Oasis of the Seas class in Singapore 2015

From Singapore Marina Bay Cruise Terminal official website.

Once the terminal is fully operational in 2015, you'll be able to take great photographs of the Oasis-class cruise liners coming into berth. Built at a cost of S$1.55 billion, and 360 metres long, these are the largest passenger ships in the world.

With Allure of the Seas going due to dry dock in 2015 this would be the most likely be the ship. The USA cannot dry dock a Oasis Class ship as they do not have a private one big enough,.

http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/see-and-do/leisure-cruises/marina-bay-cruise-centre-singapore.html

When the new terminal was built , I remember reading an article about RCCL's input into the design. They had a big hand in the layout and I believe the plan was to set it up so the terminal could handle an Oasis class ship turnaround in the future.I think Voyager of the Seas was the first ship to use the facility.

The plan ,as far as I understand , is to have turnaround facilities in Singapore and Hong Kong so that the Oasis ships can then cruise between the two, and the in between calls would only need a dock.

The next stage we need is for the calls to be extended to Australia either Fremantle or Darwin, but I cannot see local leaders forking out huge amounts of money for terminals that will only be of use to a certain size ship and then only when it calls.

Having Oasis ships as close as Singapore to us , I can see a lot of Australians and Kiwis flying up there for a cruise on them.

When the new terminal was built , I remember reading an article about RCCL's input into the design. They had a big hand in the layout and I believe the plan was to set it up so the terminal could handle an Oasis class ship turnaround in the future.I think Voyager of the Seas was the first ship to use the facility.

The plan ,as far as I understand , is to have turnaround facilities in Singapore and Hong Kong so that the Oasis ships can then cruise between the two, and the in between calls would only need a dock.

The next stage we need is for the calls to be extended to Australia either Fremantle or Darwin, but I cannot see local leaders forking out huge amounts of money for terminals that will only be of use to a certain size ship and then only when it calls.

Having Oasis ships as close as Singapore to us , I can see a lot of Australians and Kiwis flying up there for a cruise on them.

Yes we will definitely take it up if it leaves from Singapore a lot cheaper than flying to America, very exciting news

Yes we will definitely take it up if it leaves from Singapore a lot cheaper than flying to America, very exciting news

Fantastic News!!! Bring it on I say :D :D :D

However, I hope they improve transport facilities at the Cruise Terminal because it did not cope very well with VOS & Legend last year when they both arrived together.

Having Oasis ships as close as Singapore to us , I can see a lot of Australians and Kiwis flying up there for a cruise on them.[/quote]

Well, to each their own but the Megaships are not to my liking! Heck the Voyager of the Seas was too large for me with just 3000 passengers so I'm happy to leave the big ones for others to enjoy.

The BEST thing about the Voyager was that because of it's size, it just seemed to glide over any "motion in the ocean". But having said that, I'm booked for a 3-night sampler on her Feb 2015 just to sample the changes after her refit later this year. :)

Edited by gaechann

Fantastic News!!! Bring it on I say :D :D :D

However, I hope they improve transport facilities at the Cruise Terminal because it did not cope very well with VOS & Legend last year when they both arrived together.

Yes I hope the get better soon ... There is railway station opening this year.... Probably after we visit.... Last year we made the mistake of catching a taxi back from clark quay during peak time.... I could see 2 meters running and thought I wonder if we pay the top one or the bottom one....WE PAID BOTH !!! .... Over $30 AU. eek...... Extra for the terminal and extra for rush hour