NEW! Cabana Program on Coco Cay

melbur

We just returned from a wonderful weekend getaway for our anniversary on the Majesty. Imagine our surprise when we got to Coco Cay, the Island Oasis area was a buzz with officers, and a large sign was posted saying "Cabana Concierge". We wandered over there early as we had a 9AM appt for massages. We enquired about what was going on over here, and the Guest Services Mgr explained they were launching a new cabana program this weekend.

Offered first to suite guests by email from the GSM, then available to D+ and so on. One of the officers said he could have sold 100 cabanas if he had them. They are going to be building more of them on another side of the island.

The cabanas are in 2 sizes, made of bamboo, and have beautiful big loungers with thick cushions. You can get one for 2 or a family size. The Caba-nettes are those large blue clamshell like shades. They only had about 6 cabanas and 6 caba-nettes.

When we arrived, there were only 2 caba-nettes available so we grabbed one. It was just perfect. It's in a private area by the Oasis. Included were 2 bottles of water, a fresh fruit platter, towels, and a special lunch cooked right there. It included the basics from the regular buffet lunch, but the extra was the cooked to order steak, chicken or shrimp brochettes, bruschetta.

I included a pic of the new brochure for it.attachment.php?attachmentid=197381&stc=1&d=1307441694

cococay.jpg.ac24d3875e6f1d216d686c6d5f31e0e1.jpg

My pic of the brochure is not great, it reads . . .

Bamboo Cabana

Included in the Bamboo Cabana package:

· Island CocoLimo at your service for transport to Coco Cay locations

· Enjoy your made to order lunch created by your private chef

· 1 bottle of chilled Korbel champagne

· 4 x 1L bottles of Spring Water

· 2 floating mats and 2 snorkelling sets

· Beach towels

· Personalized Service

· Photo opportunity with professional photographer (one 6x8 photo included in pkg)

· Priority for Island Spa Appointments with 15% discount

· Fruit plate

$100 per single cabana $150 Family Cabana

Caba-Nettes include:

· Island CocoLimo at your service for transport to Coco Cay locations

· Enjoy your made to order lunch created by your private chef

· 2 x 1L bottles of Spring Water

· 1 floating mat

· Beach towels

· Personalized Service

· Photo opportunity with professional photographer (one 6x8 photo included in pkg)

· Priority for Island Spa Appointments with 15% discount

· Fruit plate

$35 per Caba-nette

We just returned from a wonderful weekend getaway for our anniversary on the Majesty. Imagine our surprise when we got to Coco Cay, the Island Oasis area was a buzz with officers, and a large sign was posted saying "Cabana Concierge". We wandered over there early as we had a 9AM appt for massages. We enquired about what was going on over here, and the Guest Services Mgr explained they were launching a new cabana program this weekend.

Offered first to suite guests by email from the GSM, then available to D+ and so on. One of the officers said he could have sold 100 cabanas if he had them. They are going to be building more of them on another side of the island.

The cabanas are in 2 sizes, made of bamboo, and have beautiful big loungers with thick cushions. You can get one for 2 or a family size. The Caba-nettes are those large blue clamshell like shades. They only had about 6 cabanas and 6 caba-nettes.

When we arrived, there were only 2 caba-nettes available so we grabbed one. It was just perfect. It's in a private area by the Oasis. Included were 2 bottles of water, a fresh fruit platter, towels, and a special lunch cooked right there. It included the basics from the regular buffet lunch, but the extra was the cooked to order steak, chicken or shrimp brochettes, bruschetta.

I included a pic of the new brochure for it.attachment.php?attachmentid=197381&stc=1&d=1307441694

How/when do you rent them??

I will be e-mailing the concierge on Freedom as soon as my final payment is made this week! I was wondering if RCI was going to expand its suite program to Coco Cay. We never rent a cabana at Labadee as we are fine with the natural shade, but do enjoy Barefoot beach. All the pics I have seen of Coco Cay do not show any trees near the water, so we will rent a cabana-ette.

So where is the area exactly? It looks like it on the left as you enter Coco Cay. That area is not suitable for swimming or other water activities.

We were at Coco Cay on May 23 and we did see some cabanas and "clam shells" perched over a rocky area by the entrance.

I would love some location info.

Thanks,

M

How/when do you rent them??

Just repeating what we were told . . the program is so new they may tweak it with time but . . .They will be offered to suite guests first, and then D+ on down from what we were told. What's left will be available through Explorations.

So where is the area exactly? It looks like it on the left as you enter Coco Cay. That area is not suitable for swimming or other water activities.

We were at Coco Cay on May 23 and we did see some cabanas and "clam shells" perched over a rocky area by the entrance.

I would love some location info.

Thanks,

M

They are to the left where the Island Oasis spa is. The beach area is rocky where they are located but it is a short stroll past it to the sand beach area. We entered the water from there, no problems.

Right by the spa they have a bar set up and servers to bring you drinks, lunch etc.

We saw those over Memorial Weekend. Not interested. I cannot imagine sitting in one of those with no breeze, cannot see anything but straight out. I will take my wide open beach any day of the week. I love CocoCay and love laying on the beach watching the world go by. We always sit on the same part of the beach and love it.

Some people like all the privacy, we love to people watch, so could never see us doing that. Good for people that like it, but not for us.

We saw those over Memorial Weekend. Not interested. I cannot imagine sitting in one of those with no breeze, cannot see anything but straight out. I will take my wide open beach any day of the week. I love CocoCay and love laying on the beach watching the world go by. We always sit on the same part of the beach and love it.

Some people like all the privacy, we love to people watch, so could never see us doing that. Good for people that like it, but not for us.

I know the picture doesn't do it justice, but it's very breezy, the cabanas are open at front and back, and they are only bamboo. It's not like a solid structure. Your view depends on which one you book. There are a couple that overlook the sandy beach area to the side of it. Most face right out to the ocean. It is private and quiet, not for everyone.

cococay.jpgcabanette.jpg

Don't know when we will next be on a cruise that includes Coco Cay on our itinerary, but whenever that does happen, we will most likely be looking to book either a cabana or family cabana. If there is no breeze I would still prefer the shade that they provide because it isn't the privacy that we require but the shade that they provide as I must limit my exposure to the sun. The Korbel and fruit plate are extras that weren't provided on Labadee the last times we were there. Might be nice if these additions were added to the cabanas there as well.:)

We go to Coco Cay in December when we sail on our Rock charter cruise. It will be interesting to see if they are offered on this cruise. We are sharing a RFS with friends. They sound like something DH would really like.

Oh MANNN! I loved the cabanas (for free) when I was on Coco Cay in April. Half of them were even empty! It was like no one knew about them. I'm sorry to see that I'll never get a chance to use one again, being a lowly gold member who stays in connecting balcony cabins instead of suites. :mad:

Oh MANNN! I loved the cabanas (for free) when I was on Coco Cay in April. Half of them were even empty! It was like no one knew about them. I'm sorry to see that I'll never get a chance to use one again, being a lowly gold member who stays in connecting balcony cabins instead of suites. :mad:

I agree, I found these on my first visit to Coco Cay back in 2009. I enjoyed the spot because it was perfect to take a rest/nap listining to the ocean. :(

We were in Labadee and paid $175 for a prime-location cabana. We weren't thrilled with it. We thought that for the money they charge, the cabanas should have had a private toilet and shower facility built in.

Next to the cabana we could have spent the day on the same beach without paying, sitting in free lounge chairs, and also using all of the free equipment.

We thought the cabana was a waste.

The private chef aspect of this cabana package and the included drinks sound more interesting -- although I still don't think it is something that really interests us. Can anybody comment on this aspect?

Why is the package different from the Labadee package? Shouldn't they be more standardized?

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta