Best Western oceanside inn Ft.Lauderdale

LimeNoSalt

Has anyone ever stayed at the Best Western(Oceanside Inn)

in Ft Lauderdale ---

The address is 1180 Sea Breeze Blvd.

My question is ---how is the area? Is it a safe area to be taking the water taxi till late at night?

I know it is close to the ships port and sometime those areas are kinda isolated and industrial.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

That area is an older neighborhood but it's fine - It's a mix of houses, condos, and other hotels. It's almost on the beach, close to the port, but you won't know it - It's not an isolated/industrial area at all!!! As far as safety goes, it's not an especially dangerous area, but as with anywhere else you do need to take precautions and not make yourself a target!

We stayed there 1 week last March before boarding Summit. The Hotel is next door to the Sheratin Yankee Clipper. We did not find the area a problem but then again we are not late night people. We walked most places or took the water taxi. The water taxi did stop at the Days Inn across the Street from the Yankee Clipper during the evening but I don't know how late this stop was continued. The biggest problem at night we found is getting across the street at the crosswalks. But as was mentioned above you have too take care at night most anywhere you are not familiar with. Enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Oceanside.

• 10 years later...

My wife and I (aged 60 plus) have stayed at the Oceanside Best Western a few times now and plan to stay again very soon. We find the location ideal. It is close to the cruise port and within walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. The hotel is clean and comfortable and good value in the realm of what Florida accomodations charge to stay. We have walked to restaurants in the evening on numerous occasions and have always felt safe and never threatened in any way. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. I hope that this post will be of use.

• 1 year later...

I want to point out that the above poster brought up an 11 year old thread.

Firstly, it is in a VERY upscale area.

The hotel has also been completely redone recently.

I love this hotel and I'd stay here or put family here in a heartbeat.

• 3 months later...