Hotels & Shuttles to Steve Irwin Zoo

Desert Cruizers

Hello our daughter and husbands sister will be taking a side trip following our 13 day NZ cruise, on April 2nd, 2014 to the Steve Irwin Zoo. They will be flying into Sunshine Coast and need to know a reasonable Hotel and where to get the shuttles to the Irwin Zoo. They will only be there 2 days, returning to Sydney on April 4, 2014. Thank You.

Thank you I will relay this to our daughter. My husband & I are remaining in Sydney while they are gone, after a 15 hour flight he wants to stay put for a bit.:) She is here visiting for a few days and looking over Hotel sites and getting an idea on where everything is in relation to things. This will be our first visit.

I had a look at the hotel / apartment prices in Coolum for the dates you mentioned.

:eek: very expensive. I'm guessing its because that is right before school holidays start.

I'd probably look at staying in Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, or Alexandra Headlands. The zoo shuttle picks up from all of these places.

Of all of them Mooloolaba would be my pick. Lots of nice restaurants, great walking beach and path along the beach. Grocery store if you need that.

It would be cheaper to stay there and use a shuttle to get there from the airport then it would to stay at Coolum.

This is the shuttle website I looked at

http://www.sunair.com.au/sunshine-coast-airport-door-to-door

So $15 each person, each way. Bargain !

Let me know if you find a hotel / apartment in Mooloolaba you like the look of and I'll let you know what I think. I know the area pretty well.

I would probably look at booking soon though if they are definitely going because it will book up quickly due to the school holidays.

Hope that helps :D

Edited by Pretending
Spelling

Thank you, I will relay this to our daughter who should be back today. If she stays in Moolooba, how far will they be from the Sunshine Airport as well as the Zoo. They will need a cab ride from the airport. I told her I didn't know of a better place to find information then the CC & the Australia Ports of Call.:) If you like to email me my address is below my signature and if ok, may she ( Carolyn ) contact you via email.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Our favourite spot on the Sunshine Coast is Kings Beach and Caloundra, a beautiful area, with great walks and stunning coastline. If you look on http://www.wotif.com.au you should be able to find lots of accommodation for wherever your daughter intends to stay. The shuttle service for Australia Zoo also goes from Kings Beach and Caloundra.

The ships and cruise ships, go past Kings Beach on their way to Brisbane.

Hello, I am not sure where she intends to stay at this time, She left this morning, but has been checking the area recommended and am sure she will find something and make arrangements in the next day or so. Thank you everyone for your assistance. She is considering signing up with CC, but has been really busy preparing for our trip in March to Sydney and our 3 cruises. She is also looking forward to her first cruise experience.

It will be just prior to school holidays so you may find there is a bit of a blip in prices (not peak) but not bargain so booking early si the key

I'm another for Caloundra but really only if self catering lother wise Moololaba or even Cotton Tree

This is an excellent website for Australian school holidays -

http://australia.gov.au/topics/australian-facts-and-figures/school-term-dates

Queensland April School holidays are from 5 - 22/4.

New South April School holidays are from 11 - 28/4.

There are no school holidays in March, which is off season.

I will be staying at Monaco Resort, Caloundra this month, which I got on a Travelzoo Deal.

• 3 weeks later...