Carnival 4J cabins?

pwhamby

Wrong ship... Victory. .. yes, I see the ones you mean.. the ones facing forward. I better get to bed... Cant even get which ship.

Id love them, but a lot of them are HC cabins, if you care.

There is a tall wall outside of them, but you can walk out on the deck to walk around which is nice.

I had one similar on caribbean pricess, except the wall wasnt as tall. fun.

Edited by firefly333

I actually requested one of those rooms for April 11. The shape actually makes them easy to move around and you can walk out onto the Lido deck without climbing 4 flights of stairs. They are handicap rooms and you run the risk of getting bumped, and since they are a cat 4 room if you get moved it won't be a great room. They are a great room for the money. One comment: if the seas are moving you feel it a lot more on deck 10 than you would on deck 2.

I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if the 4J rooms are more expensive than the regular 4E and F categories? I don't want to pay more but I'm a little claustrophobic so I thought an obstructed picture window might help...

By the looks of the deck plan these rooms are a long way from the elevators if that bothers you.

Edited by Julitta
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked one of these rooms on the Dream. The employee at Carnival told me that they are one of Carnival's best kept secrets. You pay for an interior room, but you do actually get a window. Even though they are categorized as interior cabins, they are referred to as "Skyview" cabins. I guess there is a door outside these cabins that goes to a small "balcony" that anyone can get to, but no one really visits except those in the rooms near the doors.

I'm super excited about it! I just wish I could find actual pictures of one somewhere!!

I just booked one of these rooms on the Dream. The employee at Carnival told me that they are one of Carnival's best kept secrets. You pay for an interior room, but you do actually get a window. Even though they are categorized as interior cabins, they are referred to as "Skyview" cabins. I guess there is a door outside these cabins that goes to a small "balcony" that anyone can get to, but no one really visits except those in the rooms near the doors.

I'm super excited about it! I just wish I could find actual pictures of one somewhere!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1134016 look at this thread

• 1 year later...

Hey Maverick, Don't know if you still have this active but thought I would try. Just booked a 4J room 9201 Carnival Glory for April 2012 and wondered how you liked it up front of the ship. Agent told me the same thing "best kept secret" and that I would not get sea sick. Any info would be nice.

Thanks John

Edited by jms412

Hey Maverick, Don't know if you still have this active but thought I would try. Just booked a 4J room 9201 Carnival Glory for April 2012 and wondered how you liked it up front of the ship. Agent told me the same thing "best kept secret" and that I would not get sea sick. Any info would be nice.

Thanks John

How would any reputable agent be able to tell you that you would not get seasick from the extra motion of a high deck all the way forward ???

that sounds odd right off the bat. I would much rather have one myself than a full inside .. but you will feel more motion of course. How much depends on the weather, which no one should be guaranteeing to you.

I only felt the motion once .. when I bent all the way over putting stuff in my suitcase and the ship tipped forward and I felt like I would spill over. I didnt get seasick, but didnt bend over like that again.

Thanks Firefly. This is my third cruise and I had a oceanveiw on both of them. Thought this sounded different. I looked on the deck plan and there is two HC suites on either side of me and 9201 is stuck in the middle. Now I am wondering if I should just go back to a OCV.

Great cabins, we love them.

Here are photos of 9201 on the Dream.

http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/welldone60/Dream%209201/

Here are photos of 9203 on the Victory. We sailed the Victory in 2010 and 9203 was NOT a HC cabin. Same size shower with lip, no hand bars, step up to bathroom etc. as a standard cabin.

http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/welldone60/Victory%209203/

If you have any ??, just ask. I will try to answer. We are booked in 4J's on the Freedom 2/12 and the Breeze 2/13. Would have booked one for our Spirit 11/11 but they do not have them, so we booked a 4K with french doors.

Edited by welldone60

We also had cabin 9203 on the Victory and loved it! You have a picture window to look out of and just a short walk puts you on the wrap around open deck in the front of the ship. Best part is the price with these cabins costing less than a regular ocean view room.

• 3 months later...

I'm enjoying one of those in a couple of days! It was $20 more per night over the price of a regular 4 (probably $10 per person, I'm solo) but I figured it was worth it. I will find out soon! I'm big on taking photos of my cabin, so I will share when I get back :)

Hopefully there won't be too many who know about the secret door and deck right next to my cabin :D

• 6 years later...

I was just offered an upgrade to one of these from a PH. They look great, but I was wondering if people walking on the deck can see into your cabin. Seems like that would be a problem. Carnival Liberty 9201, id that makes a difference.

Edited by simplelife

Has anyone tried one of the 4J cabins on the Victory or similar class ship? Look interested. Obstructed view but right out front? Any thoughts? Which deck would be best?

Thanks all!

We had one on a b2b, lets just say the second half of that cruise we were glad we were in a different cabin in a different location. We usually book near the aft third of the ship and feel little movement. Being at the very front of the ship we felt a lot of movement and didnt care for it. It was also very far from everything. I we were in 7202. Cabin had plenty of room.

It was nice having a great big balcony mostly to ourselves. Also Hubby tried looking into our cabin from the balcony and could not see in even with the lights on. we were in 7202. Cabin had plenty of room.

I was just offered an upgrade to one of these from a PH. They look great, but I was wondering if people walking on the deck can see into your cabin. Seems like that would be a problem. Carnival Liberty 9201, id that makes a difference.

Yes, they can at night when cabin lights are on.

At night you have to keep the curtains closed, by ship rules. There is a note in your cabin about this. It has something to do with the navigation.

Yes, you are supposed to but not everyone does. People also turn off the cabin lights and open the curtains. But the response was pertaining to seeing into the cabin, which you can do at night.