Found a Budget Rental Car discount code

Eeyoregon

I already have a Budget car rented and I just called them. They are listed as downtown,port of miami and they do not have a shuttle to the port. They said a cab ride is $13 to 15 dollar. Just thought I would let you know. If you all are booking a different location than Miami then sorry I guess I did not read that.

I already have a Budget car rented and I just called them. They are listed as downtown,port of miami and they do not have a shuttle to the port. They said a cab ride is $13 to 15 dollar. Just thought I would let you know. If you all are booking a different location than Miami then sorry I guess I did not read that.

I'm picking up in Fort Lauderdale at the airport and returning to the downtown Miami location, which is 1.6 miles from the Port of Miami. We are a group of 8 so the driver in our group will drop all of us and our luggage at port and then run the van back to the rental office and taxi it back to meet us at the port. MUCH cheaper than dropping off at Miami airport and I'm all about the cheap :D!

Thanks for sharing!! I was using another budget code U1333214, and when I went to make some changes I do not know what I did. I messed up my reservation and couldn't get the same discount. I used the code you provided and I got my discount back. Now I'm happy again!!!

Awesome!! Hey, we sail the SAME day but on different ships :D!!

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone on here doing rental post cruise? I read that there is a shuttle at pot Everglades that will take u to budget location. Has anyone use this? If so, do u have to wait till shuttle is full? We would like to sel disembark early to make the most of our last day in Florida. How quick can we get to budget?

Thanks

• 7 months later...
I found a discount BCD code for Budget Rental Cars that I thought I would share. It is one of their codes so no membership needed and nothing shady about it.

It's good at various locations in Florida and also works on one-way rentals (like between Ft Lauderdale and Miami) as well as some non-airport locations. For my particular mini-van rental it does limit it to 125 miles but on my friends sedan rental, it includes unlimited miles.

The code is Y937800 and works with Budget coupons that you may have in addition from places like Costco, Entertainment Book, etc.

Gina

OMG - Thank you Gina. I just used this code to get a rental for our cruise in a couple of weeks. I was going to use a shuttle service, but then I got nervous since I'm kind of a control freak and didn't want to rely on someone else to get me to the port - lol.

OMG - Thank you Gina. I just used this code to get a rental for our cruise in a couple of weeks. I was going to use a shuttle service, but then I got nervous since I'm kind of a control freak and didn't want to rely on someone else to get me to the port - lol.

Yay! So glad it worked out for you! It is nice to have a car...you can stop and get soda, wine, etc. I like the freedom and control of a car too!

Happy sailing.

Gina

Edited by Eeyoregon

• 2 months later...
Good question. There will be 6 adults + luggage in our group so I am already preparing for suitcases being on all of the floorboards and in laps, LOL! We're going to try it...live and learn.

We could get a full-size passenger van for $57 more but have decided to take our chances since this is a tight budget trip for our group.

We rented a mini van for our cruise last year, we had 6 people in our group (3 adults, 2 teens and a 10 yr old). We fit, but we did have to put a bag or two in between the buckets seats in the 2nd row.

Here's a pic from when we were loading up the van. Another carry on size bag was put on top of the black & white suitcase on the left and the gray garment bag had to be flattened more so that I could see. The luggage was a really tight squeeze, but we managed from Tampa to Miami and back just fine. :D

1.jpg.a213a79a692b6fb045cbbfb672c6c2de.jpg

My problem is I'm 7 people and the code gave me a great rate on a minivan but with luggage, I'm not sure we'll really have enough room. Minivans are large, but depending on how much luggage we have, my husband thinks it will not be large enough. Anybody ever do 7 people with luggage in a minivan? We're just going from FLL to hotel in Coconut Grove so it wont really be a long ride

We rented a mini van for our cruise last year, we had 6 people in our group (3 adults, 2 teens and a 10 yr old). We fit, but we did have to put a bag or two in between the buckets seats in the 2nd row.

Here's a pic from when we were loading up the van. Another carry on size bag was put on top of the black & white suitcase on the left and the gray garment bag had to be flattened more so that I could see. The luggage was a really tight squeeze, but we managed from Tampa to Miami and back just fine. :D

1.jpg.f4fc188e9ba3ec418e19c970d5296ce8.jpg

We're sailing in Sept/Oct. Interestingly enough, the Costco option is a buck cheaper to pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral, but on the return the Y code saved me a bunch (almost half) for pick up at Port Canaveral and drop off at MCO. I had no idea that it could vary so much.

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

We're sailing in Sept/Oct. Interestingly enough, the Costco option is a buck cheaper to pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral, but on the return the Y code saved me a bunch (almost half) for pick up at Port Canaveral and drop off at MCO. I had no idea that it could vary so much.

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

That's funny, we are doing the exact thing in a few weeks. Costco was about $20 less for the first leg of the trip, but the Budget deal blew them out of the water on the return trip.

I'm glad it helped you out and I'm delighted that the code is still working all these months later :).

Gina

That's funny, we are doing the exact thing in a few weeks. Costco was about $20 less for the first leg of the trip, but the Budget deal blew them out of the water on the return trip.

I'm glad it helped you out and I'm delighted that the code is still working all these months later :).

Gina

Hey Gina- For the first leg, did you reserve through Costco.com or through Budget's website? If the latter, what BCD (offer code) and Coupon code did you use?

do you guys buy the LDW or just get that through your credit card company/home car insurance???

I usually just rely on my credit card benefits and my personal auto insurance.

Hey Gina- For the first leg, did you reserve through Costco.com or through Budget's website? If the latter, what BCD (offer code) and Coupon code did you use?

I booked my MCO to Port Canaveral thru costco.com

This post was a good reminder to check our reservation and we were able to save just over 40% on our rental. Another time when Cruise Critic has saved us money. Thanks!

Absolutely! I check my rates at least once a week. When I originally booked my one-way back in June, the rate was $79.68 for a full size car. I have since canceled and rebooked at least 4 times and my total price for a one-way 24 hour rental in a full size car is now $32.28 :D

I am surprised at how many folks make a reservation and are done. They never look back, never check rates again, etc. Personally, I have never paid the original price that I first reserved...it's always much less in the end.

Happy sailing.

Gina

• 1 month later...
I found a discount BCD code for Budget Rental Cars that I thought I would share. It is one of their codes so no membership needed and nothing shady about it.

It's good at various locations in Florida and also works on one-way rentals (like between Ft Lauderdale and Miami) as well as some non-airport locations. For my particular mini-van rental it does limit it to 125 miles but on my friends sedan rental, it includes unlimited miles.

The code is Y937800 and works with Budget coupons that you may have in addition from places like Costco, Entertainment Book, etc.

Gina

This code still works. Just used it to get an intermediate car from Port Canaveral to Melbourne for $36 plus tax. Good rate. Thanks for sharing!

In addition to the Y937800

D436201 is another Budget code. It's a Sear's customer code.

After my Budget car rental last month, they e-mailed me the code to use, and we don't even have a Sears store near where I live, so I'm assuming it's ok to use and just say, yup, I've shopped at Sears.

Anyhow, just wanted to share another code for anyone that keeps them written down in thier cruise notebook for future use.

Cari

:)

Edited by CoquinaKeyNereid

After my Budget car rental last month, they e-mailed me the code to use, and we don't even have a Sears store near where I live, so I'm assuming it's ok to use and just say, yup, I've shopped at Sears.

Anyhow, just wanted to share another code for anyone that keeps them written down in thier cruise notebook for future use.

THANKS for the code!!!!!

Cari

:).

Thanks for the new code. I popped both into my reservation and the Y937800 gives a lower rate still but I'm sure it depends on when/where you're going.

Right now on Budgets website there is a "Wendy" code, D454300, Good through 12/15/13 for Weekend rental. I am in FLL in October for a girls weekend and rented a compact car for $17 a day for 4 days for a total of $110 including taxes. i've done some mock bookings for some October/November dates for Friday to Saturday rentals and Saturday to Sunday rentals and compact cars are $27 all inclusive. I think thats a great deal.

Here is the link, I hope it stays here for others to use.

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_august2013

Edited by girlscruise2011

Right now on Budgets website there is a "Wendy" code, D454300, Good through 12/15/13 for Weekend rental. I am in FLL in October for a girls weekend and rented a compact car for $17 a day for 4 days for a total of $110 including taxes. i've done some mock bookings for some October/November dates for Friday to Saturday rentals and Saturday to Sunday rentals and compact cars are $27 all inclusive. I think thats a great deal.

Here is the link, I hope it stays here for others to use.

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_august2013

Thanks, Girlscruise.

It works. Had a one day rental on Dec 14 for a Dec 15 cruise on the Royal out of FLL for $75, which was a bargain at the time. Rentals are real high for that week. Used this link at got a Ford Edge for $38 taxes included.

Thanks again, Paul