All excursions full!

Clinching

Thanks for replies to my query re.wait list. I contacted my TA ,who contacted Regent. They advised I am still on wait list for our requested trip but advised booking another excursion. However, I see now that ALL the excursions in this port are fully booked. I'm beginning to wonder about Regent's "free excursions" that are included in the cruise cost! This was one of the main reasons why we selected Regent. Has this happened to anyone else? Could anyone tell me if they are bound to offer some other trip. Thanks.

As has probably already been posted, excursion wait lists usually clear when you are onboard. For most excursions they keep adding buses until they have enough to accommodate everyone (which is a good thing for some and not so good for others). Having included excursion definitely has positive and negatives. When something seems "free" people book everything they possibly can. Then, either they cancel a few or don't bother to show up (which is pretty rude in my opinion).

Full day excursions can be very grueling. It is amazing when people do not cancel after a couple of very difficult days. The "luxury" part of the experience is being on the ship....... not necessarily trudging around for 10 hours a day.

Actually, if your TA had experience with Regent they would not have had to call Regent since most people know that a high percentage of excursions will open up once you are on board. This cycle of overbooking excursions and cancelling happens all of the time. We will board the Voyager on Sunday (also waitlisted on a couple of excursions) and will probably end up cancelling at least one excursion that we have booked (already cancelled one with Regent) and have no doubt that we will clear the waitlist.

Try not to worry -- just relax and look forward to your cruise.

I second Travelcat's comment. Often when we board the ship we find the tickets for the wait listed excursions waiting for us in our cabin. And, we too, find after several days on a port intensive cruise we forego some excursions and just enjoy the ship.

We always return tickets we don't plan to use so that someone else can take our place.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree, not a bad idea. But will someone unfamiliar with CC Know to go to a sticky? This excursion question is difficult because all do not clear. DW and I wanted to see some petroglyphys in AUS. Because of the size of the tour we never got to go. So not all clear!