Carnival, Carnivale

Johnkut

My wife and I spent our honey moon on this ship in 1983. There was no where to plug in any thing electric. I think it was converted to a cruise ship from some other type of ship. I remember standing in the dining room and you could almost touch the ceiling. What ever happened to her?

Sailed on that ship in '93 with two sons. Built-in upper bunks (not the fold-down types now on ships).

• 1 month later...

In the mid to late 1980s (I forget the year), we sailed to the Bahamas on 3-night trip. Just an hour or two underway, they started putting the little white bags all along the passageway. The dining room, which was low down and no windows with lots of paneling, was less than half full. That first night in the Bahamas, I was up on deck late at night trying to make the other ships in port jealous of all the fun we were having doing that Chicken Dance and the Makarena (sp?). What a blast.

Jim

• 2 months later...
A tall order after all of this time! A photo with Carnivale's name in the background - maybe. Receipt - no way!

AHEM: I also cruised on both the tss Carnivale, and tss Mardi Gras out of Boston in 1976, 77, and 78. I have the Carnival Capers from several trips, and I have one original ticket/boarding pass in my name. I'm sure that there are a few more of us (old foggies) around. CCL used to do the Bos/ Bermuda run for several years, until they gave it up to another line. The name slips me, but I cruised it. I do in fact have a photo of a group of cruisers, myself included, on either the Carn or MG, still in the foto frame witht the CCL line's logo. I still read the Capers, and think back to the "Good Times" btw, I did try to gain the points, but it was such a big ado, that I stopped trying. I still cruise CCL, but do drift to other lines. R.A.:o

May your voyage through life be as happy and as free as the dancing waves on the deep blue sea. anon

• 6 months later...

:cool: i still have all the daily paper's from this ship from 1981 along with a beautiful picture of the ship that they gave out in the dining room on the last night of the cruise, it was my first cruise and i have been hooked ever since

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just told them the date I cruised (July 1980), and the ship (Carnivale), and they credited it to my account!

I also cruised Carnivale in 1984. It was my first cruise too and have been hooke ever since..I'd like to get credit for my older cruises also. So all you have to do is call Carnival???

Edited by trayden17

Yep - and I got the ship wrong. It was actually the Mardi Gras! I did get the dates right, so they either found it, or took my word for it.

Jim

25 cruises done, two planned

Ok sounds good...thanks alot

• 5 weeks later...

My first cruise was in the Carnivale July 24, 1983. It was a 7 day eastern Caribbean. It went to Santo Domingo, San Juan, Samana, one one more port I cannot recall. Great times!

Edited by A6cruiser

• 3 weeks later...
My first cruise was in the Carnivale July 24, 1983. It was a 7 day eastern Caribbean. It went to Santo Domingo, San Juan, Samana, one one more port I cannot recall. Great times!

St Thomas? Our Carnivale cruise went to San Juan, Samana, St Thomas, and possibly Nassau, but not sure. I was fairly young at the time....

• 1 month later...
Didn't Carnivale and Festivale sail out of Tampa? I think we went on weekend cruises on both of them. I was not impressed.

When I sailed the Carnivale in 83, we sailed from Dodge Island Miami. Now I remember, our cruise did NOT stop in Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did a one week cruise on the Carnivale over New Years in '79. We had a blast a group of about 20-25 all single, it was party, party all week. That got me hooked on cruising & we're still going.

Allan

She became the TSS Topez and then a PeaceShip before being forced to retired in 2010 due to maritine regulations. She was actually the 2nd ship in the Carnival Fleet.

Don't know if there was or is more then one PeaceShip, but on our cruise through the Suez Canal in Mar of 2012 we passed a white painted PeaceShip. Didn't know at the time it could of been one of the old Empress / Carnival ships. Just looked back through the pictures and the lines of the ship kind of do remind me of her.

Allan

• 1 month later...

Hello all!! glad to see people still posting about this Carnivale ship. This was the only cruise I've ever been on. We sailed from Port Canaveral, FL to Nassau, Bahamas. it was a short 3-4 day cruise, some time in 1990-1991? not sure how to check when exactly, but I'm sad to read the ship is no longer in service. Lots of memories from this ship in that short excursion :)

My wife and I spent our honey moon on this ship in 1983. There was no where to plug in any thing electric. I think it was converted to a cruise ship from some other type of ship. I remember standing in the dining room and you could almost touch the ceiling. What ever happened to her?

We sailed to the Bahamas on the Carnivale in either 1990 or 1992. I can't fine out how she died.

• 1 month later...

Our first cruise was our honeymoon. November 1979 on the Carnivale to San Jaun, St Croix and Dominican Republic. We had a interior room, with 2 rather narrow beds, and the bathroom was tiny, the miniature sink and toilet were inside the shower. The weather was lovely, but the seas were a bit rough, I remember staggering back and forth and bouncing off some walls and motion sickness. Now I'm looking forward to our second cruise to the British Isles and we can afford a better veranda room!

Carnival Carnivale November 1979

Celebrity Silhouette August 2015

Thanks for that very interesting information. It is nice to hear what happened to old cruise ships.

Any info on some of these in this list.

PAST CRUISES: 1.Stella Oceanis 1975 South America, 2. Stella Oceanus

1977 Black Sea and Crimean Peninsula. 3. Mermoz 1979 Med. Rome,Sicily,and Nice,Malta. 4. SS Freeport to Gulf Mexico. 5.Vistafjord to Caribbean 1981. 6. Sagafjord to Alaska 1983. 7. Stella Solaris to Aegean, Israel and Egypt 1984. 8. Mississippi Queen out of New Orleans. 9. Nantucket Clipper out of Boston 10. Fairsky to Caribbean 1987. 11. Royal Odyssey Med.& Dubrovnik 9/1988. 12. Carnivalle to Bahamas 1990. 13. Crown Odyssey to Eastern South America 1991. 14.Monarch of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 1995. 15 Royal Odyssey (Old Royal Viking Sea) Panama Canal 1995. 16 Egypt-Nile River Cruise 1996.

17. Splendour of the Seas- Fjords of Norway 1997. 18 Sun Viking –Orient Cruise 1997.

19. Renaissance R-4 Barcelona-Lisbon 1999. 20. Paradise- Caribbean 1999.

I assume the remainder still as they started.

21. Millennium to Baltic Capitals 2000. 22. Summit to Caribbean 2001.

23. Constellation –Fjords of Norway 2002. 24.Horizon –Mexico 2003. 25. Infinity to Alaska 2003. 26. Holiday to Mexico 2003. 27. Infinity -South America Cape Horn 2004. 28. Constellation- Transatlantic 2004. 29.Legend of Seas- Western Caribbean 2005 out of L.A.

30. Millennium- Panama Canal 2006. 31. Rhapsody of Seas- Western Caribbean 2006 out of Galveston. 32. Constellation- New England/Canada 2006. 33.Millennium-Caribbean 2007. 34.Voyager of the Seas- Caribbean out of Galveston Jan 2008 35.Mercury- South Pacific 2007. 36. Mariner of Seas-Mexican Riviera 2/09. 37. Summit to Southern Caribbean. 4/09. 38. Amadeus Symphony- Rhine River Basel-Amsterdam 6/09 combined with Switzerland Trip.

39.Antarctica on Prof. Multanovskiy 2009 40.Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston Jan 2010

41. Silver Whisper New York to Bermuda October 2010. 42.Silver Shadow Seoul Korea to Anchorage,AK May 2011

43. Silver Cloud Fort Lauderdale to San Juan Jan 2012

44. Statendam cruise tour Southbound to Alaska 2012

45. Millennium Gems of Southeast Asia January 2013

46 AZAMARA QUEST JAN 2014 CENTRAL AMERICA

Edited by scapel

• 5 months later...

July 1984.... My second cruise ,the first being The Carla C in 1983. I have very found memories of this ship.My dad and brother are no longer with us,but memories of this cruise always takes me back to happier times. Sadly the Carnival was struck by another liner and had to be scrapped and silenced forever in 2008.

image_00081-1.jpg.45d4870b606b127275b0528e838d7206.jpg