Bringing alcohol on board in San Juan

police46

Being that your name is police46 I am not sure if you are looking for the correct way or the rule breaking way.

a simple answer to your direct question is that you can only take 1 bottle of wine per adult. no other alcohol. that is the rules as per Carnival.

Being that your name is police46 I am not sure if you are looking for the correct way or the rule breaking way.

a simple answer to your direct question is that you can only take 1 bottle of wine per adult. no other alcohol. that is the rules as per Carnival.

Rule, or not...........San Juan seems to be the exception. We walked through security with several bottles of liquor and they said nothing. Took it right to our cabin and we were not trying to hide it. Carried it on in the bags from the liquor store at the port.

Rule, or not...........San Juan seems to be the exception. We walked through security with several bottles of liquor and they said nothing. Took it right to our cabin and we were not trying to hide it. Carried it on in the bags from the liquor store at the port.

the question was whether you can bring alcohol or not. the answer is no. If San Juan is looser with the rules or disregards them entirely that does not invalidate the answer.

can you by the rules - no

can you get them in anyway disregarding the rules... probably

if someone aske me if they can wear tatered shorts on elegant night, the answer is no... will they actually stop you... maybe.

The fact is Carnival doesn't always take alcohol from returning passengers. We have walked on not hiding anything and passed thru security without Carnival taking it. Once in San Juan several years ago and last week in Cozumel. We were not hiding anything--they just didn't want to deal with it I think...........

Our last cruise we saw someone getting back on the ship (dream, not sure which port) and saw security chase him down and make him check the alcohol in.

I do plan to buy gasolina in PR and wondering if they will let me get thru security.

Edited by kona_wahine