Upsetting air change by Regent

Eager2Travel

Several months ago we paid $ 300 to Regent to secure definite flights for our March cruise. Yesterday I checked our air arrangements only to learn our outgoing flight was changed without our knowledge. Our TA just emailed that they " re protected us " with this change without telling us. We have no idea what this means or why it happened.

We are almost platinum with Regent and have never had this happen. We are still trying to reach T A by phone.

I love you all but please don' t tell me I need a new TA. That is a different discussion.

Does your original outgoing flight still exist? The airline may have cancelled the flight. Regardless, you should have been notified before the change was made. Was your TA notified by Regent but failed to pass on the notification to you or did Regent drop the ball?

Edited by DaveFr

I am still waiting to hear back from TA regarding whether she was notified. She has not been too available lately but has been very responsive in the past when problems occurred.

I checked with AA a week ago after final pay and they showed us booked on the flight but not ticketed.

All in all this is disconcerting.

Airlines do change scheduled all the time and flights booked many months in advance are the ones to worry about.

Regent would not have gone in and made a change just to mess with your flights, they must have been notified of a concerning issue.

Regent certainly should have notified your TA of what was going on!

Still have not talked to TA but I checked the AA website and our flight no longer appears. Looks like Regent was "protecting" us with the new flight that is similar to ours . I don't know if the lack of notification came from Regent or TA. But at least we know why they made the change.

I do tend toward strong reactions. Sorry about that. Thanks for the responses.

Edited by Eager2Travel