My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

Next up was the Seuss parade! Everyone met in the theater in the front of the ship and the parade went all the way to the theater in the back of the ship through deck 5. There were Dr. Seuss characters marching with us and the staff gave all the kids banners, signs, pom poms, cowbells, etc and had everyone chant "seuss on the loose" over and over as we marched. It was cute.

2015-22-6--12-16-49.jpeg_zpsxkwmomim.png

The theater where the parade ended is where story time was. Everyone was invited to sit on the stage and the cruise director, Hennie, read Cat in the Hat and they picked 4 audience members to participate in acting out the story....A man, a woman, and 2 kids. It was fun, fast paced, and kept all the kids' attention.

2015-22-6--12-17-14.jpeg_zpsm1ddw8zy.png

Speaking of Hennie the cruise director....I think he did an excellent job. I saw him all over the place mingling with the crowds. He was the most visible CD I've experienced. I've been on cruises where I never even saw the CD. And I guess he's in charge of the daily activities (right?) and it seemed like there was always tons of fun things to do, lots of trivia, lots of karaoke, games, etc.

My kid blistered her feet on those steps last September:(. We were sitting around the pool. She decided she was old enough to go up and go on the slide by herself. I said okay and I would be watching her. Saw her run up the steps and stop and bend over...I thought she was goofing around. Poor thing :(

Oh no! That's awful :( They should have a warning sign, in my opinion. Just a simple "Deck and stairs get hot, so feel free to wear your flip flops on the slides"

Check out how crowded the lido deck got!

2015-22-6--12-17-39.jpeg_zpszs9bbq8k.png

2015-22-6--12-18-31.jpeg_zpsqs61kx1b.png

Not the best picture, but this is the serenity deck (adults only) on 12th deck.

2015-22-6--12-19-40.jpeg_zps5u6dzxc8.png

We ate an early dinner of pizza and hamburgers so that we could hit the Karaoke at 7:30pm. My girls LOVE to sing karaoke!! On our way there, we checked out the piano bar.

2015-22-6--12-21-01.jpeg_zps6eawddp0.png

And here is Sara karaoke-ing. They both did so good and were so excited to be up there. It's the little things lol

2015-22-6--12-21-27.jpeg_zps2exfzuoo.png

Then back to the room for an early bedtime so we'd be ready for ROATAN!!!

2015-22-6--12-21-58.jpeg_zpsv3adntmf.png

Thanks everyone! Oregoncruiselover, we were on the June 14 sailing :)

OK, next up is Roatan and Little French Key! LOVED THIS PLACE!!! It was gorgeous and the staff was so friendly. I took lots of pics, so get ready!

IMG_3734_zps5tnexrhr.jpg

We were docked there with the Valor

IMG_3736_zpsghkztlmg.jpg

IMG_3740_zpsxyjlffm9.jpg

Little French Key is not a carnival sponsored excursion. Carnival's excursion is called Big French Key, and is right across from Little French Key. So anyway, since it's not through Carnival, you have to leave the shopping area and walk up and then down a big hill on a road in order to get to the pick up location.

It wasn't too bad, but I was a little nervous about getting hit by a car, especially with the kids. There wasn't a sidewalk, just a shoulder. This picture shows the taxi cabs, which I guess would take you up over the hill if you want, but we chose to walk, and beyond that is the road we walked up.

IMG_3743_zpsnf90g05s.jpg

And then this picture shows how the road curved around and then went down a steep hill to the waiting shuttles and cars. We were told to not go with anyone but Larry or David, and they would have Frenchy 44 tshirts with their names. We found Larry and he piled us into a shuttle with another couple. That couple said that a bunch of the taxi drivers tried to say they were Larry, when they learned that couple was going to LFK. Yikes!

IMG_3745_zpsjuajjifu.jpg

It was about a 15 min drive to Frenchy's 44 Restaurant where the boat was waiting to take us to LFK. Our driver talked the entire time about the island of Roatan and it was really interesting! We got to Frenchy's, paid our money there (be sure to take cash if you do this excursion because there's a 15% charge for using a credit card). We got the full island package, which came with lunch and 2 free drinks, and it was $88 per adult, $44 per child under 12.

Here's our little boat! The boat captain had a conch shell he was blowing on instead of using a horn.

IMG_3747_zpsr9cq1wul.jpg

And here's LFK from the boat. It's a super short boat ride there, which is good, because we could hardly wait!

IMG_3749_zpssvbhoawx.jpg

And then this picture shows how the road curved around and then went down a steep hill to the waiting shuttles and cars. We were told to not go with anyone but Larry or David, and they would have Frenchy 44 tshirts with their names. We found Larry and he piled us into a shuttle with another couple. That couple said that a bunch of the taxi drivers tried to say they were Larry, when they learned that couple was going to LFK. Yikes!

Okay, so that's a little bit scary. How did that other couple figure out which Larry was the real one? I want to visit LFK on my next cruise and hadn't even considered the possibility of something like this happening.

Okay, so that's a little bit scary. How did that other couple figure out which Larry was the real one? I want to visit LFK on my next cruise and hadn't even considered the possibility of something like this happening.

The confirmation email I received from LFK said specifically what Larry and/or David would be wearing, and that their names would be on their shirts. The letter said to not get lured away with anyone else. I can see how it would be easy to be duped though. There was a big crowd of drivers all wanting you to go with them. I'm usually a super laid back person, but I admit the experience of finding Larry made me very nervous. I do highly recommend LFK though!!

Great pictures! I am reliving LFK thru your review.

Larry seemed to spot us as soon as we saw him; it worked out well. We received the email as well, with specific instructions on who to look for. I would love to go back and spend another day (or two!).

Great pictures! I am reliving LFK thru your review.

Larry seemed to spot us as soon as we saw him; it worked out well. We received the email as well, with specific instructions on who to look for. I would love to go back and spend another day (or two!).

Me too! I hope to get back there someday :)

The confirmation email I received from LFK said specifically what Larry and/or David would be wearing, and that their names would be on their shirts. The letter said to not get lured away with anyone else. I can see how it would be easy to be duped though. There was a big crowd of drivers all wanting you to go with them. I'm usually a super laid back person, but I admit the experience of finding Larry made me very nervous. I do highly recommend LFK though!!

We were recently in ROATAN and I can't encourage you enough to just pay the $2/person fee for the cab to take you to the meetup point. We had our kids with us and it was so hot and a REALLY long walk (our meetup for Bodden tours was the VERY LAST and I swear it was probably about a mile total walk even though they say it isn't.) Also, when you're in the cab they're still trying to hound you from outside to go with them (even though we already had a tour booked, its ridiculous there!!) So I can only imagine the stress of fending them off with children while walking. Plus, the cab drivers know exactly where each groups meetup point is so they will take you directly there. That $8 was well worth the peace of mind!!

Anyhow, sorry for my tangent and thanks for the review. I'm going on the Dream for the first time in September so I'm excited to follow along.

We were recently in ROATAN and I can't encourage you enough to just pay the $2/person fee for the cab to take you to the meetup point. We had our kids with us and it was so hot and a REALLY long walk (our meetup for Bodden tours was the VERY LAST and I swear it was probably about a mile total walk even though they say it isn't.) Also, when you're in the cab they're still trying to hound you from outside to go with them (even though we already had a tour booked, its ridiculous there!!) So I can only imagine the stress of fending them off with children while walking. Plus, the cab drivers know exactly where each groups meetup point is so they will take you directly there. That $8 was well worth the peace of mind!!

Anyhow, sorry for my tangent and thanks for the review. I'm going on the Dream for the first time in September so I'm excited to follow along.

I actually had no idea how far we were going to have to walk when we set off. It wasn't a huge deal, but I wasn't crazy about walking down a street with no sidewalk in an unfamiliar place. Might just use the $2 cab next time! (I had no idea of the price, but that's not bad!)

In this picture, see that ladder going down into the water? Um, yeah, that ladder is only attached at the top. I got a beer with my free drink ticket and decided to climb down that ladder into the water. Well I was only holding on with one hand, and walking in facing the water (I made several mistakes lol). The ladder whooshed in when I stepped on it and I went flying off the side, crashed into the wooden seat beside it, and then bounced into the water. Not one of my finer moments :cool: There were two ladies in front of me who I completely splashed and they came running over to pick me up out of the water and look me over. Turns out they were nurses, and very sweet, and were so concerned (and I was impressed they didn't crack up at whole commotion). I was bleeding a little, but that was no biggie. You should see my black and blue hip! And I still have a big lump on my forearm. I was hurting! But the biggest tragedy was my free beer had sank to the bottom of the water. Boo! So I trudged back up the crazy ladder and tried to use my second free drink coupon for another beer. The bartender asked why I was back so soon and when I told him what happened he refused to take my ticket, but insisted I just take the replacement beer. I wish I would have asked him his name, because he was really good to us all day long.

SO yeah, here's the ladder of doom...

2015-24-6--08-48-58.jpeg_zpscxr29aus.png

There is a platform about 10 feet high that you can jump off of. My kids decided they weren't leaving without jumping. I couldn't believe how brave they were! I actually got a pic of Sara in mid-air, but didn't have my camera with me when Josie finally got up the nerve to jump.

It was one of the more popular places at LFK, there was a steady stream of people jumping all day long.

2015-24-6--08-49-44.jpeg_zpstaoonzyi.png

Lunch was really good! It had red beans and rice, beets, salsa, yucca chips, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, and lobster. A little exotic, but really good (and I'm not a very adventurous eater. I'm picky)

2015-24-6--08-53-51.jpeg_zpsfa0sykil.png

Edited by bluejay555