What Cruise lines offer Roommate matching?

audekat

Try googling Singles Cruise and you will find companies for Hosted cruises. They can match you up for a room mate.

Cannot give you names of company but I am going on Singles Cruise on May 22, 2011 with RCCL - Vision of the Seas

Edited by metwo

Try googling Singles Cruise and you will find companies for Hosted cruises. They can match you up for a room mate.

Cannot give you names of company but I am going on Singles Cruise on May 22, 2011 with RCCL - Vision of the Seas

That wasn't my question...I already know about the "Singles" Cruise companies. I was asking if any cruise lines offer roommate matching. You know with out being part of a special group.

None left except HAL, which offers (sometimes), an inside or outside match. Only consideration is sex/ smoking/non smoking. Had one with Princess10-12 yrs. ago. Even Celbrity did them at one time. X agent said they were disastrous. Had good experience on a share on a "hosted" singles cruise done on Celebrity.

Do any of the cruiselines offer roommate matching? How/where does one go to find a roommate for a cruise?

Click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Fun Facts: Solo Cruising. Note the section titled Consider sharing a cabin.

Kat 090107NA16_prv.gif

Its a fact singles/solos are a very small % of the mix. I have read 1-2%, which is probably true.More females than males. Try a "hosted singles cruise", available online. Some great itins on current offerings. You can dine with them only or participate in their events. Pricing seems to have come down also; less than paying SS to sail solo in a cabin .Also nice are the separate hosted cruises for younger vs. older cruisers.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

Kat 090107NA16_prv.gif

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally' date=' we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.[/color']

Kat 090107NA16_prv.gif

I didn't put in a link? I asked a question...This is why no one uses this board...you can't even ask a question without getting your wrist slapped.

I didn't put in a link? I asked a question...This is why no one uses this board...you can't even ask a question without getting your wrist slapped.

My post was just a friendly reminder about the Guidelines to others that have or wanted to reply to you with a name or site link, even if they try to "mask" it. Just trying to "nip it in the bud" so more posts will not have to be removed.

As long as the replies are general in nature and follow the Guidelines, no problem.

Kat 070106YA44_prv.gif

If someone is wanting to give a link to answer a specific question can that be done in a private message?

And if you guys let the "Hosted" singles companies advertize here why can't we say their names? I mean i am looking at one of their banners right now at the top of the page...

Edited by audekat
You guys = CC

If someone is wanting to give a link to answer a specific question can that be done in a private message?

And if you guys let the "Hosted" singles companies advertize here why can't we say their names? I mean i am looking at one of their banners right now at the top of the page...

Private Messaging is not available on Cruise Critic. That feature of vBulletin is disabled here.

A member should not ask for Guideline violating information on the message board, nor should any member respond in kind. Offering to e-mail someone the information is not allowed, nor is asking members to e-mail the information. Those sort of posts will be removed and members risk permanent suspension of posting privileges.

Cruise Critic is a privately-held company. Our mission is to provide a haven where the posts on our message board are free of advertising for our community members' enjoyment. Regarding the paid-for advertisement banners and the posts on the message board, they are not the same thing. Remember, it is those paid-for ads that keep the message board as well as the other Cruise Critic features free for all of us. 05.gif

From the Advertising Is Not Allowed section in the Guidelines:

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board...

Per our Community Manager LauraS in the Who Are We? section in FAQ:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS

Community Manager

Cruise Critic

community@cruisecritic.com

Per the Management of this Community section in the Guidelines, discussion of our management policies and procedures is considered off-topic discussion for our message board and can be removed without notice.

I suggest you contact the Community Manager if you have any further questions about the management of this community. An e-mail to Management is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns.

As for the Hosts/Moderators, we are not Management nor employed by Cruise Critic. We are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" by following our Moderator Handbook.

Per the Who are Hosts? The Community Manager? section in FAQ:

Hosts oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a Host for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are hosting...

...The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com

Please note, in the newer FAQ sections added with the last system update, you will find references to certain vBulletin options or features not in use at this time.

082502btw_prv.gif, all e-mails & Report Post e-mails sent to Cruise Critic or the Community Manager from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record are answered in the order received. With 628,274 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any reply or action.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful! 05.gif

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Cruise lines realized that there were just too many problems with offering to match singles for cruises. I've been on more than 30 cruises as a solo, and I would never, ever take the chance of getting the roommate from hell and ruining an expensive cruise. As for Craig's List, no way on God's green earth would I ever try that. There are just too many wackos and weirdos who post on that place and I would never, ever trust anything from that site. Would you like to wind up with some wack-job of a roommate for a week? Someone who'd steal from you, want to "entertain" every night so that you can't have access to your cabin? How about getting stuck with an ugly drunk? No way will I pay for any vacation and room with a stranger. It was tough enough in college, no way I'm doing that as an adult.

• 2 years later...

I know this isn't the perfect answer, but it helped me. I found a site and roomie off these several times! http://www.travelcompanionexchange.com and http://www.travbuddy.com. TCE has a free 6 month trial right now and travbuddy costs 9.99. Theres a ****load of members with a great roomie search engine. Hollllaa.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
It would be nice if they had matching programs for cabin mates. Would love to find someone who can cruise in June of this year but its so expensive to cruise solo.

I agree, until recently I had a partner to travel with. Now I have three booked and paid for cruises, and as of now I'm going solo. Which I really would rather not do. I think traveling with a new friend would be a great time!

• 3 months later...
It would be nice if they had matching programs for cabin mates. Would love to find someone who can cruise in June of this year but its so expensive to cruise solo.

"But its so expensive to cruise solo" it really is not. There are plenty of sailings that don't have single charge supplement. I have done at least 6 solo cruises and have not paid more then $600 for a 7 day cruise and a few of them were around $470 including taxes and fees. That was with carnival, but Norwegian has many sailings as well that don't charge single supplement. And I am not even talking about ships with studio cabins.

TO: luvjftffc

If you have not already paid for your 1/2/16 cruise, how about going on this one with me. It goes out of San Diego where I live. I have been on 11 cruises and I can guarantee you won't have any trouble with me as a roommate.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=M5R07H&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=M&dateCode=&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=VE&voyageCode=E576