Looking for a quality, singles cruise for 40+

sqic

There hasn't been a post since 2008.

I am a single female 59, looking to have a great cruise, but don't want to go alone.

I like a window or balcony, and most importantly I want to have fun.:D

I think the last posting was in May of this year.

I live in Leesburg. I have been down to Windermere a lot, but only to play Bay Hill, or eat down by Sand Lake Road at the Restaurants. Nice place to live. I am moving soon to the West Coast but not until my divorce papers are final. :)

• 2 months later...
I think your percentage of 99% is too high. Perhaps saying the majority would fit the bill better but there are single men out there cruising without families and really more than you might think.

I was on a cruise back in 2010 on the Emerald Princess for 3 ten day cruises in a row. All three cruises all my cabin mates were traveling alone and single. All six of us.

po

I have found that the free on line dating sites have the same people as the paid sites..........I have found it is all about how you put yourself out there.....I date a lot and have fun.........but then I am not look for the perfect man to marry...........I am not just experiencing life and if the person comes along so be it.....;)

I have lived my life as you. Figure that if you do something you enjoy you will meet people with at least one thing in common. I have made some wonderful friends and every once in a while you meet some singles. Better to live life and maybe you will find that special person. On the singles get together's on RCL there was no real singles get together. Just a night on the bar with no meet and greet.

A cruise is not a good place for meeting a person inclined to get married. If you're looking for a holiday hook up, then maybe you can get "lucky". But for finding a "mate", I don't think so, especially in your age group. Sorry, but the 40+ males who go on cruises are 99% with their families. You don't really find many solo males in that 35 to 50 age range who cruise and are looking for a wife.

While I have to agree with the general sentiment, I'd say there are a LOT more single males in the 35 to 50 range on cruises than most people think. Including me, and I've run into many others over the years.

But it's very difficult to for singles to actually meet up on most cruises. Singles meet and greets are, for the most part, sparsely attended and often unstructured. It's very hard to tell if people are single, solo, travelling with a group of friends, available, unavailable, looking or not. Doesn't make for a very good atmosphere for meeting potential Significant Others.

Add to that the geographic issues - that even when you do meet someone and hit it off on a cruise, when the cruise is over, you'll probably be separated by a great distance, and it's VERY hard to maintain a long distance relationship, and the odds of finding anything lasting go down drastically.

So I'd have to agree - cruises aren't a great place to meet potential mates, or even brief vacation hookups, although your chances of finding a hookup are a lot higher.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Single male age 47, cruising OCT 26th on the Carnival Dream, no ex wives or children. This will be 3rd solo cruise. We single Guys are out there....you will find me most nights in the dance club...love to dance, so if a 5ft 5 gentleman ask you to dance, take a chance.

I am a single guy and love cruising. This year I decided I was just going to book some cruise solo because I was tired of waiting till I found someone to go with me. I cruised mainly before with my brother and his family. I go hoping to meet someone, but never expecting it. I went in Feburary on a solo cruise. Didn't meet the one or anything, but met a couple that I ended up hanging out with having a good time. Even met up them after the cruise for an evening. Went on a B2B2B cruise in July. Brought my 12 year old nephew (cost hardly anything to add a 2nd person to the cruises). Had a great time. Going on a 2 day cruise Nov 1st solo again. Then 2 1 week cruises B2B at the end of Nov first of Dec. My sister in law is actually coming with me on those cruises (once again not much to add a 2nd person to the cruise). I plan on doing a lot of cruising next year also. If I meet someone great, if not, still going to have a great time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished a TA cruise on the NCL Star. It was excellent as far as meeting solo cruisers; there was a meeting every night in Gatsby's Bar that was posted in the Latitudes Daily and a bunch of us ended up doing SOME dinners together, a pub crawl and a cabin crawl. It was so awesome it prompted me to want to go again. So I just spoiled myself with a verandah cabin on the Equinox TA leaving Barcelona Nov. 25 and arriving Ft Lauderdale Dec. 9, 2013. Great rates.

A bit about myself.... I am a single 53 yr old and I cruise alone most of the time. Meeting alike people is the best experience on a cruisehip (in my opinion), next to sitting by the pool listening to Caribbean style music drinking up a cocktail or two. (no, this is not meant to be an advertisement for single hookups; there are specialty websites/forums for that.)

i am interested in finding good internet cruise agencies that advertise discounted single supplements. So, if anyone knows of any....

I've been on 15 cruises ... 13 solo and have had no problem meeting people to have fun with. No, there haven't been any love connections, but I wasn't really looking. I just love cruising and having fun!

When off ship, I was glad to be solo ... especially when you see groups doing the 'tourist thing'. I was free to roam around on my own without a plan, schedule or timeline.

I would suggest AVOID cruising over the holidays solo. Years ago, I cruised solo over the Thanksgiving holiday. I learned from the maitre'd that there were only 10 singles on the ship. Yup, just 10! I still had alot of fun but it was somewhat awkward having dinner alone for Thanksgiving. The maitre'd put me at the singles table in the dining room but no one else showed up so I left and ate at the buffett.

I have never sailed solo, but am thinking about it. I would like to know how you choose which ship to sail. I would only do it if I know there will be be other solo cruisers sailing. Sitting at a table dining alone is so lonely :(.

On a recent family cruise, I chose to dine in the MDR when everyone else had other plans, so I went and was seated at a table with a family who made me feel like I was intruding. I asked to be moved and was seated at a table by myself. I did not like that either. I would like to be on a sailing where I could connect and dine with other solo passengers.

Hey Cindy,

I on this Nov 25 cruise also.. my first time cruising on my own. I'll look for you on the cruise. Anyway, hope to make a new friend... maybe we can get some more solo cruisers together. A friend was going with me, but has had to cancel. karen

Hi there,

Just thought I would put my 2 cents in here. I have been cruising since the age of 10 (I am now a single 50 year old) and although I think it would be wildly romantic to meet my perfect mate on a ship, I have never met a single man in all my years of cruising (56 cruises to date). Well, I shouldn't say that. I think I did once when I was in my early 2O's. I have never traveled solo, (usually with my family or friends) so perhaps this is why I haven't come across many singles. In any case, I am leaving this Saturday the 23rd, (with the family of course) Sapphire princess and although it is Thanksgiving week (lots of families according to OP), hoping once again that I will meet that special someone who loves to cruise!! If not, I still experience the best vacation anyone could ask for!!

Cheers,:)

Angela

I have never sailed solo, but am thinking about it. I would like to know how you choose which ship to sail. I would only do it if I know there will be be other solo cruisers sailing. Sitting at a table dining alone is so lonely :(.

On a recent family cruise, I chose to dine in the MDR when everyone else had other plans, so I went and was seated at a table with a family who made me feel like I was intruding. I asked to be moved and was seated at a table by myself. I did not like that either. I would like to be on a sailing where I could connect and dine with other solo passengers.

I have sailed 6 times solo on Carnival. They tend to seat solo travelers together. I have sailed on NCL Epic and Breakaway. They have designated solo cabin called studio cabins, and they host a nightly happy hour which is a good place to meet other solo travellers. Also go to the meet and greets, a good place to meet people.

I'm doing my first TA next year, 19 days... I have plenty of books loaded on my kindle and I also take a portable DVD player to watch movies in a quiet area on the ship. Like other people have said, it's fun traveling alone. You are on your own schedule.

Don't base your choice on going solo ... base your choice on where you want to go and what you might want to do when you get there. I'm currently looking into booking a cruise, but haven't sailed to the ABC's yet ... so am looking for a cruise that will go to Aruba, Curacao, or Bonaire. Or maybe even Granada.

The only thing is ... watch what cruise line you choose. Years ago, I really wanted to go to Panama, so picked a cruise on Holland America. The cruise went to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. I had a great time, but out of the 1,200 guests on the ship, about 1,000 were over the age of 65 .. so alot of the on board entertainment was geared towards that crowd. The bars closed down early since most of those passengers were probably in bed by midnight. So, when I was off the ship, it was fun. During the day on the ship, it was fun. But the nights were kinda boring!

The only time that I've been seated on my own was on Norwegian Jade, so I would be reluctant to sail with NCL again. There was a singles get-together on the first evening of the cruise, and a handful of us agreed to meet up in the bar if we wanted company for dinner. If I went to the restaurant on my own I was always seated on my own. I did say that I was prepared to share, but that wasn't an option.

Royal Caribbean always fills tables, so at least there's no chance of being alone. There were a few singles meet-ups at lunchtime on my last trip (Adventure of the Seas) and a few singles tables in the MDR for dinner. RCI is my preference.

• 2 months later...

Any mature, single female cruiser on this trip? Will be traveling with my daughter but hope to have our seperate times away. Hope to find another cruiser to share some time with.

I am from OK and 73 yrs young.

Dtr single cruiser as well.

Click on the link below my signature. It's a website where I will be hosting some cruises, organizing singles activities snd group dinners and its where you can possibly find a cabinmate if interested. It also has examples of cruise costs in CAD$ because my aim is to get Singles interested in Cruising on a Budget together.

Finding cruise deals is pastime of mine that I am fortunate to afford; I do not get any financial benefit from it. Meeting new friends, single or not, is my main benefit.