5-Glacier Seaplane Exploration in Juneau

Mermaid-ooxx

Has anyone ever done the 5-glacier seaplane expedition out of Juneau? Just curious about thoughts on it. Was it worth the $$? Are you able to get any good pics? Any pros/cons would be welcomed... thnx!

Going on this excursion in July. Little concerned about the incessant rain that I see every day on the port cam

Going on this excursion in July. Little concerned about the incessant rain that I see every day on the port cam

PoppyandNana, I hope you get a flyable day. You're right, there's been more rain than sun this season. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

We just got back from our 2 week adventure in Alaska today and we did the Taku Lodge 5 glacier flightseeing trip. It-was-phenomenal! The view of the glaciers and the blue ice was incredible. Lucky for us, it was slightly overcast which made the blue in the ice just pop! To see the glaciers from the air, really gives you an idea of just how massive they really are. Taku Lodge is a historic lodge and the salmon that was cooked over the alder wood was incredible. Just a great get away from town and all the tourist. The serenity and beauty of the glaciers and lodge was fantastic. Do this excursion....you won't be disappointed!

We just got back from our 2 week adventure in Alaska today and we did the Taku Lodge 5 glacier flightseeing trip. It-was-phenomenal! The view of the glaciers and the blue ice was incredible. Lucky for us, it was slightly overcast which made the blue in the ice just pop! To see the glaciers from the air, really gives you an idea of just how massive they really are. Taku Lodge is a historic lodge and the salmon that was cooked over the alder wood was incredible. Just a great get away from town and all the tourist. The serenity and beauty of the glaciers and lodge was fantastic. Do this excursion....you won't be disappointed!

I have booked this same tour for July and I appreciate learning your comments about it.

How difficult/easy was it to get into and out of the float planes? That is my one concern about this tour.

I have booked this same tour for July and I appreciate learning your comments about it.

How difficult/easy was it to get into and out of the float planes? That is my one concern about this tour.

It wasn't bad....there are 3 steps in/out of the plane, and they will help you. The planes are anchored down pretty good so they dont move. Just remember to duck your head! :)

Mitch2016,

Many thanks for your reply to my question! During my 2nd cruise to Alaska in 1996, I did a float plane trip to Misty Fjords, landed on a lake, got out of the plane and stood for a few minutes on its floats. That tour is #1 in my memory of shore excursions!

I am looking forward to this one and your response encourages me that it will be safely doable for me.