Pearl might have a charter booked for jan 17-24 2015?

hotlipss

We are considering booking the Pearl for feb 2015 and after doing a little research I came across this...it would conflict with 2 of the cruises in jan..now it makes me worry about feb cruises..i know this feb there were a lot booked but was hoping next feb would be different since they have longer cruises scheduled ...I found it on Sixthman..which I believe is the music charter group ncl uses..but this charter is not listed on ncl yet only on Sixthman web..check it..has anyone else see this?how far advance do they inform u that your cruise is chartered?that would be sad after all the planning..which for me is part of the fun

https://www.sixthman.net/account/shi...dfaith#reserve

First...good research on your part, by checking 6th Man's website as part of your process....these types of music charters are wildly popular and 6th Man seems to be adding more all the time...guests who were booked on a normal sailing for that week in 2015 are probably being offered alternatives as we speak by NCL

Just to play it safe, I would look for an alternative NCL cruise for the week in Feb 2015 that you were considering

Full charter music cruises have the pattern of staying within the same time frame every year, so fans can put in their vacation bids at work and the artists can plan their touring schedules

Howdy,

Sixthman has confirmed that NCL Pearl will be a charter sailing on January 17th. Thanks to Hotlipss for alerting me to this situation. Seems funny that I just spoke with NCL and they said this cruise (Jan 12th to 22nd) was not cancelled. I wonder for how much longer they will continue to book people on the cruise before they make them aware that it has been cancelled.

Hello ddaz,

Thank you for your message. The Dates of January 17th are not incorrect. Since we just finalized the charter and took the Pearl from its original route their website is not yet update. Not to worry we will be on the Pearl and we will be sailing January 17th.

Thanks for checking.

Regards

sixthman | http://www.sixthman.net

The NCL & Sixthman venture is still in it's early stages so it will take them awhile to work out the kinks...I am sure NCL long range fleet schedule planners will have worked out a schedule where they do not factor in the Pearl in it's 8-10 cruise offerings by fall

NCL has the historical data that shows how far in advance do guests book a cruise which will drive at what point the cutoff for scheduling a charter should be

However, if an organization approaches NCL about a charter less then a year out, and throws lots of $$$ at them, and NCL knows they have enough excess capacity fleet wise to offer alternatives for booked guests, it then becomes a decision of economics

I predict the Pearl will be "charted out" from the fall to the spring within the next 12-18 months and do regular sailings in the summer during peak demand

I just live chatted with someone from Sixth Man Cruises. Yes, the Pearl will be chartered on January 10-17, 2015. Now I get to reschedule.....

That sucks for everyone on your sailing..best of luck finding a new cruise..I also like to plan ahead and spend the year getting excited about the cruise..that's part of the fun for me but I will think twice now cause with us living in Canada having to rebook air tickets can be costly :(

I just live chatted with someone from Sixth Man Cruises. Yes, the Pearl will be chartered on January 10-17, 2015. Now I get to reschedule.....

We are booked on the Jan. 12th cruise, now that it has been chartered how and when will we be notified, and why is NCL still booking this Jan. 12th cruise, doesn't that just make more people upset when they get canceled, makes no sense to me (but then alot of things make no sense to me:D)

If it is chartered from January 10, 2015, then will they also cancel the sailing from January 2 to the 12? That is when I am booked!!!!

It seems like if it's chartered for the weeks mentioned on this thread there would be 3 different cruises affected, I think someone mentioned here or on our Jan. 12th roll call that they might bring in a different ship for the already booked cruises but I have never been in this situation before so I have no idea what they do, I just wish they would let us know what's happening.:(

We're booked for the 2/12/15 Pearl cruise too. Sixthman has the ship booked for 2/10/15. I'm so confused!! :eek::confused::eek:

Holding on to our reservation for now and will see how long it'll be before we heard anything officially from NCL.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

Here's a quote from Cayamo's FB page:

Thank you #Cayamo-ans for another wonderful week! Safe travels today as you all head back home. Let the countdown begin for January 17, 2015 when we all reunite again...

All of these dates are making my head spin!

Edited by OceanDreaming2

I think someone mentioned here or on our Jan. 12th roll call that they might bring in a different ship for the already booked cruises but I have never been in this situation before so I have no idea what they do

Cancelling Pearl's regular cruises in Jan/Feb is pretty normal and has happened already for few years now (after the charter dates are finalized which is later than when NCL begins to sell the regular cruises, hence the cancellations). Replacing a ship with another because of charters on the other hand is very unusual - I don't remember ever hearing about that.

Edited by Demonyte

Well, we booked a Hawaii cruise on Princess for February 2015 but didn't cancel our Pearl cruise just yet. My travel agent says NCL usually waits a few months to make sure the charter will have enough people to cancel us regular folks. But by then the cabin we want would be gone.

Most of the charters seem to be seven days. So why does NCL do them on a ship with 10 and 11 day itineraries? I wish they had left the Sun on these longer routes and put the Pearl on a 7 day Western or Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

NCL: Are you listening??

Who is Cayamo There is a listing for Blind Faith Sociaty from Jan 17th throught the 24th on the Pearl. If this is true why did NCL let us book for an 11 day cruise from Jan. 22nd through Feb. 2nd 2015. Somebody has really screwed up. NCL should have told the travel agents this when they were booking customers or else the CAyamo thing is not going to happen????

Who is Cayamo There is a listing for Blind Faith Sociaty from Jan 17th throught the 24th on the Pearl. If this is true why did NCL let us book for an 11 day cruise from Jan. 22nd through Feb. 2nd 2015. Somebody has really screwed up. NCL should have told the travel agents this when they were booking customers or else the CAyamo thing is not going to happen????

As BabsinTX wrote earlier: "My travel agent says NCL usually waits a few months to make sure the charter will have enough people to cancel us regular folks."

This is quite normal and since charters are finalized way later than normal sales begin, there will be cancellations because of charters - all cruise lines do this if they are asked to provide a ship for a charter.

If Sixthman charters from the 17 of Jan to the 24th of Jan 2015, I will mess up a lot of cruises. Especially the 10 day and 11th day southern Caribbean. We are booked on the 11 day from Jan 22, 2015 to Feb. 2, 2015. Does anyone know if NCL will give us the same price if we decide to take the early March cruise with the same itinerary because of the inconvenience that Sixthman could cause. I talked with NCL and of course they could tell me nothing. If they wait to long to let anyone know what is going on we might not even get on the Pearl for a cruise early next year.