REVIEW Star Princess NB Vancouver to Whittier June 3 2017

BoopTennis

You mentioned doing laundry "later in the week".... I've read posts stating that some of the laundry rooms close for parts of the cruise. Do you know WHEN they close...and when they re-open? I'm trying to plan clothing needs and would like to know when I can do laundry. :)

There seemed to be one laundry room on each deck that had cabins - some decks had it near the aft and some had it more near the forward of the ship. There was a sign on the door that said the hours, 8 am until i think it was 10 pm. For sure they did not unlock the door until 8 am. I never ran into a time where it was not open on any particular day. (But I didn't go in there every day). There certainly was no sign or info about laundry room being closed on certain days. I know I used it on both a port day and a sea day

Was the "Hike & Float" in Skagway a Princess excursion or private?

The Hike & Float we did directly thru an independent company. I think if you google "skagway Hike & Float" you will get to their website.

Wow we are doing pretty much the same land tour when we get off the Coral next week! Loved seeing a little "preview!" :)

great! if you have any other questions, let me know. There is a lot to do in that area! have a GREAT trip! what all are you going to try to fit in?

great! if you have any other questions, let me know. There is a lot to do in that area! have a GREAT trip! what all are you going to try to fit in?

We have a 7.5 hour cruise with Kenai Fjords. Also want to see Girdwood on the way to Seward, Exit Glacier, Sealife Center and wildlife conservatory. Everything you did basically! Would love to get to Portage too if possible.

We have a 7.5 hour cruise with Kenai Fjords. Also want to see Girdwood on the way to Seward, Exit Glacier, Sealife Center and wildlife conservatory. Everything you did basically! Would love to get to Portage too if possible.

I hope you get it all in! It's all so beautiful.

One thing about the 7.5 hour tour - on their way out of Resurrection bay they might hit some choppy waters for awhile. It calms down later. But several people on our tour got motion sickness. Not fun. I have a tendency myself to do that with smaller boats so wore a patch "just in case", and felt fine. An adult son took some Bonine and was fine. But several passengers i saw were not "fine" . If anyone in your group has a tendency for that, just take something in advance. It's a great trip tho I am so glad we did that!

have fun!

What was the company that you used to get from Whittier to Anchorage, and how much did they charge?

Thanks for a great review!

We used Alaska Cruise Transportation (A.C.T.)

https://alaskacruisetransfer.com/

Charge for our shuttle was $30 or $35 per person. It is narrated but there are no stops going to Anchorage. Its a coach bus and all your luggage goes with you. I believe they have other options that include stops along the way. It worked out really well to get us to our rental cars at ANC airport

Yes, A.C.T. has half-day transports that make 1 stop... Full day transports that make a couple of stops (...which I believe includes lunch though I'm not certain on that...) and of course, the 'Transport only' which just goes directly to Anchorage with no tour stops at all. That is what we're opting for as well...to get to Anchorage, get our rental car and begin our DIY land tour as soon as possible...

They offer discounts if you book FAR in advance... (perhaps good information for those planning a cruise for next year) We booked last October for our cruise the end of this summer.;) (they have a 45 day cancellation policy)

We'll also be in a balcony on Baja. Did your cabins have the extra drop down beds on the wall? I hope not...seems like they would take up space when there's not a lot anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll also be in a balcony on Baja. Did your cabins have the extra drop down beds on the wall? I hope not...seems like they would take up space when there's not a lot anyway.

No, none of our cabins had pull down beds. I think there is a way online to figure out which cabins have that capability but I don't remember how to do it.

No, none of our cabins had pull down beds. I think there is a way online to figure out which cabins have that capability but I don't remember how to do it.

Just thought of something else I want to ask about the Baja cabins.

Did you find the beds comfortable? I have been considering requesting a foam topper. Hope I don't need to do that. Thanks...

Just thought of something else I want to ask about the Baja cabins.

Did you find the beds comfortable? I have been considering requesting a foam topper. Hope I don't need to do that. Thanks...

Hi, I was very comfortable. I have used the foam topper in past on other ships but did not request it this time, maybe didn't even think about it. (But I don't usually find beds troublesome). My husband also said he slept good on this bed.

I hope you get it all in! It's all so beautiful.

One thing about the 7.5 hour tour - on their way out of Resurrection bay they might hit some choppy waters for awhile. It calms down later. But several people on our tour got motion sickness. Not fun. I have a tendency myself to do that with smaller boats so wore a patch "just in case", and felt fine. An adult son took some Bonine and was fine. But several passengers i saw were not "fine" . If anyone in your group has a tendency for that, just take something in advance. It's a great trip tho I am so glad we did that!

have fun!

It can be very rough. I took something and still was pretty green but didn't actually get sick. This was several years ago. I am not booking this excursion till we are a couple of days out so I can see a marine forecast. Hope you have good weather.

• 2 weeks later...