Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I've been spoiled with balcony cabins and I am very reluctant to give them up. But today I just found a great bargain! Celebrity has balconies and concierge class balconies on sale for a very good price for 2 of their spring transatlantics. I have a 24 hour hold on one of the larger balcony (it's "on the hump" as they say) C2s on the Eclipse 13-day between Ft. Lauderdale and Southampton for a total including taxes of $1527. As a solo!

Extra large balcony, concierge class (fruit bowl, bottle of champagne, footstool on balcony etc. included, plus more importantly an extra cruise credit vs. regular balcony)--and the chance to spend the weekend in London once I get there before flying home. What's not to love?

Only reason I haven't taken it off hold and paid for it is I'm still debating whether I really want to gain all that weight again like I did on my last cruise! :)

So I was only looking around, getting quotes. Loved the fact that the Grand Princess just went through a retrofit and is a local port for me meaning no airfare.

Quote for a solo Cat OZ (obstructed ocean view cabin) is $3,192.56 for a 15 night cruise. Deposit is $100. I couldn't believe that an obstructed ov is much cheaper then an inside. So I decided to put a deposit down. This is the first time I booked so far in advance.

Faith

Great deal! I would take that up, but I prefer more port days than sea days. When I have more time - then this sounds good! :)

. . . I just found a great bargain! Celebrity has balconies and concierge class balconies on sale for a very good price for 2 of their spring transatlantics. Eclipse 13-day between Ft. Lauderdale and Southampton for a total including taxes of $1527. As a solo!

:)

Hi. Just curious . . . how did you find this? Email from Celebrity, TA or. . . ?

Thanks.

Lisa J.

I've been spoiled with balcony cabins and I am very reluctant to give them up. But today I just found a great bargain! Celebrity has balconies and concierge class balconies on sale for a very good price for 2 of their spring transatlantics. I have a 24 hour hold on one of the larger balcony (it's "on the hump" as they say) C2s on the Eclipse 13-day between Ft. Lauderdale and Southampton for a total including taxes of $1527. As a solo!

Extra large balcony, concierge class (fruit bowl, bottle of champagne, footstool on balcony etc. included, plus more importantly an extra cruise credit vs. regular balcony)--and the chance to spend the weekend in London once I get there before flying home. What's not to love?

Only reason I haven't taken it off hold and paid for it is I'm still debating whether I really want to gain all that weight again like I did on my last cruise! :)

WOW:) I always sail Celebrity and that is a great deal. That must

be in April. Hope you have a wonderful time.:D

I just looked at the Celebrity website and I wish I could go on that cruise.

I have something already booked and final payment has been made......but I

can tell you that 13 nighter is less than my 7nighter....

GO AND HAVE FUN!:)

Edited by Lois R

Hi. Just curious . . . how did you find this? Email from Celebrity, TA or. . . ?

Thanks.

Lisa J.

Lisa, go to the Celebrity website and if you search for TA's or Eclipse

in April, it is there......prices for balconies are VERY, VERY low:D

Actually it is the April 20th sailing. Unbelievable really. I wish I could go

on it but I have something booked earlier in April:eek: This is a price

for CC or a regular veranda that is less than my upcoming cruise to the

Caribbean:eek:

Edited by Lois R

Thanks.

Lisa J.

I haunt the Celebrity website and Travelocity looking for bargains! The Silhouette 15-night transatlantic is the same price, which is an even better deal since it's longer. I just really wanted to get back to London--haven't been there in over a decade even though it's one of my favorite cities! If I took a 15-night cruise I wouldn't have vacation time to do a post-cruise stay anywhere.

Oh, I booked it today. Just could not resist. :)

Now I'm immersed in figuring out where to fly out of--do I take the Cruise Connection shuttle and then fly into Sarasota? I would just need to figure out where to park in that case--could even park at SRQ I suppose, and just take a taxi to the Cruise Connection stop from there. Or do I drive over to the Ft. Lauderdale area and if so, where do I park? I can get a one-way non-stop on British Airways for a very good price from LHR to MIA, which would get me in by early evening, but then I'd be facing a 3.5-4 hour drive home from there...hmm...

Not to mention I need to figure out a hotel in London. I think I have an idea on that one but still mulling it over.

I love planning stuff like this. I probably missed my calling and should have been an events planner or travel agent! :)

Oh, and the icing on the cake is...the 3 cruise credits I get from this will get me to 10 so I'll be Elite for all future cruises! :)

Oh, and the icing on the cake is...the 3 cruise credits I get from this will get me to 10 so I'll be Elite for all future cruises! :)

Congratulations:D....I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

I can't help you with the logistics...sorry. I am betting you will figure

everything out:)

I'm eyeing the Celebrity Silhouette (new ship). Total $1,285.73 (solo balcony) 15 days- Fort Lauderdale to Rome in April. Airfare is decent as well.

I'm eyeing the Celebrity Silhouette (new ship). Total $1,285.73 (solo balcony) 15 days- Fort Lauderdale to Rome in April. Airfare is decent as well.

Yep, that's a REAL bargain, but I wanted my couple days in London. Once I get to Elite status I'm switching back to regular balcony cabins--right now I just want that extra cruise credit for Concierge Class. :)

You should definitely go for it!

Just came across this one in my internet scouring...not sure if it has been posted and sorry no time to search:

Azamara Journey

May 1

14 nights

Mumbai, India to Athens Greece

Double Occupancy Inside $499

Single Occupancy Inside $531

Single Supplement 6%

Double Occupancy Oceanview $699

Single Occupancy Oceanview $781

Single Supplement 12%

Double Occupancy Balcony $929

Single Occupancy Balcony $1,069

Single Supplement 15%

Double Occupancy Suite $1,499

Single Occupancy Suite $1,781

Single Supplement 19%

Just came across this one in my internet scouring...not sure if it has been posted and sorry no time to search:

Azamara Journey

May 1

14 nights

Mumbai, India to Athens Greece

Double Occupancy Inside $499

Single Occupancy Inside $531

Single Supplement 6%

Double Occupancy Oceanview $699

Single Occupancy Oceanview $781

Single Supplement 12%

Double Occupancy Balcony $929

Single Occupancy Balcony $1,069

Single Supplement 15%

Double Occupancy Suite $1,499

Single Occupancy Suite $1,781

Single Supplement 19%

That's a great deal, even though the airfare (even through ChoiceAir) is horrendous I'm sure! I spotted it too when it was on sale for a slightly higher price--too bad I have a work committment that clashes with this one or I would have booked it for sure! Would love to try Azamara.

Edited by bottomfeeder

Saw that price as well....I can't even imagine how long a flight to India would be, and I'm sure the fare is skyhigh. which probably has something to do with the amazing price on this sailing

That's a great deal, even though the airfare (even through ChoiceAir) is horrendous I'm sure! I spotted it too when it was on sale for a slightly higher price--too bad I have a work committment that clashes with this one or I would have booked it for sure! Would love to try Azamara.

Saw that price as well....I can't even imagine how long a flight to India would be, and I'm sure the fare is skyhigh. which probably has something to do with the amazing price on this sailing

A flight to India? You would have to fly to somwhere in Europe first.......

depending on the layover. Plan on taking 2 full days to get there.

what air do you think is too expensive?

London to mumbai is around £325

round trip london $800

athens -> london <£100

mutli city search on US site JFK-BOM ATH->JFK

might need dates/times adjusting I used 29th out 14th back

Delta

4:10 PM JFK>BOM 11:10 PM 2 stops 21h 30m

6:50 AM ATH>JFK 1:55 PM 1 stop 14h 05m

Total: $843

Bargain with the cruise fares.

Edited by insidecabin

On the Journey Mumbai to Athens, taxes and fees are another £250 ($440) approx. Indian visa is £90+, though if you are going direct to ship not sure if transit visa would be permitted which is a little cheaper at £60+ (these visa prices are for UK passport holders.)

Still a great price for a solo introduction to Azamara but just wondering if May in the Indian Ocean/Red Sea will be too hot for me to sunbathe comfortably and with so many sea days, that's why I'd be going.

Edited by canny_cruiser

On the Journey Mumbai to Athens, taxes and fees are another £250 ($440) approx. Indian visa is £90+, though if you are going direct to ship not sure if transit visa would be permitted which is a little cheaper at £60+ (these visa prices are for UK passport holders.)

Still a great price for a solo introduction to Azamara but just wondering if May in the Indian Ocean/Red Sea will be too hot for me to sunbathe comfortably and with so many sea days, that's why I'd be going.

Thats against the EU rules for UK website pricing to not include taxes..

@insidecabin,

What do you mean by 'regional pricing'? Is that something like getting a $50 discount sometimes based on the state that you live in?

Janet

DOn't think I replied to this before.

Regional as in international regions.

UK might get discounted but US not, seen this happen quite a bit.

Thats against the EU rules for UK website pricing to not include taxes..

I was trying to be helpful by quoting the charges as JeffKoz hadn't mentioned them when posting the US$ prices. They are almost as much as the lead-in cruise price is now so I thought it was relevant. I didn't say they weren't included in UK quotes.

Edited by canny_cruiser