Taxi costs

patrinka

Can anyone tell me what a taxi from the Sydney airport to Sheraton on the Park might cost for 2 passengers? Also from Sheraton to cruise terminal for Celebrity?

Thanks!

Hi Patrinka

I use a site called taxifare calculator to check these fares.

Have a look at http://www.taxifare.com.au/

Quick check indicates about A$40 from airport to Sheriton and less than A$10 from Sheriton to Circular Quay (where the Celebity Solstice docks)

These are about right, but can vary depending on day of week and time of day.

What I do however when we go to Sydney (usually to catch a cruise ship) is to pre book a hire car. I use a mob called Town Cars (http://www.towncars.com/) and they have a fixed charge of A$49 from airport to the Quay...probably a bit cheaper to the hotel.

Lovely way to start your holiday in Sydney...usually a white Ford, with uniformed driver etc, but last time they provided a Black Mercedes...granddaughter loved it :p

cheers

Concur with Flipper.

Sheraton on the Park is on Elizabeth St and the taxi may go around the block to get the correct approach if he uses the motorway. Should be a quick trip provided you are not travelling early to mid morning on a week day. Airport is only about 7 miles from the city.

Alternatively, if travelling light you could take the airport link train and alight 2 stops past Central Station at StJames and take the Elizabeth St exit, cross the street and turn left up Elizabeth for about 50yds. We are comfortable doing this but many others are not.

Hugh

Do NOT use a shuttle company in Sydney.

If unsure why read trip advisor and you'll soon see.

Depending on time of arrival (early am is particularly bad) etc the taxi may cost as much as $60 so don;t think you are being ripped off.

The other thing to remember (in Sydney/Bne/Melbourne at least) is that just about all taxi cabs run on LPG...and as a result have a huge gas cylinder in their boot(trunk). This takes up about half the available room for luggage and often I have had to travel with a bag or two stowed in the back seat.:eek:

The exception are the Station wagons... but it is hit and miss if you can get one of those.

This is just another reason why I pre book a limo (hire car). They can accommodate your luggage fine.

cheers

Hi patrinka, a taxi will cost you approximately $50AUD from the airport. I know that Sheraton on the Park offers a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel that runs from 6am-9pm each day, and the route is around 30mins long. It costs around $15AUD per person for a one way trip. Maybe give the hotel a call for more info?

From hotel to cruise terminal, you're best off with a taxi and it shouldn't cost more than $10-15AUD. Hope this helps!

Edited by ab2010

The exception are the Station wagons... but it is hit and miss if you can get one of those.
If you're at the airport, just ask the despatcher/marshal for an appropriately-sized taxi. You might need to wait a couple of minutes, but that's all it takes. No hassle.