Disappointed in Club Class

Mo_Cruising

I was on the Grand April 23 Hawaii cruise and my waiters were confused what the big deal was with it. One waiter laughed and said "so what" they wear a different uniform. No thanks, I will put that money towards another cruise.

Sure seems to be how it appears.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a waiter on Princess pull out a 'crumber' to sweep the table-cloth.

I saw it on the Pacific Princess last month.....:):):)

Bob

I agree with Bob. I can't remember a time when our waiter did not sweep the crumbs. I usually joke that I'm a bit messy. :D

They sure pulled them out in May when we were on the Coral! I was really surprised! I just cannot say anything negative about our CC experience. We met lots of new folks in CC and really enjoyed just sitting in the dining room after dinner with drinks or an Irish coffee and chatting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same on the Island and the Star last month. One night we chatted with another couple for about three hours, the staff's only concern was if we wanted more coffee. CC is wonderful and we will take advantage of it whenever possible.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a waiter on Princess pull out a 'crumber' to sweep the table-cloth.

Our waiters on our Hawaii Star Princess cruise (anytime dining so several different waiters) did it almost every meal we had. I guess we're just messy. :p

This sounds like they took some staff away from traditional dining to accommodate CC class. I did a mock booking for my 7 day cruise and it was an additional $500 per person between a regular mini suite and a CC mini suite. The rooms were one door away from each other. For that amount of money I can afford to eat in the specialty restaurants, Chefs Table, have a balcony dinner and still come home with change from the $1000. I can't imagine what it would cost for CC on a longer cruise.

I just checked a previously cancelled cruise (27 days April 2019 Sydney to Los Angeles on the Golden). It was $600.00 more if you chose a mini right next to the CC Minis. If you chose a mini that was further forward of aft, the difference was $1000.00.....:):):)

Bob

The MA (now M1 Club Class) minis have always been more expensive than any other category of mini suite. That's the location we like and book ... the price seems normal to us and not an increase because of CC Dining.

No one seems to feel the price of full suites has increased because of CC Dining. :rolleyes:

We had a full suite on Celebrity Infinity and loved the food in Blu. But last summer, on the Silhouette, we were in Aqua class and the food in Blu was mediocre. We tried the MDR about halfway through the cruise and liked it much better (especially escargot every night). Won't spend extra for Aqua ever again.

We are elite plus on Celebrity and have had the same experience only once with Aqua class and ironically it was on the Infinity we have subsequently booked Aqua class several times and have had great experiences. We will be trying Club Class Mini in December on the Ruby based upon our stellar experience with Celebrity

I don't think we'll be routinely booking CC mini's, but did it for our September cruise on the Star for a couple of reasons. One, as someone mentioned, is the prime location. Second and most important, we're finishing up an extensive medical treatment regime and to celebrate want the most stress-free trip possible. Waiting in line for anytime dining or taking our chances with tablemates in traditional dining does not translate to 'stress free' for us. Yes, for the money we could eat in specialty restaurants, but frankly we don't care for the new menu on Sabatini's, and would get bored with the menu eating in Crown Grill every night for 15 nights.

The difference in price doesn't warrant the small perk especially if you're elite status. On a seven night cruise we could eat every night in a specialty restaurant and still pay less had we paid for a club class mini VS a regular mini. Since it comes with a full suite it might be a good perk but not if it costs extra as with a mini suite.

I totally agree with that and for that reason, it has no appeal to me.

We did club class our last cruise and enjoyed the experience so much we have it booked for our next. Don't get me wrong, we are NOT suite people, there are 4 of us sharing our WS. WHY? Because it's only $100 more per person for the WS compared to two insides and we'll easily use that in laundry services.

Do I want to share a room with my adult daughters? Nope, but I will for a suite and club class. As I keep saying, I'd stay in a crew members closet to be on a cruise!

We did club class our last cruise and enjoyed the experience so much we have it booked for our next. Don't get me wrong, we are NOT suite people, there are 4 of us sharing our WS. WHY? Because it's only $100 more per person for the WS compared to two insides and we'll easily use that in laundry services.

Do I want to share a room with my adult daughters? Nope, but I will for a suite and club class. As I keep saying, I'd stay in a crew members closet to be on a cruise!

I like the way you think.....:):):)

Bob

I agree with Bob. I can't remember a time when our waiter did not sweep the crumbs. I usually joke that I'm a bit messy. :D

They always comment when sweeping the crumbs that they are for their chickens! Try not to be too messy. It is the rolls that make the mess! YUMMO!

Usually I book the obstructed view OV cabin mid aft or least expensive balcony mid-aft and hope for an free or cheap upgrade. I will be happy with what I booked but have that hope waiting for the cruise. Last two out of three cruises I have been successful in being up graded but only to a balcony cabin or better positioned balcony cabin.

This time I decided for my ??th birthday to splurge and not book my regular low-end balcony but a club class mini-suite on the Royal. It was only $150 more per day to do that. So now I have the extra room in a great location with a "bigger" balcony. But the main reason I want to try it is for the dining arrangements.

Was on the Ruby last September to Alaska and had anytime dining as I wanted to try it. What a disaster! I thought you didn't need reservations and could go anytime, right? Wrong! The first night we went, they were full and not able to take any more in that dining room and first asked us if we had a reservation!!!!!!! Seems for anytime dining you go the first day and make reservations for the rest of the cruise?! That sort of goes against the whole point of anytime dining, doesn't it? Anyway, they send us up a deck to traditional dining and we have to wait 20 minutes plus for them to get us in up there? So the thought that Club Class looks like it is a "real" anytime dining situation is the reason I want to try it. If it doesn't work than traditional dining is for me!

Pooh

Our wait staff did so on my last cruise 5/28 -6/7 on Grand Princess, late seating of traditional dining.

One evening in Sabatini's, the table of 8 (four couples) all were in CC and they said they'd never sail any other way. They also were NOT in suites but rather CC mini-suites.

They always comment when sweeping the crumbs that they are for their chickens! Try not to be too messy. It is the rolls that make the mess! YUMMO!

Pet peeve of mine is that they only seem to have the crusty rolls in the dining room, while upstairs in the buffet they have some real nice soft rolls.

Personally, my biggest concern with the CC dining is the impact it's having on the regular any time dining. From what I've heard a lot of these tables are sitting completely empty while people are getting turned away from any time dining because the restaurant is full. And then after some of the two-tops are done for a seating of any-time they turn them around to be used for club class, where they end up sitting empty while people can't get a table for two because this space is being wasted. Hopefully over time they'll learn how much they really need to keep in reserve, but it's still something that's being shoehorned into a space not designed for it.

Pet peeve of mine is that they only seem to have the crusty rolls in the dining room, while upstairs in the buffet they have some real nice soft rolls.

I too hate those crusty hard rolls in the dining room! Finally my last Princess cruise, before club class was a thing, I asked if they had any softer rolls and our lovely waiter brought me a basket of the ones from the buffet.

Personally, my biggest concern with the CC dining is the impact it's having on the regular any time dining. From what I've heard a lot of these tables are sitting completely empty while people are getting turned away from any time dining because the restaurant is full. And then after some of the two-tops are done for a seating of any-time they turn them around to be used for club class, where they end up sitting empty while people can't get a table for two because this space is being wasted. Hopefully over time they'll learn how much they really need to keep in reserve, but it's still something that's being shoehorned into a space not designed for it.

What you heard is not what I actually witnessed.

The only time I personally saw space being taken from ATD was when we had a late port in Ensenada. EVERYONE herded to the MDR and of course CC had priority.

Other than that night, CC was steady, with very few empty tables. The space seemed fluid and really was utilized well.

There are so many different opinions on CC and the value/worthiness of it. To each his own, right? We are usually inside room people because we can book more cruises, more often that way. We've done mini suites and I do love them, especially since we travel as a family of 4 but we got a really good deal on a CC cabin next year and I'm looking forward to trying it, but in the end, my family wants to be a stones throw from the IC so I suspect that will continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

We also enjoy a lot of specialty dining, so the opportunity to use the MDR is diminished for us. We often try to do Chef's table, and the specialty restaurants at least 2x each. On our upcoming CC cruise we will have to give up some things to use the MDR more. We also typically cruise 10-15 days.

I also think it's a good thing Princess now has CC for Suite guests. I agree that if you are going to be paying that much to cruise, you should get some perks.

I do enjoy hearing about other's experience in Club Class, and look forward to trying it out myself.

Today we booked a CC midship on the Regal. Reading this thread I'm a bit confused? Is this about CC or crumb sweepers?:evilsmile::halo: Of course I jest but has this thread as gone a bit off course?:eek:;)

Could if be another procedure that varies based on the Princess cruise? :confused:

Based on the price difference & only the dining options being different than the elite benefits, Club Class won't be in our future. But for those willing to pay extra for CC features that's another option for them to consider.

Good point sir.....:):):)

Bob

However, if you are no where near elite status or even platinum, it might be worth it especially if you are cruising for a special occasion. I have decided to give it a try on our next cruise as usually I just go for a regular balcony and this way have a mini-suite in a sweet location. Also, from what I have read about the dining, it gives you the real anytime dining experience. On our last cruise, we did anytime for the first time, but didn't go until our second night (did Crown Grill first night). Needless to say I was blown away when I was asked if I had a reservation?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And when I told him I thought this was anytime dining he just gave me that look and proceeded to tell me (this was at 6:30pm) that he could not get me into the anytime dining restaurant at anytime that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, for real. Then he sent me upstairs to the other dining room where I had to wait 30 more minutes to get in. It seems if allowed, anytime dining becomes traditional dining at your time as they were booked solid for the entire cruise!!!! We just ate really early from then on or did speciality. So, if the dining works as outlined, it will be great for us as we can go at ANY time and actually get in with little or no wait!!!

Will let you know how it goes!

Pooh