Epic balcony dividers opening?

Sunshine101

Hi all!

How would I be able to tell if the balcony dividers open up? My parents will be in 12256 and we'll be right beside them in 12258. Will we be able to open them up? And what if we wanted another chair or two? Do you think we could request them?

Thanks! :)

Hi all!

How would I be able to tell if the balcony dividers open up? My parents will be in 12256 and we'll be right beside them in 12258. Will we be able to open them up? And what if we wanted another chair or two? Do you think we could request them?

Cannot be open while at sea. Only in port.

Regardless of what the rule may be, I think they are in actual practice sometimes left open.

When we boarded the Epic Nov. 30, the divider between our balcony and the neighboring one was open and--based on some gunk and corrosion on the clip--appeared to have been in that position for some time.

The folks next door seemed very nice, but both we and they preferred our privacy. Although we were easily able to release the clip that held the divider open, a special tool appeared to be needed to secure it shut. We notified our steward who promptly took care of it for us.

• 10 months later...

I think the policy changed. While on the Getaway a few weeks ago there was a blurb in the Welcome Aboard sheet about balcony dividers.

It states:

Balcony Dividers between Cabins: Fire proof balcony dividers were installed to prevent fires from spreading. These balcony dividers cannot be opened even if staterooms are connected. These dividers are only opened for maintenance purposes.

I think the policy changed. While on the Getaway a few weeks ago there was a blurb in the Welcome Aboard sheet about balcony dividers.

It states:

Balcony Dividers between Cabins: Fire proof balcony dividers were installed to prevent fires from spreading. These balcony dividers cannot be opened even if staterooms are connected. These dividers are only opened for maintenance purposes.

We just got off the Getaway and the people above us opened their balconies every night. I think they had a tool and closed them up at the end of then night so they didn't get "caught".

On BA last month....my SIL and BIL in adjoining cabin. Asked to open and steward said not allowed.

Funny but first night out cabin on other side of us the separator was banging all night. Steward said could not be fixed something wrong with latch..... If such a safety issue why not fixed entire cruise....just sayin.

Hi all!

We were wondering the same thing. We do not have connecting rooms to my parents but it would have been nice to move between on the balcony. Same question as OP - re: chairs. We are on Family balcony. Would we receive 2 chairs or 4? If two, can we ask for 2 more for the kids?

Cabin: 12292 and 12288

Cheers,

Melanie