Marriott Rewards at Atlantis

theverro

Hello!

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and Marriott recently took over the Atlantis property (sold as their Autograph collection). So my questions is, has anyone booked Atlantis using points just when in Nassau for the day just so that they could use the facilities? And, if someone was to pay for an overnight at Atlantis, it be like booking the Comfort Suites next door where you could show up early and pick up your waterpark wrist bands?

Thank you!

Hello!

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and Marriott recently took over the Atlantis property (sold as their Autograph collection). So my questions is, has anyone booked Atlantis using points just when in Nassau for the day just so that they could use the facilities? And, if someone was to pay for an overnight at Atlantis, it be like booking the Comfort Suites next door where you could show up early and pick up your waterpark wrist bands?

Thank you!

Not sure about using points to book yet, but I do know that you can check in early without getting a room, and get your wristbands for the day. Pools/beach don't open until 9am and waterpark opens at 10am.

I believe that you would still need to pay the surcharges and fees beyond the room rate.

• 2 years later...

Ah ok I see, I have the option of the beach tower for 35,000 or the royal towers for 40,000......I thought maybe the royal tower was significantly easier to check in/closer (i.e. Worth spending the extra 5k in points to save a lot of time) which I would have considered if it was the case which is why I was asking.

• 4 weeks later...

As an update, I was at the Atlantis today. We are on the Norwegian Escape and were were in Nassau from around 12h15 to an all aboard of 6h30. I had booked beach tower for 35,000 and really glad I did. The check in desk is 1 minute walk from where taxi drops you. We were checked in within 5 minutes. They gave us room keys and some vouchers for water bottles. They also gave us wifi information and since I was a platinum member they gave us bonus points. After we got our room key, we walked towards the water park and went to a towel hut to grab our bracelets and towels. So essentially total cost was $4 per person per way for taxi, $67 US resort fee which was paid on check in and 35,000 Marriott points. Pretty good deal compared to the price of the cruise ship excursion and we were likely there longer than the ship excursion since no waiting on a group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As an update, I was at the Atlantis today. We are on the Norwegian Escape and were were in Nassau from around 12h15 to an all aboard of 6h30. I had booked beach tower for 35,000 and really glad I did. The check in desk is 1 minute walk from where taxi drops you. We were checked in within 5 minutes. They gave us room keys and some vouchers for water bottles. They also gave us wifi information and since I was a platinum member they gave us bonus points. After we got our room key, we walked towards the water park and went to a towel hut to grab our bracelets and towels. So essentially total cost was $4 per person per way for taxi, $67 US resort fee which was paid on check in and 35,000 Marriott points. Pretty good deal compared to the price of the cruise ship excursion and we were likely there longer than the ship excursion since no waiting on a group.

Thank you so much for sharing this information!

This is fabulous info. I only have 20k points and was wondering if I should buy 20k or 15k for the grand tower or whatever it's called. I'm going to stick with the beach tower for 35k. Nice way to end to the vacation too. Still so much cheaper than comfort suites, and we have a room that is closer, if needed. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is fabulous info. I only have 20k points and was wondering if I should buy 20k or 15k for the grand tower or whatever it's called. I'm going to stick with the beach tower for 35k. Nice way to end to the vacation too. Still so much cheaper than comfort suites, and we have a room that is closer, if needed. Thank you!

Some hotels allow booking cash plus points, so you may be able to do this without buying any more.

I know this is a dated thread, but it is certainly still viable. We just booked a room for 35k points + resort fee in April and are thrilled.

Worked out great, thank you very much for posting this!

• 2 months later...
I know this is a dated thread, but it is certainly still viable. We just booked a room for 35k points + resort fee in April and are thrilled.

Worked out great, thank you very much for posting this!

I'm headed there in August using points too. What was the highlight for you? Did you ever use the room at all?

• 1 month later...

I just booked The Cove for my date in May b/c that is the only option that allows you to one night in May (apparently their high season) so it cost 45,000 its 49 resort fee and 6 per person. So I still think way cheaper than doing day passes or the cruise...hope I am right. Our ship docks early and doesn't leave until 1159 so we have all day.

Not sure about using points to book yet, but I do know that you can check in early without getting a room, and get your wristbands for the day. Pools/beach don't open until 9am and waterpark opens at 10am.

This has apparently changed since then...or it might be seasonally dependent. Pools open at 10 am and the majority of the waterpark at 11.

I just booked The Cove for my date in May b/c that is the only option that allows you to one night in May (apparently their high season) so it cost 45,000 its 49 resort fee and 6 per person. So I still think way cheaper than doing day passes or the cruise...hope I am right. Our ship docks early and doesn't leave until 1159 so we have all day.

If you're there all day, that should be just about perfect. The waterpark will get significantly less busy after around 3 pm when the majority of cruise passengers have to return to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are traveling to Nassau with Royal Caribbean in December . I keep getting conflicting information. I have called 5 times and had a different response each time. We are using Marriott points to get a room at Atlantis. When we called the reservation number - was told it was a 2 night minimum. Online www could book a 1 night stay. Is the resort fee per person @49.99 plus tax ? Or is it per room? We have been told both- and someone mentioned 25.00 resort fee but an 18.25 misc tax. Can someone help that has been there recently with what the additional fees are? Thanks so much

Resort fee is typically per room, not per person.

Something is screwy with the site. I just tried to see what I got, and for the date I picked, it only showed one of the properties available. But if I changed to Points, it showed me another lower cost room.

And when I unchecked points, and refreshed, it showed several choices, but when I clicked on one, I got an "Unexpected Error."

Strange.

Due to our cruise itinerary getting change to Nassau from St Martin. I just booked a room in Royal towers for 40,000 points and 53.70 resort fee. I thought you paid that at checkin/out. Any help?

• 10 months later...