trickyoat

Gutted. We'd bought a FCD on our last trip knowing we couldn't do 2018, but summer 2019 we would. We're stuck with school holidays (no kids, but I have a teacher!) but there's nothing grabbing us. We've done the Atlantic, Norway and Iceland recently and fancied the some sun, but we can't as there's nothing actually in the school holidays. Oh well, it's only £50 each down the drain, but I won't make that mistake again.

Only sailed with Cunard, maybe it's time to take a look at other lines :(

I'm pretty sure if you phone Cunard and explain that you purchased the FCD in good faith but now their itineraries have been published there is nothing that you fancy they will refund your FCD. Give it a go there's nothing to lose.......also it lets them know that there are still some people who want to fly cruise during the summer holidays.

I know it states that it's not refundable on the info but I have been told differently

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have decided I want to do the QM2 trip in July going to New York via Liverpool, Iceland and Canada. Now to convince everyone else that this is a good idea.

I have convinced myself that it's a very good idea! Will probably book early to get the single cabin I want.

Daisy

Has anyone noticed that it looks like the ships have been slowed down yet again. What is presently a17 day Mediterranean cruise for 2019 becomes a 19 day cruise with the same number of ports. Soon it will be taking three days to reach Lisbon. When I first started cruising we left Southampton on say a Saturday early afternoon and reached Lisbon Monday morning.

I have decided I want to do the QM2 trip in July going to New York via Liverpool, Iceland and Canada. Now to convince everyone else that this is a good idea.

This voyage appeals to me as well. If we take it, we will sacrifice the last two nights and disembark in Halifax as we did three years ago from a six-night crossing. One of the Vancouver-Alaska cruises is equally tempting. We couldn't possibly do both.

Has anyone noticed that it looks like the ships have been slowed down yet again. What is presently a17 day Mediterranean cruise for 2019 becomes a 19 day cruise with the same number of ports. Soon it will be taking three days to reach Lisbon. When I first started cruising we left Southampton on say a Saturday early afternoon and reached Lisbon Monday morning.

14 day Med with QV now has 6 ports instead of 7 as previous

This voyage appeals to me as well. If we take it, we will sacrifice the last two nights and disembark in Halifax as we did three years ago from a six-night crossing. One of the Vancouver-Alaska cruises is equally tempting. We couldn't possibly do both.

might see you aboard then, all 2019 cruises now on UK site, one UK TA has 28th July departure from NY as transatlantic fashion week, true or not?

might see you aboard then, all 2019 cruises now on UK site, one UK TA has 28th July departure from NY as transatlantic fashion week, true or not?

Cunard is indicating that the eastbound crossing 28 July - 4 August, 2019 (voyage M922) will be the 2019 Transatlantic Fashion Week voyage in the new brochure available for downloading on the UK site. A bit odd that they haven't indicated as such in the voyage description on their site though. When you retrieve that particular voyage on the Cunard site it's just called "Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing".

Regards,

John

Cunard is indicating that the eastbound crossing 28 July - 4 August, 2019 (voyage M922) will be the 2019 Transatlantic Fashion Week voyage in the new brochure available for downloading on the UK site. A bit odd that they haven't indicated as such in the voyage description on their site though. When you retrieve that particular voyage on the Cunard site it's just called "Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing".

By the way, if you choose to "Preview our new 2019 cruises" from Cunard's home page, select the "Special event cruises" category, and then select "Transatlantic Fashion Week. 2018 & 2019", it provides a paragraph about the "Special guests in 2019" but does not provide the dates for the 2019 voyage. Then the accompanying link to "Choose Stateroom Fares & Types" actually takes you to voyage M905, a China and Korea 14-night voyage, 19 February - 5 March, 2019. So still some glitches to work out on that one.

The dates are out there.....they are May 21 and 31 and June 10 and 20 from Vancouver. But there is no info that I've seen on prices and when one can book. Its a bizarre way to launch something.....I'm not sure if its a weird marketing tease or just incompetence.

Any clue when Cunard will release the dates of the Alaskan cruises?

The dates are out there.....they are May 21 and 31 and June 10 and 20 from Vancouver. But there is no info that I've seen on prices and when one can book. Its a bizarre way to launch something.....I'm not sure if its a weird marketing tease or just incompetence.

Not sure what to make of this (if anything), but those QE 10-day Alaska voyages are no longer showing up on several of the big name cruise booking web sites here in the U.S. They are still showing up under the Cruise Critic "Find a Cruise" function (but still with no itineraries). I assume we will just have to wait until Cunard is closer to formally announcing what QE will be doing for her Alaska voyages whenever that may be.

On a related note, I was looking at this "Grand Voyages, by Queen Elizabeth" page on Cunard's U.S. web site.

https://www.cunard.com/cruise-types/grand-voyages/queen-elizabeth/

Near the bottom of that page is a link to sign up to "Stay informed and get direct access to the latest news about Cunard's future Alaska voyages." However that link leads to "The page you are looking for cannot be found." Oh well.

I was speaking with Cunard today and I was told by their representatives that the Alaskan cruises will be released along with the Christmas 2019 itineraries. The date indicated was release in Feb/ March next year.

Thanks for the update. Looks like we have a bit of a wait then for QE's additional Alaska itineraries and pricing. But then a March time frame is when Cunard used to announce all their new itineraries prior to the 2018 announcements that were moved up to September for the first time in 2016, so I suppose we should be grateful for what has been released so far for 2019.