Conch fritters Western Caribbean?

CruisinCarps

We are headed out May 11th (yay!!) on the Magic... second WC itinerary, this time to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay. I have always wanted to try conch fritters, but haven't come across them anywhere yet. (Lots of Mexican fare, nachos, etc though...We live in El Paso-we have so much of that here, I am surprised we haven't started pooping triangles...;-).

Anyways, any place y'all know of that you can recommend? We are doing Chankanaab (Cozumel), snorkel trip in GC (but plenty of time for port after), and probably Drs Cave beach and Margaritaville in MB.

Thanks!:D

grand cayman is where you will want to get them. As for where, I think you'll find them just about any place you go so I wouldn't worry too much. Places from that island have been on food network just for the conch fritters. I think you would have to struggle to find a place with bad ones there.

I had the best conch fritters ever in Grand Cayman. And Im sorry I dont remember the name of the place. It was in Georgetown, back a block or so from the main road, served from a little trailer. There were park benches and tables to eat from, but I still remember those conch fritters. They were excellent, I have had them in Florida and the Bahamas, but these were the best!

I dont know if there are conch fritters, but the food in Jamaica is very good too.

We are headed out May 11th (yay!!) on the Magic... second WC itinerary, this time to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay. I have always wanted to try conch fritters, but haven't come across them anywhere yet. (Lots of Mexican fare, nachos, etc though...We live in El Paso-we have so much of that here, I am surprised we haven't started pooping triangles...;-).

Anyways, any place y'all know of that you can recommend? We are doing Chankanaab (Cozumel), snorkel trip in GC (but plenty of time for port after), and probably Drs Cave beach and Margaritaville in MB.

Thanks!:D

We always get them at Calico Jacks beach bar in Grand Cayman. We take a cheap taxi to Calico Jacks find a nice spot on the beach ,rent a chair and umbrella for $15 for two and have a great beach day.The bar and food is just a bonus as well as they have clean bathrooms and a taxi stop right at the bar to bring people back to the ship.Just beware taxis in Grand Cayman wait until they are full to go back to the ship

Go to Paradise Restaurant in Grand Cayman. If you get off the ship and turn right, it's only a few blocks away. The conch fritters there are amazing, and the drinks and view of the ships are also pretty great. Just be prepared for sticker shock - Grand Cayman is expensive!