Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thanks Lois! As everyone here I've followed your posts for years and if I have any questions/concerns I'll be sure to ask you :)

Hi Nancy, so did you "BOOK IT"?:D.....Century was my very first.....

she is a lovely ship:)

Thought I'd let everyone know about a great deal I just booked for the April 11, 2010 transatlantic on the Azamara Journey.

The deal includes:

A balcony cabin by myself

Free round trip air from, in my case, Las Vegas.

One night pre-cruise at the Wyndham-Miami Airport

Transfers to the ship

This is a 14 day T/A crossing with stops in the Azores, Gibralter and a couple of stops in Spain, ending in Barcelona.

All of the above with virtually no single supplement for about $160 per day including all taxes and fees (and Azamara now includes gratuities in the cruise fare).

What a deal. I don't expect it to last very long.

I thought that you were going to say something like $50 a day. But after reading your post with all that in included that does sound like a very good deal. Enjoy your cruise. I am able to go to Europe a couple of times a year but I would like someday to do a transatlantic and then spend some time in Europe before coming back home or the other way around.

I disagree with the previous post.

This IS a really good deal--includes ALL the expenses: airfare, tips, pre-cruise hotel, transfers, AND a BALCONY cabin for 14 nights!

That's a heck of a deal! Especially considering airfare included. For those who typically book inside cabins, the total cost per day would be even lower.

If I weren't already psyched about my upcoming cruise, I'd have grabbed this deal, too!

Have a great trip, Ivdave!

EDIT: Oops! My bad! I just saw that the OP also realized that this was indeed a good deal. Now...find my glasses!

Edited by Tenngal

Thought I'd let everyone know about a great deal I just booked for the April 11, 2010 transatlantic on the Azamara Journey.

The deal includes:

A balcony cabin by myself

Free round trip air from, in my case, Las Vegas.

One night pre-cruise at the Wyndham-Miami Airport

Transfers to the ship

This is a 14 day T/A crossing with stops in the Azores, Gibralter and a couple of stops in Spain, ending in Barcelona.

All of the above with virtually no single supplement for about $160 per day including all taxes and fees (and Azamara now includes gratuities in the cruise fare).

What a deal. I don't expect it to last very long.

Wow! That is a deal. Nowhere to be found now. You truly were lucky. Have fun!

lvdave -- What a deal! I'm doing a TA on 3/22/10 for 10 days on Regent, Ft. Lauderdale to Funchal. Since Regent is all inclusive, including air, I'm paying $3,544 and I thought that was a steal! If it wasn't just 18 days away, I would consider cancelling and changing to Azamara. It seems like the only thing not included on Azamara is alcohol!!

Have a great time!

I booked a 7 night Western Mediterranean cruise for under $1000 incl taxes, because I found a single inside cabin. A different port everyday.

Great itinerary. 3 ports in Italy, plus Marseille, Tunis, and Palma de Mallorca.

Anyone else going? Also any advice on tours or places to see?

And what types of dancing do they do on the Concordia? Anyone know?

Joan

I thought this was a good deal... (available on Celebrity website):

Cruise:1,179.00Tax:109.86 TOTAL:1,288.86

Celebrity Century

Guest(s): 1 Adults

Dates: Mon 03-May-2010 to Mon 10-May-2010

Itinerary:

Miami, Florida , At Sea , George Town, Grand Cayman , Cozumel, Mexico , Playa Del Carmen, Mexico , Key West, Florida

Vista Deck, Concierge Class (Veranda with fresh flowers, fruit and welcome Champagne, private embarkation)

Plus found airfare extremely reasonable for those dates. ($84 to MIA on AA 5/2), return flight under $200.

... I've never been on Celebrity, but I think I'll be booking this cruise. I've been searching for a good deal for ages, and this seems to fit the bill for me.

PAT, I know it's not the ports you'd prefer, but maybe something to consider :p

Hi Summit

Just wanted to tell you that I just love the Summit!

I was on the last 14 night- Classical Mediterranean Cruise

( Oct. 31-Nov 14) staying 2 days before in Barcelonia , Spain

Barcelonia,Nice, Florence, Rome, Rome, Naples, Athens, Istanbul, Mykonos, Split, Croatia and ending in Venice, Italy. I had a Balcony on the Sky Deck and it was just out of this world , the pictures I have are something else.

You are going to love this ship , and the service is great!

Pom

Hi Summit

Just wanted to tell you that I just love the Summit!

I was on the last 14 night- Classical Mediterranean Cruise

( Oct. 31-Nov 14) staying 2 days before in Barcelonia , Spain

Barcelonia,Nice, Florence, Rome, Rome, Naples, Athens, Istanbul, Mykonos, Split, Croatia and ending in Venice, Italy. I had a Balcony on the Sky Deck and it was just out of this world , the pictures I have are something else.

You are going to love this ship , and the service is great!

Pom

Hi Pom, I love SUMMIT too:D been on her twice and sailing her

one more time in May.

But I think Nancy is sailing on CENTURY;)...not SUMMIT.

I booked a 7 night Western Mediterranean cruise for under $1000 incl taxes, because I found a single inside cabin. A different port everyday.

Great itinerary. 3 ports in Italy, plus Marseille, Tunis, and Palma de Mallorca.

Anyone else going? Also any advice on tours or places to see?

And what types of dancing do they do on the Concordia? Anyone know?

Joan

I don't know about dancing, but every morning they have an exercise class right in front of the Big Screen on the pool deck. It always had a lot of people and the instructors knew their stuff. They looked like they were having a lot of fun doing it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow solos,

I just booked a B2B on the Caribbean Princess, this is a great deal at $832 with tax for single occupancy BALCONY. Week is April 4, fast deal #17868. The following week, April 11, is a little bit less ($817). Come sail solo with me!

Shauna

Edited by 50Ways2Leave

I just booked Princess Crown 5 days inside Dec.18 at the pp rate for 1 total $555.00. This makes it only $100.00 per day and it could go down this far out. This is the first time I have ever on Princess had no extra cost for single.

Thanks for update--would love to see something like this in the summer.:)

I just booked Princess Crown 5 days inside Dec.18 at the pp rate for 1 total $555.00. This makes it only $100.00 per day and it could go down this far out. This is the first time I have ever on Princess had no extra cost for single.

retta>>you sure got a good deal on this one. it is now $1163 inside...double!

Wow..that is a toal bummer, I hope you will be able to go. How long are you out for? Best wishes for a quick recovery and hoping you get to cruise:)

Update: if my job doesn't screw me over and renig on my vacation, since I'm out on sick leave - just out of hospital. :mad::(

Wow..that is a toal bummer, I hope you will be able to go. How long are you out for? Best wishes for a quick recovery and hoping you get to cruise:)

Was out most of this week, then 2 more weeks. Problem is I return on 4/5 and cruise is 5/3.

Also other issues going on at work. Not looking good; but I have 5 weeks vacation this year and have taken only 3 days of it. Unfortunately I've had to take some personal (for elderly mother) and sick days (from same thing I was in hosp for). But, after 22 years you'd think they'd give me a break!

Say a prayer, keep your fingers crossed. Saddest thing this is the first time I'm actually going with a friend. I usually go solo - and have met some life-long friends (Hi Pat! Hi Jack! Hi Laura! and many not on the solo boards). Now my GF will have to go by herself - her first cruise to boot!

Ok, enuf whining for now. Thanks for listening! :rolleyes: