rooms on Solstice/Equinox - 6303,6302,7305,7354

ma_in_ak

Are these balconies really as large as they look on the deck plan? Are these in the "obstructed view" area? I tried to look at photos of the outside of hte ship and it looks ot me like htey are behind where the life boats are but don't want to book one of them to have a larger balcony only to find the balcony isn't really larger and htere is a lifeboat in front of it anyway. Thanks!

I had 6302 booked because of the huge looking balcony according to the deck plans. However this room suddenly developed 30% OBV - it is certainly not the lifeboats as they don't go this far back so I can only assume it is the large 'skirt-like' projections out from the side of the ship that have the solar panels on (the blue bits in the pictures of her). I swapped to a SV....but would also like to hear from anyone who has actually had this room

Edited by little britain

I cant help with the balcony size question.......However, the blue "skirt" is not an issue at all. I stayed in the corner SS on the 6th deck and there was no obstruction. As I have posted earlier, I would definitely book this room again, either on this deck or others.

I had 6302 booked because of the huge looking balcony according to the deck plans. However this room suddenly developed 30% OBV - it is certainly not the lifeboats as they don't go this far back so I can only assume it is the large 'skirt-like' projections out from the side of the ship that have the solar panels on (the blue bits in the pictures of her). I swapped to a SV....but would also like to hear from anyone who has actually had this room

I also can't answer the question but we had 6303 booked and changed at the last minute to a guarantee balcony to save money (unded up in a suite so that was good) I have done several searches myself trying to find out if those cabins do have larger balconies but so far have had no luck.

• 3 months later...

Bumping up again in the hopes that someone has stayed in or seen these cabins. The reason for my interest is that they look like bigger balconies and theyy are in the corner of aft. Look to be private also. Any input would be appreciated, getting ready to book a 11 day Med cruise for may 2010

• 5 months later...

It is on the sticky at the top of the page.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6300

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near? Balcony--aft section

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No real problems. Since the cabin is in the aft section, not much traffic going through.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Got this cabin on the special where you're guaranteed a balcony, but not a specific cabin. Was concerned about it having obstructed view, but it's only obstructed looking down. The balcony floor extends beyond the railing, although I noted that many of the other cabins had downward view obstructed as well, although they were higher up and therefore the angle mitigated the obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large. In fact, about double normal balcony size.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The cabin looked a little smaller than on other ships. Not much storage space.

Any other comments?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18518658&highlight=6300#post18518658

We're booked on the equinox in 7354. Has anyone stayed in this cabin, i was told it was a larger balcony by my TA but that doesn't seem to be the case and I can't get in touch with my TA as we may want to switch. We spend a lot of time sitting out on the balcony reading onh sea days. Thanks for any info provided.

It is on the sticky at the top of the page.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6300

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near? Balcony--aft section

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No real problems. Since the cabin is in the aft section, not much traffic going through.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Got this cabin on the special where you're guaranteed a balcony, but not a specific cabin. Was concerned about it having obstructed view, but it's only obstructed looking down. The balcony floor extends beyond the railing, although I noted that many of the other cabins had downward view obstructed as well, although they were higher up and therefore the angle mitigated the obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large. In fact, about double normal balcony size.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The cabin looked a little smaller than on other ships. Not much storage space.

Any other comments?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18518658&highlight=6300#post18518658

• 1 year later...

I don't know if you are still requiring information about these rooms. I have booked 7305 on Equinox for March 2011 so can report back after then. I too was worried about the size/obstruction factor. I searched the net for pictures and came upon a site that has a video of Eclipse (same class as Solstice) as she entered service. Theres absolutely tons of pics of the rear of the ship - in fact pics of the outside from every angle conceivable! The address is http://web8.506.bces.de/xoops16_cruise/

It is prob a good place to visit to examine the sizes/obstructions of any of the balconies on this class of ship.

As a result of the video I decided to stay with 7305 as it appears to be bigger, the only obstruction I can see is the slight widening of the boat in this area. This will obviously shade the balcony if the sun is in the wrong place but as we are going to the caribbean maybe the shade will be a good thing!!! ;)

Edited by bombalong

• 6 years later...

Hi...we too have 7305 booked on equinox. It is the last side cabin and the balcony is quite a bit larger than "normal" if you Google pics cabin 7305...or 7354..it shows the slanted shape, and the bit of overhang. Enjoy!

Hi...we too have 7305 booked on equinox. It is the last side cabin and the balcony is quite a bit larger than "normal" if you Google pics cabin 7305...or 7354..it shows the slanted shape, and the bit of overhang. Enjoy!

This thread is from 2009!!!!! I think the OP is back from their cruise by now, lol. :'):'):'):'):'):')