Question about "all-inclusives"

pbnjrockette

What usually constitutes all-inclusive? From what I've been reading it does seem to be different per river cruise line and maybe even per itinerary.

I'm only familiar with Vantage so know that they include airport/hotel transfers, MOST shore excursions (there are usually a few additional optionals--usually at night) all meals on the ship and SOME meals on excursions. Some sailings include wine/beer at meals. Tips are not included.

Would be interested to know what other cruise lines include.... Some "inclusives" are deal-breakers, others not so much!

Transfers

Beer/wine

All alcoholic drinks

Excursions

Tips

Our only river cruise was with Scenic on the Danube last summer. There was a choice among 2-3 tours in each port, all included. There was also one "special" evening in Vienna that I believe would have been optional and charged for on many other lines. We - passengers on our boat only - went to a chamber music performance in one of the palaces (Lichtenstein, as I recall) in Vienna. There was champagne, but not dinner. As I said, it was only the 170 or so from our boat at the event, so very intimate.

Our fridge was kept stocked with our requested soft drinks and liquor. Drinks at the lounge bar were included all day, and beer and wine with meals. There was an alternative dining option, reservations required, but no additional charge. All tips were included - drivers, local guides, ALL, although you did have the option of putting money in a tip jar at the end of the cruise, which would be distributed among the crew.

We were in the 2nd level suite, and enjoyed unlimited laundry as well. Other cabins did have to pay for laundry. We thought it was a great system! :)

AMA

Transfers not included (optional at added cost)

Beer/wine at lunch and dinner not breakfast.

All meals on the boat with payment for some lunches off the boat. Normandy beach gave everyone 20 euro for lunch.

Very few optional turns at extra cost.

Special event meals on ship free. What entertainment free.

Pay for drinks from the bar.

Have been on three AMA (Rhine, Danube, and Seine) one Viking in China.

AMA: we had airport transfers included on both ends, but maybe that was because we took the land extension at the end

Everything else as Donray lists, except that there is champagne at breakfast [maybe he didn't notice, because the ice bucket was discreetly sitting among the orange juice pitchers].

PS don't hold me to the word "champagne" -- I didn't have any so I didn't check the label...

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Except for "laundry costs" everything on a Tauck cruise is included and I mean everything. No other cruise line has yet to include a 5 course dinner and concert at a Viennese Palace as a part of the cruise.There are no hidden costs or options and Tauck even included the 50 cents needed to use a Loo. When you cruise with Tauck you'll not need to put your hand in your pocket at cruises end. To me that's all-inclusive.