Info on CS - Captain Suite on Liberty

orientodyssey

Hi, we are planning our first Carnival cruise. We have sailed RCCL, HAL, and Celebrities before. We plan to take the Liberty West Caribben voyage.

We are two adults with two young children (3 & 7). They are too young to have their own cabin so we always seek a larger accomodation. We noted no Liberty therre is a "Captain's Suite - CS" available. Wonder if any one had stayed in that sutie before? Do you have any pictures?

The description on Carnival's web site is a little confusing. It says the balcony is 15 square feet? yet it mention in the description that it has a extended stretched private balcony? Also not sure about the lay out of the cabin. Even look at the ship diagram, it seems not that large.

Is this CS only availalbe on Liberty? Is there any other vessels have this catagory, which is higher than GS?

Any one can share a picture of your stay will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks you.....

I havnt been in that cabin but the balcony is 150sqft Just got of the phone with my PVP these are the largest cabins Carnival has at sees I think

I dont know of another ship that has this cabin if it proves to be popular they may do it on other ships during drydock

But here are some photos

1015911196_master-suite9199.jpg.d72fdf8c2bf023c2fa9e8cde1347dcb5.jpg

892505701_living-and-bedroom9199.jpg.c2e762689f40f9faeaeef839c0c673f2.jpg

Edited by jonbgd

I have not stayed in this room either. This is the only ship that has this cabin. It was added in dry dock. There are a couple of threads hear discussing it. Try searching for a poster with the name nesmo (I think). He has stayed there and posted pics as well. One nice cabin!

Hi, jonbgd,

Thank you for the clarification! Wonder if you have any pictures of that cabin? Or a short description? It the lay out like GS, a big room, or it does have seperate room? Thank you for any info.......

Posted couple pics after edit in OP

Looks like a typo to me.
Saturday, November 20, 2010

Caribbean-Western,

7 DaysCarnival Liberty/Carnival Cruise

Lines

Suite (CS)

2 Adults

Per Passenger $2,759

TOTAL $5,518

(2) Government Fees$ 121.92

TOTAL $ 5639.92

Edited by jonbgd

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Caribbean-Western,

7 DaysCarnival Liberty/Carnival Cruise

Lines

Suite (CS)

2 Adults

Per Passenger $2,759

TOTAL $5,518

(2) Government Fees$ 121.92

TOTAL $ 5639.92

knew it was pricey, wonder how often they are filled.

Someone was looking for a cabin to book 5 .. and this one was suggested :eek: :eek: :eek:

I dont think thats what the person had in mind thinking they could squeeze 5 in a cabin to save money.

I wouldnt do it thats 3 cruises in a balcony

But I think they are trying to compete with RCCL a little more with suites and this one is a experiment if people book it they will add to other ships in this class as this was

If I got this as a suite GTY I wouldnt be complaining:D

These rooms have actually been out there for a while. I think it is really telling that at least one other Conquest class ship has gone into dry dock (Freedom) and did not get these rooms added. They are also NOT on the list of things I have seen posted here (granted not gospel) of items that will be done to the Glory when she goes in later this year.

I have been on the Liberty and we had the CS 9199.

It's very nice, espacially those front windows. Not too much wind on the balcony. Only during sail aways thre were people on the deck above, so we had enough privacy. It's also very quiet there. We didn't hear anything from pool side. Only thing we heard were the waves.

Nezmo said there were people trying to get through the secret door... We never had anyone trying. The secret door is where 9200 is. At 9199 there is a storage for the steward.

Just don't turn the shower towards the door. The rubberseal is too small and waters goes through, all over the floor. But it's no big deal, as you will find out.

What we experienced is, that we were spending very much time in the cabin, looking through the front windows.

We had a little sail away party with people we met here online when we left Grand Turk. Even wth all those people in the room we were still having MUCH space and were walking around. The room is huge.

We also liked Butch, the CD, very much.

Those prices are correct, and they had lanned to put this CS on all the ships of this class, but didn't do so. So, Liberty is the only one having them. It is the biggest in the entire Carnival fleet. They really should put them on the other ships too, IMHO.

While onboard we got certificates at the furture vacations desk and will cruise in the CS again.

We (a couple with three kids) are going in one of these rooms in mid-Feb. There not quite as expensive as you might think for a family of five, since the price for the remaining three passengers was only about $400 each. So it was around $6k for the week, I think. For a family of five, I thought that wasn't too bad- especially as it looks so nice.

Nice, but where would the Captain sleep if you booked his cabin?:D

That cabin is part of the new Carnival Program Captain for a week

Oh wait a minute that was on the SPLENDOR

I want one! Any chance of me booking an inside guarantee and getting upgraded to a captain suite? No? Well then is anyone who is planning to go in one of these looking to adopt? Although it looks like if I booked one of those rooms, I would never leave the cabin.

• 4 years later...