NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

My favorite ship i have been on so far is probably Royal's Monarch of the Seas. It was just a great ime and alot of fun me and my Mom. She never travels so between that and getting to spend time with her it was a great sea adventure.

The Carnival Fascination was my first and most special since me and the DH took it as part of our honeymoon.

The Carnival Glory was a great ship but the staff was less then great so it soured me on that ship for now.

P

• 1 month later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR NY Metro Cruisers....

Where is everyone cruising to this 2013?

We're doing the Norwegian Breakaway inaugural sailing from NYC to Bermuda May 12 as our honeymoon since we never had one. Then we're on The Allure of the Seas August 11th with family and friends. There is also a possible Christmas - New Years sailing on the Norwegian Gem, but that we have not booked as of yet.

Edited by Lipz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just joined this board. Me and my partner are taking our first cruise in a few weeks, Feb 28th on Celebrity Constellation western Caribbean. We are both really excited. Hopefully the atmosphere will be gay friendly. If we end up enjoying the cruise we will look to book a longer cruise later in the year ( after our July trip to Italy ). We are in Manhattan by the way.

Originally from NJ (near Montclair/Clifton) but now from Atlanta area. My partner, Ron, was originally from CT via FL. He books cruises (any ship - any port)and we have been on 7 since Sept 2010 when I moved in with him. He specializes in groups so we generally have some travel mates (Gay & straight). We love just getting a bunch together and setting sail. Almost always meets others aboard (the best being the Allure of the Seas when we had a group of about 40 at the FOD meetings). Hope we get to meet up one day.:)

Edited by VicCGA

• 4 weeks later...
when are you going on the Breakaway?

Is wish we were already booked on the Breakaway ... but alas we only have one cruise planned .. The Royal Princess in The Med in July. The Breakaway looks nice, but we will "suffer" with the RP for now !

• 2 months later...
The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday. He didn't know on what or to where we were going until I got him to Port Liberty in Bayonne.

Pied Piper is a gay travel agency out of NYC. The fares are discounted and you travel as a group on a regular cruise but you don't have to be with the group in all of their functions (but the free cocktail parties are a definite must participate). We've traveled twice with them. Pied Piper was our first cruise.

If you'd like to talk more about similar cruising interests feel welcome to e-mail us at Montclair2Guys[at]aol[dot]com.

Paul

Aquafest Cruises is another agency that puts together gay groups on regular cruises. My partner and I sailed with them recently on a Celebrity transatlantic. It was our first sailing as part of a group. We thought they did a great job and would definitely sail with them again.

I was on the 2-night Breakaway inaugural and was really impressed by the ship! A new, great option for NYC and I can't express how convenient it is to leave from here and not have to worry about flights before or after the cruise!

My wife and I are just off the Breakaway inagural sailing to Bermuda and had a blast!!!....we are now ready for the Allure of the Seas in August!

Ooo, another ship I would love to sail! Let us know how it is!

lol...will do!

I see you were on the Breakaway and didn't like the layout of the buffet either. I prefer the food station buffet and the fact that when you walk in you can see around the space, the guest and the food. This 'square' buffet set up was yucky to me.

I love your Breakaway photos, you have great pictures of the public spaces which I did not.

I'm going to check out your GEM review next, we are cruising her in December for the Christmas/New Years sailing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone begun planning for 2014 yet?

We are looking at Hawaii on NCL's Pride of America, last sailing in May. I'm also thinking about RCCL's Quantum of the Seas.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My partner and I (30 and 31) live in New Jersey and would love to meet some cool guys to talk about travel destinations, etc. Hit me up!

Hello. My husband and I (41 & 40) also live in NJ. We love cruising. Where in NJ are you?

Nice! A few weeks back we did a trip to Florida and Bahamas on NCL Gem. It was only out second cruise though...your list is never ending lol

LOL.. we just LOVE cruising. it is the only vacation we will do. I love everything about it. We did the NCL Gem on an overnight out of NYC. In January, we are gonna do the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC on the new NCL Breakaway. The cruises to nowhere are fun and its a great weekend getaway.