Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Great senior rate for EOS 7 night to Bermuda for September and October 2012.

These are for 9/23/12

Interior Solo from $643

Promenade Solo from $783

Outside $864

Balcony from $1214

Plus there are C & A savings certificates.

Balcony $125 off for Gold C&A

Outside $125 off for Gold

Inside $65 off for Gold

The higher C&A you are the more the discount.

I read the horror stories but really 321 for an OV. I am sure I will survive. Only in my 40s so can get by and suffer. Never done anything but a balcony. But I can drive and park for free so seems like a way to spend 5 days in misery. I got plenty of luxury at home but the beach is prettier then my view.

Nassau is certainly the same even if you take a Garbage scowl to float over to her but while the Monarch is not quite that bad, she is not up to the usual standards.

WOW, thanks for letting us know. :)

I booked a JS for 9/23/12 last September on board, with the senior discount I'm saving about $550 from when I originally booked. I also just booked a JS for 9/22/13. The regular price right now is only $200 more than I'm paying for 9/23/12 with the senior discount. I'm hoping when its gets closer to the the sailing they will offer a senior discount like this years, and I got my cabin on the hump for both sailings.

I just booked two cruises on Costa Victoria==Dec. 15 Asia 14 nights

Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand $1007 single and Dec 29 14 nights Singapore,

Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong $1367 single. Total cost.

Anyone want to join me and possibly share excursions? Costa has other great

prices for singles in Europe, but you have to look for deals. I took two

trips with them in Europe last year and liked it (one on the infamous

Concordia) costacruises.com.

I just found a senior solo rate on the 9/9 Explorer Bermuda cruise for $585 for a K inside cabin. Unbelievable! Snagged a deck 7 cabin not far from the aft elevators.

I'm booked for 9/23. It's even a few dollars cheaper for M inside. $567. With 65 savings certificate that's $502 for 7 nights!

Edited by gaylemh

I own stock, so I get $100 from that which will pay the tips. As a diamond I can drink free wine during the happy hour (or should I say happy 3 1/2 hours before late dinner). All I have to do is buy a bus pass and figure out how to get around.

I own stock, so I get $100 from that which will pay the tips. As a diamond I can drink free wine during the happy hour (or should I say happy 3 1/2 hours before late dinner). All I have to do is buy a bus pass and figure out how to get around.

If you own stock can you combine the OBC for stock ownership with other OBCs from a Certificate purchased on an earlier Carnival Cruise or with a TA OBC? Thanks

Edited by Aislinncursala

For a winter cruise from the northeast, look at the 9 day Explorer 2/1/2013 to the Caribbean(Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas & Dom Rep) - I just got a senior solo rate for a great inside cabin for a base price of $895 ($998 with port taxes) - leaves on a Fri and comes back on a Sun so less vacation days.

For a winter cruise from the northeast, look at the 9 day Explorer 2/1/2013 to the Caribbean(Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas & Dom Rep) - I just got a senior solo rate for a great inside cabin for a base price of $895 ($998 with port taxes) - leaves on a Fri and comes back on a Sun so less vacation days.

This one also has an OBC from RCCL if you're a member.

OK, I'm confused.

After a much-too-long hiatus from cruising I found what I considered a great deal and posted it here (post #1567). I must have been the only one who considered it a great deal as no one excitedly commented on my find.

While on my cruise I went to the office where they book future cruises (whatever it's called). I said (without mentioning any figures) that I had gotten what I thought was a great rate and asked "what would you consider to be a great rate on this cruise sailing solo in a balcony cabin?" Without hesitation the reply was "$400-500."

I thought my $800 rate was the find of the decade! Am I missing something? :confused:

PS If I can find single, balcony cabins for under $500 it will not be another twelve years until my next cruise!!

OK, I'm confused.

After a much-too-long hiatus from cruising I found what I considered a great deal and posted it here (post #1567). I must have been the only one who considered it a great deal as no one excitedly commented on my find.

While on my cruise I went to the office where they book future cruises (whatever it's called). I said (without mentioning any figures) that I had gotten what I thought was a great rate and asked "what would you consider to be a great rate on this cruise sailing solo in a balcony cabin?" Without hesitation the reply was "$400-500."

I thought my $800 rate was the find of the decade! Am I missing something? :confused:

PS If I can find single, balcony cabins for under $500 it will not be another twelve years until my next cruise!!

That would most definitely be a great rate for a balcony cabin - solo. However, I think $500 is totally unrealistic - unless you were on a 2-day cruise to nowhere (I am being intentionally facetious). Your $800 rate for a solo balcony was definitely a great rate. Did you enjoy the cruise?

Edited by imaboo
got the wrong word - meant facetious not factitious

Did you enjoy the cruise?

In all honesty, no I didn't.

While this was my first-ever cruise in a balcony cabin (two thumbs up for balconies), I am not a gregarious (outgoing) person. I know others are different. Others make friends out of strangers rather quickly. I don't. This was my first-ever truly solo cruise. And I felt truly solo for the entire week.

Also, of no assistance, was the fact that I received my Cruise Critic's meet-and-greet invitation some seven hours after it happened!

Alas, if only some cute little single woman had come knocking at my cabin door asking to see what a balcony cabin looked like! But those things happen only in the movies, don't they?

My love for cruising is not yet dead. And my search for a single/solo, balcony cabin for less than $500 shall continue.

Edited by Love2Cruise4Less

In all honesty, no I didn't.

While this was my first-ever cruise in a balcony cabin (two thumbs up for balconies), I am not a gregarious (outgoing) person. I know others are different. Others make friends out of strangers rather quickly. I don't. This was my first-ever truly solo cruise. And I felt truly solo for the entire week.

Also, of no assistance, was the fact that I received my Cruise Critic's meet-and-greet invitation some seven hours after it happened!

Alas, if only some cute little single woman had come knocking at my cabin door asking to see what a balcony cabin looked like! But those things happen only in the movies, don't they?

My love for cruising is not yet dead. And my search for a single/solo, balcony cabin for less than $500 shall continue.

Balconies are great. Aren't they? You will find another cruise soon. Keep looking!

But those things happen only in the movies, don't they?

No, it doesn't just happen in the movies. I met a man on the transatlantic cruise from New Orleans to Barcelona April 15-28, 2012. The moment we looked into each others eyes there was an instant spark and the chemistry was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It took us 4 days to act on the feelings, but I can tell you the time we spent together after that was the most magical, special feeling of my entire life. Now it's a waiting game to see if I am contacted. If not, I have memories that will always be with me.....

No, it doesn't just happen in the movies. I met a man on the transatlantic cruise from New Orleans to Barcelona April 15-28, 2012. The moment we looked into each others eyes there was an instant spark and the chemistry was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It took us 4 days to act on the feelings, but I can tell you the time we spent together after that was the most magical, special feeling of my entire life. Now it's a waiting game to see if I am contacted. If not, I have memories that will always be with me.....

Great story!.... I hope that it works out for you and he contacts you... he'd be a fool not to.

I was on that ship! How wonderful for you. It really was a good mix of solo/single travelers.