Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

I put together a spreadsheet to consolidate the cabin and balcony sqft info. This should be helpful to have on one page. I was struggling between browsers tabs and NCL and CC threads to ascertain what should be a simple quest.

I'm counting on you all to help fill in the blanks. All assistance, comments, and suggestion for improvements are welcome.

As you can see the Doc needs more input. :p Specifically I know it needs the knowledgeable CC members help with;

S9 balconies really 54 sqft?

S6 note #4 accuracy?

M1 note #6 regarding sqft?

Note #9 bump/angle balconies increased sqft %?

B6 sqft in and out?

M6 balcony sqft really varies?

MX and BX need info.

Any additional columns needed such as; tubs, # of bathrooms ;), king or queen bed, # of cabins per category, indicate fore, mid, aft location of cabin cat?

I will update/edit often.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Edited by bear3412
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think the 2 HC M1 Mini Suite Cabins, 10916 and 10316 on deck 10 are off. On the NCL UK website, which give much better descriptions it shows total sq. foot of 377 with the inside being 312 sq. ft. and the balcony 65 sq. ft. It also shows both HC cabins to have the same inside and balcony sq. footage. I'm wondering if the deck plan photo is off or if their description of the two rooms are off. We'll never know until someone stays in each room and reports back!

Breakaway 10316 (10916 says the same thing)

Aft-Facing Mini-Suite With Balcony 10

Standard Capacity - 2 , Wheelchair Accessible Stateroom Cabin

Includes Total Square Footage (377) , Safety Deposit Box ,

Shower , Wheelchair Accessible , Port Side , Floor To

Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Sprinklers , Telephone ,

Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Television , Internet Access ,

Clothes Line In Bathroom , Cabin Square Footage (312) ,

Convertible King Size Bed , Desk , Hair Dryer , Tea And

Coffee Maker , Private Balcony , Balcony Square Footage (65) ,

Aft Section , Pier Aft

Wow! You are very talented. This is an excellent resource.

:D I got you didn't I?

You were correct, I had left out that S6's are on deck 14.

I saw your correction just as you posted and I immediately added that info.

Corrections and omissions is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a suspicion I had you questioning what you saw, and you edited your post lol

Edit wasn't necessary though but I appreciate the thought. ;)

Thanks for the praise. Not bad for my first Google Doc.

I'm pleased with the outcome. It was much easier to create than I anticipated. Gotta love Google. :)

Now if we could only verify the data.

I think the 2 M1 HA cabins on deck 10 aft have varying sizes due to different balcony sizes. If you look on the deck plans it would appear that the balcony of cabin 10916 looks bigger than 10316.

I see what you mean. On NCL's plans it shows the balcony divider port of the gray area. That would indicate the starboard balcony would be larger.

I tweaked the Doc. indicating this info.

Perhaps in some of the aft photos this divider could be seen?

Is it to the left or right of gray area, or centered?

Thanks for the info

Great resource. Thanks for taking the time

I think the S4 is 43 SQF but I am not positive

Many sources indicate this number. As much as I would hope they are 43sqft, NCL's site clearly states interior sqft feet as 516 and total around 543, of course we do have to consider the source. ;)

I also keep thinking back to the comment from the man in the small tub.

He commented the balcony was tiny. I'm resistant to accept a 43 sqft balcony would be interpreted as tiny, especially after being in that tub. :D

Perhaps NCL's designers wanted the tub and balcony to complement each other. :eek:

Anyone onboard bring a tape measure? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback

I put together a spreadsheet to consolidate the cabin and balcony sqft info. This should be helpful to have on one page. I was struggling between browsers tabs and NCL and CC threads to ascertain what should be a simple quest.

I'm counting on you all to help fill in the blanks. All assistance, comments, and suggestion for improvements are welcome.

As you can see the Doc needs more input. :p Specifically I know it needs the knowledgeable CC members help with;

S6 note #4 accuracy?

B6 sqft in and out?

MX and BX need info.

Any additional columns needed such as; tubs, # of bathrooms ;), king or queen bed, # of cabins per category, indicate fore, mid, aft location of cabin cat?

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

You're awesome - thank you!

So I'm confused as to where the numbers ("85-106") for the M6 balconies come from in the spreadsheet. So while both the NCL websites (EU and USA) sites state cabin square footage at 204, you must be basing the numbers in the spreadsheet on one of two assumptions: either the ncl-dot-eu site is wrong with their numbers (which states a balcony size as 118, or the US site is wrong where it says the total combined square footage is 310 (meaning the balcony is more like 106 sq ft. Personally I'd be more apt to believe the first number, because based upon the handful of photos we've seen posted with view's of the M6 and B6 cabins from above, one can easily conclude that the M6's is a little over twice the depth of the B6. But I guess we won't know for sure until we get some folks to post actual measurements during/after their cruise.

So I'm confused as to where the numbers ("85-106") for the M6 balconies come from in the spreadsheet......

Yes I used the US site info. Total between 289-310, interior at 204.

So;

289-204=85 balcony

310-204=106 balcony

I agree though the balconies appear deeper than 10 feet.

I asked if and why these balconies would vary in size. Don't know. They all look the same to me. Perhaps at the ends they vary.

So reports from UK site on two categories, one being larger and one smaller.

Well at least they are consistently inconsistent. :D

I was looking for any pattern.

It will be interesting who's closer to as built.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by bear3412

I think the 2 HC M1 Mini Suite Cabins, 10916 and 10316 on deck 10 are off. .......

I understand. It's difficult to accurately pin down these values when different sources have conflicting info.

However if the B1 next door has a 60-75 sqft balcony, which I believe is close if not accurate, than can't we conclude the M1 HC is twice as big though.

Also it apears to me the M1 HC is twice as big intrnally as the neighboring B1 at 175 internal. So 175 x 2 = 350sqft internally which is greater than the UK's site of 312. OK getting a headache now. :D Don't even know my point now. lol.

Of course you could be right that the Deck Plans are off. :eek:

If that's true 1/4 of the info is trash. Nothing would surprise me though.

Interesting how the UK and US sites vary though.

Do any of the sqft designations exactly match inside and out?

Perhaps I should add another Note to the M1 HC.

Am I supposed to use HC or HA for Handicap Accessible cabin?

Thanks

Edited by bear3412

:D I got you didn't I?

You were correct, I had left out that S6's are on deck 14.

I saw your correction just as you posted and I immediately added that info.

Corrections and omissions is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a suspicion I had you questioning what you saw, and you edited your post lol

Edit wasn't necessary though but I appreciate the thought. ;)

Thanks for the praise. Not bad for my first Google Doc.

I'm pleased with the outcome. It was much easier to create than I anticipated. Gotta love Google. :)

Now if we could only verify the data.

Yes, Mr. Bear you did get me. In my defense it was way past my bedtime but I was still up feeding my cc addiction. I saw your great spreadsheet and thought I detected an omission, but literally seconds after hitting the "Submit" button, the spreadsheet showed deck 14 for the S6s. So I assumed I had misread the spreadsheet due to my sleepiness. But you were QUICK. ;)

S6 note #4 accuracy?

B6 sqft in and out?

MX and BX need info.

Thanks

Great Job. Thanks :)

you have the balcony of B1 at 70sp ft, the thing is that they range in size depending on the deck. I am on the second largest deck (12) and my balcony is 140 sq ft, I think the largest one on deck 9 could be around 150sq ft.

By the way if it is ok with you I am adding this source to my review, this is an incredible source of information. Thank you.

Is that a permanent link that I can add to my review? or will the Http address change?

Edited by gambee

I sure hope your numbers are wrong on the S4 family suite. It is showing up as the smallest balcony on the ship. That, combined with rumors that the Vibe will be a for-fee location for Haven guests really makes me unhappy. I know the suites are still wonderful, but NCL's charging a premium for limited space is really a step in the wrong direction.

S6 note #4 accuracy?

B6 sqft in and out?

MX and BX need info.

Thanks

I have seen the large balcony updated to 226, but on my NCL it has it listed at 245. So perhaps the balcony is 70 sqf.

I have seen the large balcony updated to 226, but on my NCL it has it listed at 245. So perhaps the balcony is 70 sqf.

I thought it was 226 then updated to 245. Doesn't matter, I put both values in. It's one or the other. lol

Perhaps add another Note that says still clueless. :D

I sure hope your numbers are wrong on the S4 family suite. ....

I hope so too. I always thought they were 43sqft.

I'm going to add another note to the S4 regarding the ambiguity surrounding these balconies.

It would be a shame someone not consider these awesome S4's due to error in balcony sqft. This is the cat we wish to sail in.