their status. :)

One of the rules is it is not to be discussed.

Your friend could loose their status. :)

I think I have read this before, that the friends and family discount is kind of a hush hush thing that was not widely known, and they wanted it kept that way.

I just asked a simple question. I didn't realise it was a BAD question. :confused:

Its only bad for the employee. They are given strict instructions on telling others about the discount. Even your conduct on the cruise is a reflection towards the employee. Since I've heard Princess monitors these boards, hope they don't figure out who you (meaning your friend) is. Some times secrets are just that, secret. :rolleyes:

Its only bad for the employee. They are given strict instructions on telling others about the discount. Even your conduct on the cruise is a reflection towards the employee. Since I've heard Princess monitors these boards, hope they don't figure out who you (meaning your friend) is. Some times secrets are just that, secret. :rolleyes:

Just to add to that, the employee can be terminated (and one of my co-workers was) because a member of their FNF list was drunk and disorderly on a cruise which they booked through FNF. Princess is deadly serious about that.

Just to add to that, the employee can be terminated (and one of my co-workers was) because a member of their FNF list was drunk and disorderly on a cruise which they booked through FNF. Princess is deadly serious about that.

I agree. :)

Then I won't tell anyone about it. The guy spoke about it, but he's hard to get in touch with. I was just wondering if it was worth investigating. :D

That is what it is for, an employee benefit for friends and Family so talk to him about it but keep it low key. ;)

No one should have to know about it anywhere on the internet. Enjoy if you get it.

Our first Princess cruise was on such a discount (at the time someone who worked for my hubby was dating a Princess employee; they did get married, but now are divorced, and the guy told my hubby a few weeks ago that he thought she left Princess). Anyway, we got a MR cruise for the three of us for a total (not counting taxes, etc.) of just under $800. Again, that was for the three of us. Pretty good, huh?

He gave hubby a choice of a couple of sailing dates. We were even offered a complete refund and an upgrade to a balcony (from an inside) if we had postponed, as they were overbooked. We didn't take the offer for a variety of reasons.

Wasn't aware that we needed to behave. But considering we try to behave anyway, maybe the guy had assure his gf that we wouldn't be trouble.

I was kind of scared.:eek: due to the reaction. I'd keep it on the QT anyway, because I wouldn't want the guy hounded by others for discounts. The company would love me anyway. I LOVE PRINCESS. It fits dh and I to a T. Heck, I'd love to quit my job and work for Princess just to GET a discount. :D

I'm a FORMER Princess employee, and I'm sure there are more of us formers out there. It is against company policy for current employees to post on these boards.

I'm glad to hear it as it would not present an objective view and an unbiased opinion.

I met a couple on a cruise who were enjoying F & F discount. They said that they always have a blue card. It didn't seem to be a big secret and they cruise often. Airline employees and their families fly free, space available. What's wrong with cruise line employees enjoying a break? I'd love to be a friend of an employee of Princess.

I met a couple on a cruise who were enjoying F & F discount. They said that they always have a blue card. It didn't seem to be a big secret and they cruise often. Airline employees and their families fly free, space available. What's wrong with cruise line employees enjoying a break? I'd love to be a friend of an employee of Princess.
Lucky friends & family members. Do they want to adopt me????