Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

I started the Dukan Diet 12 days ago. Have lost 10 lbs so far. Lots to go before my Nov. 6 cruise. With all this rain and no indoor mall near by finding it hard to get in the walking. My house seems really small while trying to walk 30 minutes. Hope I can keep it up. Joan

I have never heard of it so I did some research after reading your post.

I have cruise coming up mid October and I had good luck on other high protein plans. I will be ordering a copy of the book. I wish you could find alist of what is allowed in phase 1 since I will have to wait a few weeks for my book to come.

Good luck & keep posting your results here.

I have never heard of it so I did some research after reading your post.

I have cruise coming up mid October and I had good luck on other high protein plans. I will be ordering a copy of the book. I wish you could find alist of what is allowed in phase 1 since I will have to wait a few weeks for my book to come.

Good luck & keep posting your results here.

I googled the diet and came up with several different websites that do list the phase foods. I THINK one site was my dukan diet dot com. Not positive though.

The hardest part of the diet for me is the oat bran. I really don't like it. I have tried many ways, in eggs, hamburger, etc. And it is snowing outside so exercising inside again. You can get the diet on line. Or try your library for the book that is what I did. The book has lots of information. I am not hungry. And have no cravings. I love sugar and I even have candy in the house and haven't touched one bite. Joan

Edited by SkiRacer
add something

Good job!

Keep up the good work.

I found the basic info online, but will not be starting until May 30th. I will be at my mom's next week and the home cooking is so good that I want to enjoy it.

Have a good weekend and I will check in when I get back.

4cats1house,

Hope you had a nice visit at home.

For everyone else that has tried lots of diets, you should really try this one. The lack of cravings is the best thing. I get a twinge for sweets once and a while, but it is so small it is gone right away. And that is very unusual for me.

I started the Dukan diet May 6th and I have lost 12 lbs. Very happy !!

I like you seem to be sticking to this diet without much effort. I have no cravings, well ,maybe for fruit ,but certainly not sweets. :)

I only stayed on phase one for three days and now I do one protein, one protein/veg day.

I made sure the house was well stocked with all the foods needed before I began.

I don't mind the oat bran..mix it in my yogurt or make "Dukan Muffins" as I call them... made with all allowed ingredients..found recipe on line.

2 eggs

2/3 cup Fat free Greek Yogurt (strawberry )

12 tablespoons Oat Bran

1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 cup fat free milk( skim)

1 or 2 teaspoon cinnamon (again to taste)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 or 2 teaspoons Splendia ( actually sweeten to your own taste)

Mix and bake 375 degrees for 30 mins ..makes six muffins, they are quite dense, but not too bad.

I usually have one for breakfast with fat free cream cheese. Sometimes it's hard to face protein for breakfast with no toast ;)..these have helped.

Nice to find someone in the same boat. Looks like Pippa in her white dress at the Royal wedding inspired a few people.:D

Edited by COLLEYBERRY

Hi Joan,

I think 10 pounds a month is totally attainable on this diet. I can't wait to see how we do.:)

Wishing you better walking weather, I really do enjoy my daily walk.

Weather here, has been a little rainy ,but not too bad(no snow at least;))

I have never looked forward to weighing myself so much.:D Seems like most everyday there is a surprise.

Best of Luck

Colleen

Hi Joan,

I think 10 pounds a month is totally attainable on this diet. I can't wait to see how we do.:)

Wishing you better walking weather, I really do enjoy my daily walk.

Weather here, has been a little rainy ,but not too bad(no snow at least;))

I have never looked forward to weighing myself so much.:D Seems like most everyday there is a surprise.

Best of Luck

Colleen

I know what you mean about looking forward to weighting. I got my walk in today just before the rain, so much better than walking around inside for 30+ minutes. Enjoy you next weigh in. :cool: Joan

Hi Joan,

I am down 15 lbs now wahoo !!!:D Haven't walked for two days ,however am an xray technologist and I walk 8 hours a day, do you think that counts.??:D:DProbably not if you get paid.:rolleyes:

Good Luck Colleen

Colleen,

Congrats on the 15. I have stalled a little, I have lost 14. I tried the muffin recipe, forgot the salt, it was still a nice change for the oat bran. If you are on your feet for work, you body is used to that so maybe pick a different thing for exercise like dancing around while you watch TV or something like that. Joan

Hi Joan

I found I would stall for a day or two then boom!! lose one or two. Good Luck.:)

You are right about your body being use to what you do..... I have a girls weekend this weekend, I have already planned my strategy and I think I will manage fine..checked out menu of restaurant (on line ) and have already chosen my "Dukan Friendly " dinner.:)

I started Dukan on the 9th of May and those first 5 or 6 days were tremendous!!! Lost 8 1/2 lbs but then everything slowed down and it became a game of up and down although I was sticking to it faithfully....now this week I had 2 birthdays so I have strayed a bit but am hoping that if I do a couple of days of Pure Protein maybe I will get the loss kickstarted again. I really feel good and don't find it a hard diet at all but the stall is just so discouraging after such good results at the beginning. And I actually enjoy the oat bran, put it in yogurt with half of a little packet of Crystal Light....soooo good~~ I also make pancakes with an egg, tablespoon of yogurt, oat bran, some of that wonderful Mexican Vanilla from Cozumel, little cinnamon and Splenda....then use fat free cream cheese instead of butter and a little sugar free syrup....very good and filling.

Anybody want to share recipes or menu ideas? I need all the help I can get to get me back on track!!!

Hi arb34

I know the initial weight loss is magical, the same thing happened to me, but I have adopted the mantra "slow and steady wins the race".Think down the road a week or two and then compare your weight loss.

Thanks for the tip on the pancakes I will look for sugar free syrup..I also use fat free cream cheese instead of butter. I think as long as you stay inside the boundaries of the diet...what meal ideas we come up with are just fine. here are some of the recipes I have used..

Cauliflower Mash

Steamed head of cauliflower (cut into florets )

Minced Garlic ( 1 or 2 two tbsp or to taste)

Fat free cream cheese ( 2 or 3 tbsp or again as much as you think)

Salt( or Mrs Dash) and pepper or indeed any spice you want to use

When cauliflower is fork tender..drain and mash then add other ingredients .. mix well. Not too bad at all and if you try hard you can pretend it's mash potatoes.:D

Jello Custard/ Mousse thingee.:D

Sugar free Jello

1 cup boiling water

1/2 cup cold water

1/2 cup Fat free Greek Yogurt

To 1 cup of boiling water add Jello powder stir..then add 1/2 cup cold water let mixture cool down a little ..then add 1/2 cup yogurt mix well chill until set

Raspberry,Lime or Orange Jello have worked well for me.

I have made a mayo substitute with Fat free Greek(1cup) yogurt,Dijon ( 2 tsp)mustard,lemon juice( splash) and a little Splendia.(to taste)

I used it to make egg or salmon salad (chopped green onion and celery)

Then I put the salad fillings in romaine lettuce leaves instead of bread. Different but tasty.

Oh and I have introduced myself to turkey bacon and sugar free ketchup.:):) Good Luck Everyone.

Edited by COLLEYBERRY

I am excited to try your 'mayo'...had been thinking I needed to come up with something for that....egg salad would be great!!!

have you tried the Atkins Stroganoff recipe? you can search for it online ~~ it works very well for this as it uses lots of mushrooms instead of noodles....I did a chicken dish using the same idea, cooked the chicken and then added chicken broth and 1/4 cup or so of fat free sour cream and a little fat free cream cheese....makes a nice thick sauce so it tastes like 'comfort food' leave out the mushrooms for a PP day

I'm reading on Dukan message boards that too much dairy can cause stalls so I'm trying to eliminate my reliance on yogurt/cottage cheese multiple times a day but somehow just dropping a big ole hunk of beef on my dinner plate (when I have cooked lots of side dishes for the family) seems lonely...have to find some alternatives for PP days... anyone have any non-dairy Dukan friendly sides?

oh and for those 'need a munchie times' I have microwaved turkey pepperoni for 1 minute 45 seconds (on paper towels to absorb any fat) and they turn nice and crispy crunchy....try to only do a few though because the sodium is higher than I want...

Hi arb34

I know what you mean about comfort food and "lonely beef ":D Thanks for the Stroganoff tip.

I made a beef soup..with browned stewing beef( cut off all visible fat ) low sodium beef broth (tetra pack Campbell) lots of veggies ( very few carrots) add what ever spice you would like...warm and filling.

I have made a cocktail sauce with sugar free ketchup and horseradish.I will often have some shrimp and cocktail sauce with my PP dinner helps keep the beef/chicken company.;)

I have a feeling we are really going to help one another through this, thanks for starting the thread Ski Racer.:)

Welcome arb34,

Colleen thanks again for the muffin recipe, I made a batch of 6, so when I eat one in the morning I get my 2 tablespoons of oat bran.

I lost 9 lbs the first week and 2 and a half each, during the next 2 weeks. So I hope it keeps up. The best thing for me is very little cravings and being able to resist them.

Good luck over the week end. Joan

Hi Joan,

That's exactly how I regard the muffins ,one of those and I know I 've had my oat bran.:). Crystal Light with lot's of ice, sure helps to get the water down as well.

Now that I have settled in, I really don't have cravings either and I think my appetite has diminished as well.I know it says you can eat all the protein etc. that you want but I really don't seem to want much more than an ordinary serving.Maybe this is a "magic diet" :D:D

Off first thing tomorrow, for my girls weekend, wish me luck that I stay Dukan Strong.:)

Thanks for the welcome!! I look forward to trying the muffins. I really don't miss or crave much except for just snacky type of munchy food....and for now the turkey pepperoni is filling the bill. 3 different friends who wanted to do this diet have all dropped out finding it too hard so I am very happy to find you guys who I can do this with! Maybe someday we can meet on a Skinny Girl Cruise??? LOL!!!

I love this diet. Now I am at the stage where I have to make myself eat. Never really experienced that before. Even have cookies and chips in the house for hubby and haven't touched them. I read in the book if your weight loss stalls during phase 2, walk 60 minutes each day until you start to lose again. Are either of you doing the exercises from the book? Colleen hope you have a fun skinny weekend. Joan

Edited by SkiRacer

H Joan,

Back from a fun weekend...I did pretty well... the restaurant meal was a chicken / spinach salad with lemon garlic vinaigrette..great, except it also had cranraisins sunflower seeds and feta cheese (not much)..it was delicious !! Also ate and this is literally:D..4 grapes ,5 cherries,4 potato chips and a 1/3 of a brownie...and I am guilt ridden :p However today right back on track ..pure protein all the way. I was up a pound. when I got home...damn grapes :D:D

I am going to look into the exercises...I have ones I do anyway but I had thought of looking into the book ones. I tend to walk more than the 30 mins suggested ...but crazy weather and exhausted from work has been getting in the way lately. I plan to be really disciplined this week coming up . I am still enjoying this diet and think I can see it through to the final phase. I ,like you Joan, find food doesn't seem to be so much of a focus anymore.. it just may be a magic diet.:)