Increase in Taxes and Fees

shof515

I noticed when i do a mock booking for my sailing it says the taxes, fees,etc is $273.94. On my invoice and e-docs I only paid $251.70 with this note:

Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are subject to change and Carnival Reserves the right to collect any increases in effect at the time of the sailing even if the fare has already been paid in full

I know from the past that carnival gives a credit if the taxes are less then what you paid. Does this mean when i board the ship in 2 weeks i will see a $22.25 charge on my sail n sign card?

I noticed when i do a mock booking for my sailing it says the taxes, fees,etc is $273.94. On my invoice and e-docs I only paid $251.70 with this note:

I know from the past that carnival gives a credit if the taxes are less then what you paid. Does this mean when i board the ship in 2 weeks i will see a $22.25 charge on my sail n sign card?

CCL does have the right to increase your taxes. However, I've heard of people (including us) getting credit for lower taxes but have not heard of anyone complaining that they raised their taxes. I'm sure there would have been posts on CC if that happened.

as long as no changes are made to your booking between now and the time you cruise you will not be charged the increase.

Bill

Right you will only be charged the diff if you change your booking. This does include doing a price drop! I got a $50 price drop once, but the taxes & fees had gone up like $17, so the price drop ended up only being $33 instead of the $50 I was excpecting, but o well, $33 was still better than nothing!